Where did we get this notion that tax revenue should be spent on... WHATEVER?

nomadic5

Platinum Member
Nov 28, 2022
I think the problem derives from (partly from)

The US having too much tax money

So they come up with all kinds of "interesting" ways to spend it. Of course, as we all know, the way in which it is mostly spent involves that nefarious thing called Politics. Politicians want to get re-elected, so they try to extract as much national revenue as possible for their own district, which usually means their rich cronies therein.

We have to get back to the Constitution

Nowhere in the Constitution does it say that the govt has an obligation to fix every Americans' problems..

not that anyone in DC cares to do that anyway. :rolleyes:

Again, most tax money ends up in the pockets of those who are already well-provided for... while law-abiding Americans, if they are downtrodden, well.. they can sleep on the sidewalk. Who cares?

I think the problem derives from (partly from)

The US having too much tax money

So they come up with all kinds of "interesting" ways to spend it. Of course, as we all know, the way in which it is mostly spent involves that nefarious thing called Politics. Politicians want to get re-elected, so they try to extract as much national revenue as possible for their own district, which usually means their rich cronies therein.

We have to get back to the Constitution

Nowhere in the Constitution does it say that the govt has an obligation to fix every Americans' problems..

not that anyone in DC cares to do that anyway. :rolleyes:

Again, most tax money ends up in the pockets of those who are already well-provided for... while law-abiding Americans, if they are downtrodden, well.. they can sleep on the sidewalk. Who cares?
The declaration of independence was very clear that we have "unalienable rights" and among these are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness. I never asked for the government to give me anything. I enjoy the pursuit of my own happiness--without government intervention. I think Reagan said it well, "A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have." 10 Oct 84

The declaration of independence was very clear that we have "unalienable rights" and among these are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness. I never asked for the government to give me anything. I enjoy the pursuit of my own happiness--without government intervention. I think Reagan said it well, "A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have." 10 Oct 84

That is true. Howeever, there are people who do not know how to best care for themselves. There are people called mentally ill (hate that freaking term!) who are... well, that's a big topic, but I've known people who were just obviously mentally "out there" (saying gibberish no normal person could begin to comprehend), and they live on the streets!

How compassionate is that?

We have to take care of "the least of His people" (as Christ called anyone who believes in Him, no matter how imperfectly)

It is SO unjust that people who work in DC get a fat pay check from taxpayers (welfare, in other words) while those who have done no harm to anyone but have been abused by parents and/or whomever (abuse causes much mental illness, so called) can just die already. And a lot of people in DC are indeed calling for them to die.. encouraging them to off themselves (dr-assisted suicide).. SICK

That is true. Howeever, there are people who do not know how to best care for themselves. There are people called mentally ill (hate that freaking term!) who are... well, that's a big topic, but I've known people who were just obviously mentally "out there" (saying gibberish no normal person could begin to comprehend), and they live on the streets!

How compassionate is that?

We have to take care of "the least of His people" (as Christ called anyone who believes in Him, no matter how imperfectly)

It is SO unjust that people who work in DC get a fat pay check from taxpayers (welfare, in other words) while those who have done no harm to anyone but have been abused by parents and/or whomever (abuse causes much mental illness, so called) can just die already. And a lot of people in DC are indeed calling for them to die.. encouraging them to off themselves (dr-assisted suicide).. SICK
The vast majority of the parasites who are sucking on the gov't tit are NOT mentally ill. I've no problem with institutionalizing those people and taking care of them. Feeding kids that belong to people who are hauling down six figure salaries are not, as you say, the least of us.

The vast majority of the parasites who are sucking on the gov't tit are NOT mentally ill. I've no problem with institutionalizing those people and taking care of them. Feeding kids that belong to people who are hauling down six figure salaries are not, as you say, the least of us.
I don't get that last sentence

??

I don't get that last sentence

??
Research Spokane public schools issue EBT cards during summer to ALL students. They are spending excess covid funds to provide EBT cards to EVERY student regardless of family income so that they will continue to receive free breakfast and lunch through the summer. These types of programs are being used across the country. Related--How about return excess covid funds to the general fund to reduce the deficit?

Forum List

Back