When high schoolers "get it" and grown people don't

usmbguest5318

Gold Member
Jan 1, 2017
D.C.

How is it that these two M. Stoneman Douglas survivors "get it," yet repeatedly, grown men and women whom we've entrusted to lead the country don't?

When I was 18, I knew everything there was to know about everything. If people had only listened to me, the world would have become a utopia.

Now, I'm not so sure.

When I was 18, I knew everything there was to know about everything. If people had only listened to me, the world would have become a utopia.

Now, I'm not so sure.

It's amazing how stupid and clueless the world is when you're a teenager. As you age, everyone suddenly gets smarter.

Now, I'm not so sure.

It's amazing how stupid and clueless the world is when you're a teenager. As you age, everyone suddenly gets smarter.
OP must fit right in with that.

We've heard this for a week. What do they get?

They got 7 minutes and 17 seconds to push for firearms confiscation. Did you hear the first words out of the one girl's mouth? "Gun legislation, something small to start with.."

That's like saying to a woman on a first date "Let me just stick it in your mouth. I promise I won't cum..."

Not only that, they got to push for firearms confiscation on Comedy Central.

Comedy Central. :laughing0301:

What is the "it" that these young geniuses "get" while us old dumb asses don't? That the NRA is the cause of all of our gun violence problems and the only way to stop school shootings is to ban assault weapons? Is that the "it" you are referring to?

The Ar-15 is called the most popular sporting arm in the United states. So what happens when they ban the most popular thing? Then people start using the next most popular thing, and then the traitor scum try to ban that. Nope, no guns are going anywhere.

Now, I'm not so sure.

Obama is not 18 yet he knows everything as well.

I know he looks and acts like he is 18 though.

Now, I'm not so sure.

Yeah me too...then I met the real world head on.

From today's paper:

"Researchers at Northeastern University say mass school shootings are extremely rare, that shootings involving students have been declining since the 1990s, and four times as many children were killed in schools in the early 1990s than today."

Schools safer today than in 1990s, study on shootings says

I graduated in 1990. There were about a tenth of the semiautomatics that there are today. Police issue was a 38 revolver. The Army had just recently began the transition to the Beretta M92 9mm. Conceal carry was almost unheard of. The AR15 was a tiny niche market.

But it was more dangerous in schools then than it is today.

So what exactly do they understand?

Well, some of these kids today remind me of this dude, he went by the name Anthony Fremont...
twilightzone.gif

How is it that these two M. Stoneman Douglas survivors "get it," yet repeatedly, grown men and women whom we've entrusted to lead the country don't?

“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed, citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.”
- Margaret Mead -

“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed, citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.”
- Margaret Mead -

They are children..children stay committed for oh...about 2 weeks tops...or until something else diverts attention

So are you a high schooler or an adult?

- Margaret Mead -

Don't get me wrong, I want to hear from the youth, but they have to come from a specific foundation. One based on the U.S Constitution and capitalism. They aren't mentally, emotionally, physically or experienced enough in life, except for those rare few who were dealt some tough cards and had to grow up quick; to give lectures.

At a funeral I went to a couple of years ago my aunt brought in some photos of me when I was 20 years old, I was 40 at the time or so and I didn't even recognize the person in the photo, it was me! Think about that.

Bottom line we grow, adapt, change, learn and obviously we age. I see someone today who is 20 and I think they are 15. It's just the way it is in life, the same lectures we were given as youth we give to our kids and younger generation. They will look back at themselves in 20 years and be the first to admit, "I can't believe that was me". Even if they haven't altered their views much.

It shows the level of intelligence of the media and dems in general when the listen to children and think they are smart...

This is a good example of why liberal parents should never raise children...they think the kids know more than they do...

Forum List

Back