Where do you think the WOT should be fought?

The most important reason we attacked Iraq and Afghanistan was because they supported terrorism and sponsored terroist groups. Specifically, they sponsored Al queda. Forget the freeing people or the strategic significance of a democracy in the ME, Saddam was the enemy by his relations with our Direct enemy.

The Guardian reports that Al Queda terror Camps were operating with sponsorship from Baghdad and Tehran before the US ever invaded.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,2763,779359,00.html

Tech Central Station lists the numerous connections between Al Queda and Saddam's regime.
http://www.techcentralstation.com/092503F.html

The Wall Street Journal reports on the detailed documents Saddam had kept that were seized after the fall of Baghdad. These documents alluded to a conference held in Iraqi territory that might have held a meeting for 9/11.
http://www.opinionjournal.com/editorial/feature.html?id=110005133

But not just his terrorist ties, lets take a look at those missing WMD's that you libs seem to think don't exist and never possibly existed.

Debka reports that in January of 2003, Iraq shipped its WMD's to Syria before the US invasion took place.
http://www.debka.com/article.php?aid=482

1.7 metric tons of Radioactive Material (uranium) were recovered by US forces in Iraq. This material is used in dirty bombs or could be refined to be used in nuclear weapons.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/3872201.stm
http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/07/07/iraq.nuclear/index.html
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,124924,00.html

And if that werent enough, the UN confirms that iraq's WMD's were shipped out to syria. The UN tags were still on the merchandise.
http://www.thevanguard.org/thevanguard/columns/040618.shtml?ID=13323

So im sorry, prouddem, xen and that other aging hippy liberal douche, what exactly is illegal about this war again?

Proud dem,
just a heads up and a FYI---you're getting boring.
Just because the administration didn't say "Mother may I ? " properly, we cannot start this game all over again. Try the "here and now" and if you are so determined to keep you mind closed, why are you even here and why now?

oops--I think the war should be fought someplace that the damn terroists will agree too. It's just so damn rude of them to hide and move all over the place like they do. It's just not fair to our troops.

USMCDevilDog said:
I think if we left Iraq it'd be stupid, if we were to leave it should have been a long time ago, but now that we're in there, we gotta stay, we can't just leave them.
I agree, we can't leave until they can protect themselves.

insein said:
they sponsored Al queda.

Umm, actually, the wahabists were enemies with saddam. Saddam is secular, wahabists are strict islamic koran dudes. Iran is also strict islamic, thats why we did them a favor by gettin him out.

xen said:

Umm, actually, the wahabists were enemies with saddam. Saddam is secular, wahabists are strict islamic koran dudes. Iran is also strict islamic, thats why we did them a favor by gettin him out.

The Iranians don't seem real happy about what is going to replace him. Mightly ungrateful of em I'd say.

xen said:

best would have been to establish a sunnit-secularist General in Saddams Position.
And, very important, not dissolve regular Iraqi Army.
Things would have been gone better.

But Dildosduck last post i toitally agree with.
Important is the Here and now, and to get that job done in Iraq. No matter how much time it will take. Otherwise Iraq will be more chaos than it was with Saddam.

dilloduck said:
*sarcasm* I think the war should be fought someplace that the damn terroists will agree too.*sarcasm*
The mideast is exactly where the terrorists want us to fight.

dilloduck said:
The Iranians don't seem real happy about what is going to replace him. Mightly ungrateful of em I'd say.
Actually, atleast 4 of Iraq's supreme court members will be Islamic Clerics.

canavar said:
not dissolve regular Iraqi Army.
Things would have been gone better.

Important is the Here and now, and to get that job done in Iraq. No matter how much time it will take. Otherwise Iraq will be more chaos than it was with Saddam.
Not sure if its appropriate to install a temporary leader, but not dissolving the regular iraqi army, that would have been great. I would think most iraq army members would have wanted to provide police and general security for their people, instead of us.

but refering to gitin r done in iraq NOW. There is a limit to how much patience i have when waiting for the iraqis to step up to the plate. We cant stay there forever losing limbs and american lives.
You'all may say you want to fight the terrorists where they live instead of here. But i believe anywhere in the world, there limitless enemies for us to find.

