When is someone a minority to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortimer

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2010
Kings of Con
I would say if he has minority ancestry, even if only partial and usually it is a little visible on him/her or if it is not visible a parent is a minority or a grandparent and it is visible. Do you agree? I ask because Peace insists im Serbian, but in Europe interracial marriage between Roma and Non-Roma is taboo and not accepeted, and mixed people are placed as roma, if they do not want to be roma, they face a struggle for acceptance they can not win, they can be offended but someone will always remind they are roma from time to time, like your mum is a roma whore, or your the son of a gypsy.

I dont know if that is the case in the United States, but in Serbia I would not be a Serbian, Serbia understands itself as multiethnic country, and not everyone is Serbian born in Serbia, like not everyone is Appalachian born in the USA, but some are black or mexican.

Why is this an issue?
Because some people are too small-minded and limited, to get past judging race itself is primary consideration across the board, dealing with everyone they meet based on race instead of seeing the individual and individual characteristics. It is a lazy habit, in my opinion, for saving time, as generalization often are. Also, there is a certain xenophobic fear, their way of life is under attack. You meet all kinds and it takes all kind, though some in minority cultures and a minority of the majority culture, to this day, act horribly and are held, as model of everybody of a given race in general to other cultures.

Because some people are too small-minded and limited, to get past judging race itself is primary consideration across the board, dealing with everyone they meet based on race instead of seeing the individual and individual characteristics. It is a lazy habit, in my opinion, for saving time, as generalization often are. Also, there is a certain xenophobic fear, their way of life is under attack. You meet all kinds and it takes all kind, though some in minority cultures and a minority of the majority culture, to this day, act horribly and are held, as model of everybody of a given race in general to other cultures.
Yes, and then there is the Democrats.

I don't consider anyone a minority since that is political/media insulting propaganda that I will have no part of.

Like you say it it is not the case at all or true for me. Im concerned only about my own race and my own people and how i am and my family are perceived and i have the experience for it, i do not care what race someone else is, and do not judge someone else for his race instead of his individual characteristics big difference.

I don't consider anyone a minority since that is political/media insulting propaganda that I will have no part of.

so we cannot agree on terms used though, i see if we do not agree just on words used even, then we cannot discuss further. i think i use common terminology, or words which are commonly used. Maybe I should have said POC? Use the word of your choice.

• Funny
Reactions: cnm
Excuse me. Democracy means the voice of the majority American populace, not a vocal minority cobbled together funded by a tiny tinsy wealthy foreign oligarchy. That what the Democrats have become. Democrats? They make a mockery of the name.

• Funny
Reactions: cnm
Excuse me. Democracy means the voice of MOST American populace, not a vocal minority funded by a tiny tinsy wealthy foreign oligarchy.

This has nothing to do with my thread at all. I asked when you consider someone or a person to be a minority, and i outlined my own definition. Do you consider people who are 30% black to be black? Like Mariah Carrey for example? I think that common would be to do so. Works the same with Latinos. Nick Fuentes is called a white supremacist Latino eventhough he is only a quarter latino.

I give, when is someone "a minority"?
It can be a math thing, or a power thing or a personal perception thing. Sometime tomorrow, you, I, everybody, regardless of race, creed, or color will be in a minority of some sort. It is how we handle it or fail to handle it, that is important.

Why is this an issue?

Because some just don't like white people marrying in their own cultures and ethnicity while they're promoting their own ethnic groups as 'better', is all. They don't like being outnumbered and think their preferences should be forced on the majority. They feel deep down that they are indeed inferior.

so we cannot agree on terms used though, i see if we do not agree just on words used even, then we cannot discuss further. i think i use common terminology, or words which are commonly used. Maybe I should have said POC? Use the word of your choice.

It doesn't matter since I don't dwell on labeling people minority, POC, Black, White, Brown or what ever all I see are HUMAN beings that I could avoid, talk to or just ignore.

It is why people from all over never worry about me when they meet and know me for a while as I tend to be phlegmatic even confide in me some of their deepest feelings and thoughts which I always keep to myself.

Because some just don't like white people marrying in their own cultures and ethnicity while they're promoting their own ethnic groups as 'better', is all. They don't like being outnumbered and think their preferences should be forced on the majority. They feel deep down that they are indeed inferior.

That is not my experience though. But it does exist I guess as well, it is not my experience.

That can indeed be a perception. Perceptions can be and are part of the problem. These are sometimes like stored pat answers. Sometimes, they need personally taken out of our store rooms and looked at, to see if they are just cluttering the shelves or actually serving long term benefit to us and society as a whole.

Do you consider people who are 30% black to be black? Like Mariah Carrey for example? I think that common would be to do so. Works the same with Latinos. Nick Fuentes is called a white supremacist Latino eventhough he is only a quarter latino.

I let people be whatever they want to be. I grew up in El Paso and we moved to East Texas for a while. I have no fear of people who are brown and black and in public treat them no differently than I treat everyone else as far as manners and discourse go. If they choose to be all in my face n shit racists themselves I'm happy to indulge them and give shit right back to them as well. I'm not all that interested in snivleing from 'minorities', since we have an international airport within 100 miles and two or three seaports as well, so anyone unhappy with the U.S. can fly or float their asses out of here any time they feel like all oppressed n stuff..

Start a GoFundMe page if you can't afford plane tickets; there are probably a lot of Americans who will help you get the fuck out and back to Africa or elsewhere.

I let people be whatever they want to be. I grew up in El Paso and we moved to East Texas for a while. I have no fear of people who are brown and black and in public treat them no differently than I treat everyone else as far as manners and discourse go. If they choose to be all in my face n shit racists themselves I'm happy to indulge them and give shit right back to them as well. I'm not all that interested in snivleing from 'minorities', since we have an international airport within 100 miles and two or three seaports as well, so anyone unhappy with the U.S. can fly or float their asses out of here any time they feel like all oppressed n stuff..

Start a GoFundMe page if you can't afford plane tickets; there are probably a lot of Americans who will help you get the fuck out and back to Africa or elsewhere.
Why did I gave you the impression that Im in your face and racist? I dont understand why you are so defensive, I never said it is wrong to be white.

Your very first sentence. "I let people be what they want to be". Is the answer to my thread question. Everything else has nothing to do with the thread. Now everyone could just answer that question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back