When the Juden spoke Yiddish

Sunni Man

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2008
Patriotic American Muslim
A good documentary about when eastern european Juden from different countries shared a land reserved for them and spoke a common language known as Yiddish.

A language that since the end of WWll has almost disappeared.
...... :cool:

Last edited:
If Askenazis (european Jews) were really a semitic population exiled in Western/Eastern Europe for 2000 years they would have preserved/developed a language derived from Aramaic, the language spoken in Palestine at the time of the so-called "exile".

The fact that their distinct, unique language is a mixture of Germanic and Slavic languages is another evidence that we are dealing with a population of converts.

The mameloshen (mother tongue) known as Yiddish still has a following among the Haredim and a few small pockets of speakers in various locations around the world. ..... :cool:

If Askenazis (european Jews) were really a semitic population exiled in Western/Eastern Europe for 2000 years they would have preserved/developed a language derived from Aramaic, the language spoken in Palestine at the time of the so-called "exile".

The fact that their distinct, unique language is a mixture of Germanic and Slavic languages is another evidence that we are dealing with a population of converts.

Jose's post and the schmuck who "agrees" with it ILLUSTRATE the depraved shit which are islamo Nazis.
They know nothing about the language Yiddish---so they INVENT islamo Nazi bullcrap to FIT THE IDIOCY of their own depraved minds. IN FACT------Yiddish is an interesting language----the VULGAR components are
mostly German and common local slavic language-----but the CONCEPTs are expressed in Hebrew and the language is written out in Hebrew script. I studied some Hebrew as an adolescent----and german in college (requirement for "science majors")-------for that reason I can kinda make out Yiddish. It is true that really vulgar words are generally Slavic----just as the Jews of arab countries use the filth of Arabic to express disgusting things---and Hebrew ----the sublime and poetic. All use Hebrew script----just as did the Aramaic speakers 2000 years ago. eat it, jerks-------thanks for the laugh. KHARAH is not a Hebrew term nor is SHARMOOTAH
'KURVE' is as SLAVIC as SHARMOOTAH is Arabic.

Um..........my people spoke Italian. Ya, Jewish population in Italy only a couple thousand years.

What basically killed Yiddish was the founding of the state of Israel in 1948.

Yiddish was seen by the Israeli jews as representing the old jewish people.

And speaking Hebrew was about the new Jewish man building a new jewish state.

In fact, the Israeli government encouraged its citizens to discard Yiddish and to only speak Hebrew. ..... :cool:

Last edited:
Yiddish is one of the most enjoyable languages ever spoken. It has ways of saying things that leave no doubt of a tragic happening but in a manner that shrugs them off. Yes, I once was semi-fluent in Yiddish, having worked part time as the "Shabbat goy*" for an orthodox family that ran a one-stop. The language persists in small pockets, commonly as a sort of "in thing" in small - largely family run - businesses.

So what gibts mit a "One-stop"?

A shop that deals in music. Musical instruments. Sheet music. Vinyl LPs. All genres including pop, semi-classical, classical, even spoken word. Later, CDs and cassette tapes. Very feww One-stops left anymore.

*A Shabbos goy, Shabbat goy or Shabbes goy (Yiddish: שבת גוי, Modern Hebrew: גוי של שבת goy shel shabat) is a non-Jew who performs certain types of work (melakha) which Jewish religious law (halakha) prohibits the Jew from doing on the Sabbath.

OK, so now just for fun, who among us can tell us the difference between "gift" and "sending" as used in Yiddish conversation?

Who dares try to post the tragicomic story of "Little Red Riding Finkelstein"?

Last edited:
Yiddish is one of the most enjoyable languages ever spoken. It has ways of saying things that leave no doubt of a tragic happening but in a manner that shrugs them off. Yes, I once was semi-fluent in Yiddish, having worked part time as the "Shabbat goy*" for an orthodox family that ran a one-stop. The language persists in small pockets, commonly as a sort of "in thing" in small - largely family run - businesses.

So what gibts mit a "One-stop"?

A shop that deals in music. Musical instruments. Sheet music. Vinyl LPs. All genres including pop, semi-classical, classical, even spoken word. Later, CDs and cassette tapes. Very feww One-stops left anymore.

*A Shabbos goy, Shabbat goy or Shabbes goy (Yiddish: שבת גוי, Modern Hebrew: גוי של שבת goy shel shabat) is a non-Jew who performs certain types of work (melakha) which Jewish religious law (halakha) prohibits the Jew from doing on the Sabbath.

OK, so now just for fun, who among us can tell us the difference between "gift" and "sending" as used in Yiddish conversation?

the o/p iz a bisl mshuge

What basically killed Yiddish was the founding of the state of Israel in 1948.

Yiddish was seen by the Israeli jews as representing the old jewish people.

And speaking Hebrew was about the new Jewish man building a new jewish state.

In fact, the Israeli government encouraged its citizens to discard Yiddish and to only speak Hebrew. ..... :cool:

more laughs from the mosque

jillian, I don't understand your animosity towards me? .... :dunno:

I thought I was doing a mitzvah by posting a great informative video about the history of the Yiddish language in eastern Europe before WWll ..... :cool:

Um..........my people spoke Italian. Ya, Jewish population in Italy only a couple thousand years.

naples?

Rome. I still have family there and in the Abruzzi region.

there is a restaurant called Lattanzi in NYC owned by Roman Jews. When my parents met the owner at his restaurant in Rome, my dad asked him to make a "traditional Roman meal". He made him pasta with lox and oil and garlic. my dad said, "lox"????". and the owner said "who do you think the slaves were who cooked for the Romans"?

Forum List

Back