When themarkets tank on Monday

Considering the real situation if it falls to 8 it will bwe a success to a degree. I expect around 8 is the best we can do for the next decade or so.
I had figured this before Obama took office.

I'm thinking 7, but it's gonna take some magic. And I do agree with your ten year prediction. Until we get our younger generation actually working their way up, nothing is going to change, and right now, just getting them working is not an easy task with the lack of entry level jobs.

Yep I expect the working class to experience a functional recession for at least the next decade and tha twill be longer if we do not start doing some things right for the future.
the now is screwed we need to accept that and plan for the future.

WHo in the hell would invest in F&F?? They should have been in default status 15 years ago.

Wait until whole cities and towns get downgraded.

That could prove to be a much bigger problem over the next few years. Of course, many of these shortfalls could be dealt with if people would be willing to pay a bit more in taxes, and if all these city and state governments put a freeze on hiring and pay increases, while making some small cuts. This is pretty much the same case with the federal government. Tax increases would work, but not if they continue to increase spending. At some point, we're all going to have to bite the bullet though, and it is going to involve making cuts in spending while increasing taxes.

Alot of local govt's have already put a freeze on hiring and and pay increases since 2008!

Its going to be BRUTAL om Monday. andthe entire week

The markets are in a panicky mode.

S&P downgrades the credit rating on American debt. The market response?

A flight to safety in the market - with people flocking to buy the safest asset they can find. Namely, US government debt.

Actually they are flocking to buy gold, at the highest prices ever. Yes, people are switching from other assets to us gov't debt becaue it is still safer than a lot of other stuff.
So much for risk taking and hjob creation. That's out the door. Everyone now is in hunker down mode.
Thank you Obama and the Democrats. Your fine leadership has brought us to this point.

S&P downgrades the credit rating on American debt. The market response?

A flight to safety in the market - with people flocking to buy the safest asset they can find. Namely, US government debt.

Actually they are flocking to buy gold, at the highest prices ever. Yes, people are switching from other assets to us gov't debt becaue it is still safer than a lot of other stuff..

Flocking to both. Treasuries - the security of which was questioned and downgraded by S&P - are at record high.

I wonder if folks at S&P are buying or selling US treasuries.

Last edited:
Monday is going to be brutal.

US ia a third world banana republic.

Worst president ever- a total rank amatuer.

I didnt lke eitherof theBushes or Clint - mediocre IMO .

Thought Reagan was good but overrrated.

Why dont we cut to the chase and call it the 2nd GREAT DEPRESSION?

OK, so far we are down 315 on the dow for the day, and everything but gold is down for the day, including the 10 year bond.

Usually presidents dont make grand pronouncements on the market during trading hours. Lets see what the markets make of this speech when he finally makes it.

Some really bad news that is causing the dollar to rise is that the European Central bank caved and is buying Spanish and Italian debt.

Just to put this in perspective, this isn't just our problem right now. All the world's exchanges are tanking.
tehONe.png

Great leaders are born, not made in harvard or yale, so you are correct.

The smartest people i have ever met could not use a doorknob properly.

Maybe thats why his speech is delayed, a door is in the way.

:lol:

Forum List

Back