When Idealism and Pragmatism Unite

What's Your Political Leaning?

• Total voters

Operative13

Rookie
Aug 24, 2018
Greetings everyone. I am Operative13, your new anonymous member on this forum, or Op as some people like to call me. As my terribly-creative introduction title suggests, I view politics as a means to bring idealism into practical use, although it would appear that somewhere down the road, society had seemed to forgo the latter part and emphasize the former.

Personally I don't subscribe to any form of ideology. I find nailing oneself to any kind of political platform without the ability to consider alternatives absurd. Opinions change. They never stay concrete, especially when one makes exceptions to the "rule" every so often. What I'm more interested in are facts, more specifically the results that policies make. Results are what matters in the end. Which policies make the better results, I do not know for certain, but then again none of us really know what's best until it's out there. If one saves a million over a thousand, I'd gladly go for the million. If one brings happiness to the many compared to the few, I'd proudly support it. I'm open to quite a lot of things, really.

To anyone who shares the same open-mindedness as I do about the world and its problems, be welcome to discuss with me whatever topic you have in mind. I'm hoping to form a little party myself about the many issues we face in today's society.

I'll see you all in the forums.
- Op

Hello. It looks as if we may share some ideas. Eclecticism is usually the term I employ regarding the socio-political approach we need. "-isms" have little charm for me otherwise.
Good luck with the "wingers" here.

It's good to see a like-minded individual around already. It can be quite trifling to discuss with "wingers" in my previous experiences. It seems to be "all-take-and-no-give" when it comes to debate. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. My grievances have more to do with their attitudes than their actual policies, but I'm curious to see if that still holds true here (to a tolerable extent)

Welcome, an interesting sign on, operative and yet unlucky thirteen. This is a good discussion site, balanced, diverse, and not too controlling. I did not check any box as I feel they are just labels. I am liberal and conservative depending on where you look.

"...Ideology makes men fight for their servitude as stubbornly as though it were their salvation." Deleuze / Guattari

Hi, 320.
Have a donut.
upload_2018-8-24_6-42-22.png

Greetings everyone. I am Operative13, your new anonymous member on this forum, or Op as some people like to call me. As my terribly-creative introduction title suggests, I view politics as a means to bring idealism into practical use, although it would appear that somewhere down the road, society had seemed to forgo the latter part and emphasize the former.

Personally I don't subscribe to any form of ideology. I find nailing oneself to any kind of political platform without the ability to consider alternatives absurd. Opinions change. They never stay concrete, especially when one makes exceptions to the "rule" every so often. What I'm more interested in are facts, more specifically the results that policies make. Results are what matters in the end. Which policies make the better results, I do not know for certain, but then again none of us really know what's best until it's out there. If one saves a million over a thousand, I'd gladly go for the million. If one brings happiness to the many compared to the few, I'd proudly support it. I'm open to quite a lot of things, really.

To anyone who shares the same open-mindedness as I do about the world and its problems, be welcome to discuss with me whatever topic you have in mind. I'm hoping to form a little party myself about the many issues we face in today's society.
At least you don't have a grandiose opinion of yourself. .... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

At least you don't have a grandious opinion of yourself. .... :rolleyes:

sunni, habibi- I am not sure that the word "grandious" exists---in the lexicon. But in context--
I believe that you want the word "grandiose".
----HOWEVER -----spelling does not count

sunni, habibi- I am not sure that the word "grandious" exists---in the lexicon. But in context--I believe that you want the word "grandiose".
----HOWEVER -----spelling does not count
This is what happens when I violate my personal rule of not posting until having my morning cup of coffee. ..... :cool:

- Op

be careful of the donuts. The one she gave me tasted like mushrooms

- Op

then what did you see?

- Op

then what did you see?
One 'shroom makes you larger,
And one 'shroom makes you small,
And the ones that OL gives you
Don't do anything at all

- Op

You don’t have to subscribe to a specific ideology to have beliefs and values reflective of a certain place on the spectrum. That said, I applaud open-mindedness as it seems to be severely lacking in present-day America. I think the wingers are willfully ignorant and have beliefs that make little sense.

- Op

then what did you see?
Don't do anything at all
Is this about...drugs?...

Welcome. I don't care what you believe or don't believe, I just hope you write your own stuff. We've had new members introduce themselves as the next Voltaire and they end up being serial re-posters.

Welcome. I don't care what you believe or don't believe, I just hope you write your own stuff. We've had new members introduce themselves as the next Voltaire and they end up being serial re-posters.
That makes me relieved that I introduced myself as the next Faulkner.

- Op

then what did you see?
Don't do anything at all
Is this about...drugs?...
Yes, but you have to pick your own.

- Op

then what did you see?
Don't do anything at all

Bummer now I'm like all sad.

That makes me relieved that I introduced myself as the next Faulkner.

Close call for me too. I almost claimed to be the great Kilgore. It's true, I am a simple admirer.
The great Kilgore might have said something like, "Of course it happened," Trout told her. "If I wrote something that hadn't really happened, and I tried to sell it, I could go to jail. That's fraud."

Forum List

Back