Where should stimulus money go?

?

• Simply to white construction workers and skilled workers

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Not simply to white construction workers and skilled workers

Votes: 9 69.2%

• Total voters
Well if they insist on spending it *now*, then it needs to go to workers that are qualified to do the work. If there aren't enough qualified minorities, then you'd have to train them, which takes time.

The best thing of course would be Option C: drop the crackpot economic theory known as Keynesianism, which states that spending vast government sums on literally anything will jolt the economy back to life.

LOL.

The wingnut brou ha ha over the Reich video is the best faux outrage post of the month!:clap2:

Calm down white people. You're acting like a bunch of whiny school girls.

I totally agree that we shouldn't give all the stimulus money just to white people. That's just fucking common sense.

And who's the moron that thinks public works projects require only "skilled" electricians, bricklayers and carpenters? Who's the moron who slept through high school history class, and doesn't know that public works projects can employ people of all different skill levels in all types of ways?

Is there really anyone in their right mind who thinks a laid off janitor is going to be hired to do civil engineering design on a bridge? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
LOL.

The wingnut brou ha ha over the Reich video is the best faux outrage post of the month!:clap2:

I totally agree that we shouldn't give all the stimulus money just to white people. That's just fucking common sense.

And who's the moron that thinks public works projects require only "skilled" electricians, bricklayers and carpenters? Who's the moron who slept through high school history class, and doesn't know that public works projects can employ people of all different skill levels in all types of ways?

Is there really anyone in their right mind who thinks a laid off janitor is going to be hired to do civil engineering design on a bridge? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

who should get it?

LOL.

2nd best race baiter on board and accounted for.

Taking the stimulus package as a fait accompli, where should the money go?

How about allowing taxpayers keep their money? The best way to stimulate the economy is for Congress to cut their spending on waste and give that money back to the private sector.

LOL.

Who cares what color of people get the money? To focus on the race of the person receiving the money is racist in nature. The bottom line is that government doesn't create wealth, they collect the wealth.

Taking the stimulus package as a fait accompli, where should the money go?

How about allowing taxpayers keep their money? The best way to stimulate the economy is for Congress to cut their spending on waste and give that money back to the private sector.

No kidding. I pay $500.00 a month in taxes they don't even deserve...which the government wastes as it is..they deserve nothing else.

It's a pointless argument anyway. Reich wasted 1 minute of his life saying something that should have gone without saying.

In a labor project, you're going to have your skilled foremen, your skilled journeymen, and your skilled apprentices. And then, you're ALWAYS going to have your less skilled laborers, grunts, whatever, to do the crappy work like digging ditches and holes, and holding a shovel straight up and down while they sip coffee and watch another guy bust his ass inside a manhole.

None of it has to do with color. It's about efficiency. You pick from the pool of labor based on qualifications. You get the cheap, less skilled laborers to do the dirty work, and you get the skilled laborers to run the machinery, take the precise measurements, and construct the projects.

Why the fuck is this even a topic? It's nothing but unnecessary divisiveness to bait both sides into a heated race debate. Reich ought to be ashamed of himself for even saying such nonsense. Let the fucking contractors and foremen decide the manpower they way it's SUPPOSED to be decided. It's been working fine for fucking 200 years, why make a race issue out of it NOW?

Poll: Do we need to revive the "Pure Crap" forum to give this thread the respect it deserves?

• Yes .........=============================.......71 ......100%
  • No............= ........................................................0.........0%

I mean shit, I've got a Mexican guy on my crew that I'd ABSOLUTELY give work to before MOST of the white losers that have come through over the years.

Fucking race and ethnicity have SHIT to do with this issue.

I agree with Missourian. Pure Crap just earned its comeback.

LOL.

Who cares what color of people get the money? To focus on the race of the person receiving the money is racist in nature. The bottom line is that government doesn't create wealth, they collect the wealth.

That's a nice conservative fantasy you may have been made to recite from listening to the rush limbaugh show. But that's not the way it works.

Human beings are by nature biased. If left to their own devices, they'll give work and contracts to people they are familiar with, people who have influence and contacts in the seats of power. And those companies tend to be run by white, christian males. Its just human nature.

Why do you think Halliburton got all those contracts in iraq? And they did some of the crappiest, shoddiest work around. In some cases, putting american soldiers lives at risk. And halliburton is a company run by rich white men.

One function of the government is to have rules and contract regulations in place so that everyone has a fair shot at it. Otherwise, you end up with another halliburton disaster. And there are plenty of companies run by women engineers and black engineers that don't have influence or contacts in washington. They often get left out in the cold, without some rules in place to make sure they have a fair shot at the contract. That's just human nature. You tend to give work to those you know, those who look like you, or those who have influence, unless you are forced by a system of rules that force you to look outside the traditional circles of power and infuence.

I'm not afraid to drive on a bridge designed by a qualified women engineer. Are you?

Last edited:
There ya have it folks straight from RedDawns mouth. This is all about keeping money and work outta the hands of White Christian Males. Period Dot. End Quote.com

There ya have it folks straight from RedDawns mouth. This is all about keeping money and work outta the hands of White Christian Males. Period Dot. End Quote.com

Don't forget, it's also about establishing that everyone who doesn't agree with Reich is tainted by their daily Rush listenership, since that's Obama's latest rant and all.

I'll take my share of the trillions about to be wasted and put it to better use than the government will.

The best economic stimulus is to let people keep more of their own money.

Forum List

Back