ProudDem said:
LOL

So when did Saddam Hussein attack us again? Or threaten us?

To me, the war in Iraq is not the war on terrorism, at least not by the definition Bush used after 9/11.

This war is so much more than whether Saddam/Iraq attacked us on 9/11.

We are fighting a war (jihad) declared on a way of life and it will be fought somewhere Proud.........and I, for one, am glad that it's happening over there rather than here on American soil.

Regardless of how you feel about the administration and whether our troops are fighting an illegal war, and that they should come home..........the WOT has to be fought somewhere. Our troops are over there engaging our enemies. If they come home, the enemy will follow them. Then, not only are our troops still dying, but civilians will start dying.

All I'm asking is that you come up with a better place to fight the war. Any ideas???

ProudDem said:
Here is the speech that Bush gave as to why we should invade Iraq. I don't see the reasons you list as one of them. This is from the horse's mouth.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2002/10/20021007-8.html

This thread was not started to debate whether the war is illegal, or whether Iraq invaded us........yada, yada, yada.

It's about where YOU think we should be fighting the war. Here, or there?

ProudDem said:
Well, let me break it to you--I won't change my opinion about the war in Iraq NOT being part of the war on terror. Not that I'm not interested in seeing your reasons for thinking it is--just telling you that it is unlikely that I will read something in here and change my mind.

Proud..........I'm not trying to change your mind about how you feel about the administration or the war............just wanting you to take the initiative and find a better place to fight the war.

You've repeatedly said you want our troops to come home. Did you think that would miraculously stop the jihad? Do you think we are fighting this war to conquer the Iraqi's?

Please.........explain to me what you think will happen if you could wave a magic wand today and all our troops were home..........what would the world look like then?

It's easy to sit back and say "bring our troops home", but I haven't seen your plan for what would happen after the fact.

kurtsprincess said:
This thread was not started to debate whether the war is illegal, or whether Iraq invaded us........yada, yada, yada.

this question is redundantly as you chose Iraq right in the middle of the MID-East.
It is for both sides strategically best location to fight eachother. But for American side more troops are needed.

canavar said:
Bagdad is in islamic history an important city (caliphate) and therefore in Al Qaedas plns this city has a major weight in their plans. Based on this, i say you are in the right country to fight Al Qaeda, when you question where the War on terrorism should be fought. Because Al Qaeda will try to do everything to get this city controlled.

I'm happy to see that you have thought this through from a strategic point of view canavar. Thank you for your input.

ProudDem said:
LOL

So when did Saddam Hussein attack us again? Or threaten us?

To me, the war in Iraq is not the war on terrorism, at least not by the definition Bush used after 9/11.
That isn't the thread theme. Come on, we expect better than that.

USMCDevilDog said:
I think if we left Iraq it'd be stupid, if we were to leave it should have been a long time ago, but now that we're in there, we gotta stay, we can't just leave them.

I do agree though with ProudDem about how Bush never said any of those things. Yes he says them now, but that's the thing, it seems like every time a new thing happens over there he changes his reason for being there and uses the recent incident as his new excuse just to ease the Nation into thinking that everything is ok, it really isn't. I just wish we knew the truth, because I know what they're telling us isn't the truth.

Life is a series of changes and adaptation is crucial. The reasons for going to war are very rarely the reasons we continue fighting.

Thank you for your input, however, you failed to answer the question. Where do you think the WOT should be fought?

kurtsprincess said:
Everytime our troops get attacked, America gets attacked.

xen said:
You'all may say you want to fight the terrorists where they live instead of here. But i believe anywhere in the world, there limitless enemies for us to find.

Wouldn't any of those places be better than here at home?

xen said:
Everytime our troops get attacked, America gets attacked.

You are correct.........and they are saving American civilian lives by not fighting the war here.

So....do you think we should engage the enemy on their turf, or come home and engage them here?

Forum List

Back