Where should Ala exist in authority?

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
if I am a devout Muslim who believes in ala, where should ala's authority exist in relationship to my government? If ala sits below government then I am assuming that government is superior to Ala that seems to defy my religion since, by definition, a monotheistic religion can't have a deity that is weaker than anything else. If Ala is equal to government then that also betrays my religion because a monotheistic religion can't have a deity that shares his authority.

Can Ala sit above government? That last option may appeal to some but really doesn't make any sense at all since governments often enforce things that are not found in the bible. Would the Koran become our constitution? I prefer the words of Madison who thought that authority between family, religion, and the government exist in seperate planes of reality. While each one existed they existed in seperate planes of existence so even if they wanted to compete with each other they simply couldn't.

You could argue who had more power or more influence but each one existed in seperate components of our lives. Government was for the civil part of our existence. It creates the laws that govern our society. In this plane there is no higher authority simply because anything higher would constitute a new government. The old one becomes irrelevant. Religion is for our moral and spiritual existence. Government can't compete in this plane because it doesn't exist there so all moral questions are diverted from our government and are answered in this part of our lives.

When we combine all of these into our complete character we see that these planes swirl around in a mixture like oil and water. While they exist as a mixture neither one dissolves into the other and exist separately in our own character.

The reason for this is gov'ts place themselves higher then the spiritual authority presently controled by the imposter=morning star worshipers. The UN places itself somewhat over the govt's authority also impersonating the authority of
the Imam Mahdi (Head of hosts Moshiach=Evening Star).
As long as you have no central authority for the Evening star in his holy city carrying his name, nor Mikdash (temple) carrying the name, then Al Lail (the Evening Star=Shalem) has no platform or authority over those govt's and the inadequate imposter and the emulator UN will be your only (failed) authority over your failed systems of governing.
Build the temple in the same way Cyrus helped bring it back and see for yourself the difference. It will be like Night & day.

Go read the Constitution and then read articles on separation of church and state as well as the 1st Amendment's religion clause.

He is referring to allah. Possibly he never read the quran in english.

Allah has no place in government. You are free to practice your faith in private but the law in the US will always take precedent. When Islam conflicts to civil law and the rights of the people, the people come first.

Muslims should be well aware non-muslims are not obligated to abide by sharia and that there is no compulsion to convert. Islam applies only to you, inside you, not for everyone around you.

The government refers to a general term of god, deity, but not of any particular faith or denomination. It is an ideal of a higher spirit and not the practice of a religion. Most of the founding fathers were deists and not particularly religious. Laws are based on everything from Hammurabi to Moses to Mohammed but not a faith. They are made by congress and evaluated by the supreme court for constitutionality.

Most people don't want to hear you recite you faith to them. If they ask, use your own words or direct them to the local mosque to learn more.

If you are not near a mosque and need to pray, plan ahead and carry water and a plastic bag or small bowl with you in a back pack. Most restrooms don't want you to wash your feet in the sink. You can ask for a quiet spot, but don't expect one to always be available. If you ask nicely, most people will try to accommodate you to a point. Don't expect or demand, it does not go over well, especially in a place of business.

If there is no mosque in the area you can surely go online or get prayers on your cell phone. If you can't find halal food, try kosher, same basic laws and much of the ingredient will be familiar. Check with Indian and Pakistani places as well. Some fast food places have a few items frozen in case someone asks. They might not be on the regular menu. Maybe carry your own food with you and just ask to have it heated.

Go in peace and stay at peace with all people and you should have no problem.

I don't understand. Why do devout muslims want to live in a secular nation. There are numerous Islamic nations in the middle east, why come to a secular nation?

Secular nations have a tendency not to promote a religion nor see religions are above their authority. But theocracies will promote a religion. Would not a theocracy better suit the devout?

Forum List

Back