When the 2nd Amendment was written....

There are no courts or judges in Article 1. Administrative hearings enforce Gov't fiats, be it executive or legislative.

Due process is rendered in Article 3 courts. The executive and legislative branches don't give a flying fuck about the Constitution.

You don't know what due process means.

When the First Amendment was written there was no radio, television, or internet…

This is a failed and ignorant ‘argument.’
So be it, but you are socially educated, i.e. the socially educated do not have the required faculties needed to recognize its "ignorance and failure" when applied to the 2nd amendment...
...so as I made clear in my prior post [clear to everyone with an academic education] that using the OP guidelines the same "failed ignorance" could just as easily be applied to the first amendment.

Geez-o-peets...this was an easy one and still required baby steps.

I still hunt deer and wild hog on some weekends.
Me too, and for that purpose, more or less every country offers a hunting license and thus the license to posses e.g. a hunting-rifle. Upon passing a rigorous hunting license test. - non existent in the USA.
One doesn't need to "envision" the initial Militia purpose, onto a general right for every nut, to carry/posses arms. Just my 2 cents.
And yes, you can call "...the police, sheriff, the NG or the US Armed Forces, or e.g. a Park-ranger". You just have to surrender everything until they get there. Hopefully that won't include your life.
And yet all these 400million? firearms do not help to prevent such scenarios in the USA. They rather provide the cause for such incidents.
The only time I had to "demonstrate" my weapon, was to shove off some gun carrying nut, from my property.

Individual gun rights were not discussed when the 2nd Amendment was being drafted or debated. That's what's important. It's an amendment that guarantees that people have the protection of a state militia. That's it. Obviously, you need guns to that end, but with regard to the 2nd Amendment, keeping and bearing arms was in the context of militia service .

Wrong. It's why the amendment is in two parts. The right to the militia belongs to the States. The right to arms belongs to the people.

Wrong. It's why the amendment is in two parts. The right to the militia belongs to the States. The right to arms belongs to the people.
the only reason a militia is mentioned is to tell us what we need,, the secure state comment is why we need it,, and the right of the people is how we get it,,

...... the guns at the time were -

Using this retarded argument the first amendment doesn't cover the internet, cellphones, radio, TV, or ball point pens none of them where around when the Constitution was ratified.

Liar

I don't have a problem guns, but they should be well-regulated.
Yes, you want guns limited to the rich, the well-connected, police, and criminals.
[/QUOTE]
well regulated at the time meant properly armed, trained and supplied,,

that would mean its the governments job to make sure the people are well armed and trained with any weapon that may be used against them,,

regulated sure the fuck didnt mean to restrict what the people could possess,,

Each "right" was debated on its own. What about the 10th Amendment - is that an individual right?

The Tenth Amendment lists three entities which have rights or powers—the federal government, the states and the people.

Now, going back to the Second Amendment, which of these three entities is affirmed as having the right that is mentioned therein?

Liar

I don't have a problem guns, but they should be well-regulated.
Yes, you want guns limited to the rich, the well-connected, police, and criminals.
[/QUOTE]

No, I want states to have the power they were meant to have, which is to regulate guns so that sexually frustrated white males in need of some zoloft can't just grab whatever semi-automatic rifle is laying around the house and go shoot up a mall or a school.

No, I want states to have the power they were meant to have, which is to regulate guns so that sexually frustrated white males in need of some zoloft can't just grab whatever semi-automatic rifle is laying around the house and go shoot up a mall or a school.
[/QUOTE]
and yet over half of all murders are by black men not white men. and the last few mass shootings have been by transgendered people.

and yet over half of all murders are by black men not white men. and the last few mass shootings have been by transgendered people.
[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't mind fewer of their murders, either.

Forum List

Back