When themarkets tank on Monday

ginscpy

Sep 10, 2010
Thank th Annionted One

Its goingto be brutal..........................

Its actually looks like the news was already mostly factored in already

Probaby be a 500 pT SELOFFF on the Dow.

Happy 50th birthday - worst president evefr.................................................

It won't last long.
I would be surprised if the markets close below -100. I would expect this week to be overall a positive gain.
Their are a lot more bulls in Wall Street than bears...they will come in full force soon - afterall there are a lot of solid companies down 20% over the past several weeks.

Considering the real situation if it falls to 8 it will bwe a success to a degree. I expect around 8 is the best we can do for the next decade or so.
I had figured this before Obama took office.

No one factored in the S&P furthur downgrading Fannie and Freddie which just happened. Don't you grasp the term 'volatility'?

WHo in the hell would invest in F&F?? They should have been in default status 15 years ago.

Wait until whole cities and towns get downgraded.

That could prove to be a much bigger problem over the next few years. Of course, many of these shortfalls could be dealt with if people would be willing to pay a bit more in taxes, and if all these city and state governments put a freeze on hiring and pay increases, while making some small cuts. This is pretty much the same case with the federal government. Tax increases would work, but not if they continue to increase spending. At some point, we're all going to have to bite the bullet though, and it is going to involve making cuts in spending while increasing taxes.

S&P downgrades the credit rating on American debt. The market response?

A flight to safety in the market - with people flocking to buy the safest asset they can find. Namely, US government debt.

Forum List

Back