Where do jobs come from?

furthermore, not every corporation that gives executives equity in the company are publicly traded. So how would you "hype" the stock?

In fact, most are not.

eric said:
In fact, most are not.

in fact, you are right! lol

I own a biz and I have worked for companies where my compensation was based on the profitability of the company. If there were no profit, I made no money!

I guess he forgets about all the folks that work on base + commission or even commission only.

shadrack said:
Is it that easy to attain capital?

If you have a track record, it is not as hard as you might think. But you asked, "How might a person go about finding a new line of work?" Not, "How might a person start a new business?"

freeandfun1 said:
I guess he forgets about all the folks that work on base + commission or even commission only.
I've mostly been asking questions. I've made no claims. If you don't want to answer them. Don't.

freeandfun1 said:
If you have a track record, it is not as hard as you might think. But you asked, "How might a person go about finding a new line of work?" Not, "How might a person start a new business?"
I believe you jumped into the middle of a conversation.

The context of that conversation was "where jobs come from", business, and net profit of a business. Business is what creates jobs. The classifieds is where jobs are listed as available for hire at certain businesses. Don't you figure I know to thumb through the classifieds to find a job?

eric said:
Lets cut to the chase, what are your trying to get at ?
I'm not trying to "get" at anything. You see the name of this thread. Pretty simple stuff. I'm asking simple questions.

I'm not trying to "get" at anything. You see the name of this thread. Pretty simple stuff. I'm asking simple questions.

Exactly, very simple stuff, so why even ask if you are not trying to arrive at a point or a conclusion. Are you looking for a lesson on economics ? If so, there are many goods books at Barnes & Nobel. If we are debating where jobs come from, then you must have some pre-conceived ideas, which in that case let us know.

Well, to answer your question, jobs are created in the American capitalist society when an employer needs additional labor in order to increase his profit margin.

For example, I frequent a sole proprietorship coffee bar here (near Seattle). The owner decides that she can be profiable by operating between 5 AM and 7 PM seven days a week. However, she cannot be there the whole time, meaning she cannot attain her maximum profit level. She therefore hires an employee (actually I think she has 5-6) to work during those times.

Bottom line: jobs are made when additional labor means additional profits.

shadrack said:
Anyone who wants to start a business of any size or type.

success requires luck. But like my daddy told me a long time ago, "Luck is when hard work and opportunity come together!"

gop_jeff said:
Well, to answer your question, jobs are created in the American capitalist society when an employer needs additional labor in order to increase his profit margin.

For example, I frequent a sole proprietorship coffee bar here (near Seattle). The owner decides that she can be profiable by operating between 5 AM and 7 PM seven days a week. However, she cannot be there the whole time, meaning she cannot attain her maximum profit level. She therefore hires an employee (actually I think she has 5-6) to work during those times.

Exactly, and just before a business reaches its diminishing marginal return, they stop hiring or become unprofitable.

gop_jeff said:

excellent post, thanks

Forum List

Back