When high schoolers "get it" and grown people don't

6C29C19D-FEA4-4B60-9FB7-816051C81922.jpeg

How is it that these two M. Stoneman Douglas survivors "get it," yet repeatedly, grown men and women whom we've entrusted to lead the country don't?

“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed, citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.”
- Margaret Mead -

They are children..children stay committed for oh...about 2 weeks tops...or until something else diverts attention

Isn't two weeks about how long the "we're gonna outlaw bumpstocks" thing lasted among the GOP after Las Vegas?

An teenager's brain is not fully developed yet.
Soooooo it makes sense that the left wingers would take their advice.

How is it that these two M. Stoneman Douglas survivors "get it," yet repeatedly, grown men and women whom we've entrusted to lead the country don't?

“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed, citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.”
- Margaret Mead -

They are children..children stay committed for oh...about 2 weeks tops...or until something else diverts attention

Isn't two weeks about how long the "we're gonna outlaw bumpstocks" thing lasted among the GOP after Las Vegas?

What makes you think that is not going to happen?

Has there been another shooting where they were used?

- Margaret Mead -

Don't get me wrong, I want to hear from the youth, but they have to come from a specific foundation. One based on the U.S Constitution and capitalism. They aren't mentally, emotionally, physically or experienced enough in life, except for those rare few who were dealt some tough cards and had to grow up quick; to give lectures.

At a funeral I went to a couple of years ago my aunt brought in some photos of me when I was 20 years old, I was 40 at the time or so and I didn't even recognize the person in the photo, it was me! Think about that.

Bottom line we grow, adapt, change, learn and obviously we age. I see someone today who is 20 and I think they are 15. It's just the way it is in life, the same lectures we were given as youth we give to our kids and younger generation. They will look back at themselves in 20 years and be the first to admit, "I can't believe that was me". Even if they haven't altered their views much.

They aren't mentally, emotionally, physically or experienced enough in life, except for those rare few who were dealt some tough cards and had to grow up quick
Those kids were dealt this hand of cards: Parkland high school shooting. (Click on the preceding link. Watch the whole video.) Is that tough enough for you? Is that enough mental, emotional, and physical experience? You think that'll grow someone up quick?

Tell me it's not! Straight up, tell me it won't! Tell me! I'm waiting to see you say so, plain and clear. No rhetorical bobbin' and weaving. Those kids and their dead classmates and teachers couldn't bob and weave their way form the rain of bullets, so you don't get to sit your sorry Canadian ass there in front of a computer screen and play word games on this one. Either you tell me it is or you tell me it is not!

Do you think those two girls in the video in the OP aren't among the "rare few?" Tell me they ain't.

That was a mental, emotional, and physical experience ain't no child supposed to have. Ain't nobody supposed to have, and yet those children will forever have it. Don't sit there trying to imply that "they're just kids." The were just kids; they ain't kids no more!

And another thing. You need to keep your Canadian mouth out of this issue. Canada has its Bill C-150Bill C-150 - Gunsopedia from the 1960s. Canada has C-17 and C51. And Canada doesn't have a 2nd Amendment or the abundance the U.S. does of semi-automatic gun toting would-be vigilantes, and it has generally more well behaved people. So you don't have to worry that your child, your sibling, your parent, or your friends might get shot by some jerk who got a gun and pissed off about "whatever" and just started shooting.

firearm-suicides-per-100k.jpg

age-standardized-homicide-rate-per-100k.jpg

us-vs-canada-death-rates1.png
So when the U.S. gun homicide rate matches that of Canada, maybe then I'll give a shit about what your little Canadian ass has to say. Between then and now, if you don't have very specific solution ideas you care to put forth -- That's right! I'm not interested in your little "Maple Leaf" generalizations! -- get the fuck up outta my face with your talk about what American kids are going to do, say or feel 20 years from now, or what kind of foundation they needed to have last night, last week, last month or last century.

- Margaret Mead -

Don't get me wrong, I want to hear from the youth, but they have to come from a specific foundation. One based on the U.S Constitution and capitalism. They aren't mentally, emotionally, physically or experienced enough in life, except for those rare few who were dealt some tough cards and had to grow up quick; to give lectures.

At a funeral I went to a couple of years ago my aunt brought in some photos of me when I was 20 years old, I was 40 at the time or so and I didn't even recognize the person in the photo, it was me! Think about that.

Bottom line we grow, adapt, change, learn and obviously we age. I see someone today who is 20 and I think they are 15. It's just the way it is in life, the same lectures we were given as youth we give to our kids and younger generation. They will look back at themselves in 20 years and be the first to admit, "I can't believe that was me". Even if they haven't altered their views much.

They aren't mentally, emotionally, physically or experienced enough in life, except for those rare few who were dealt some tough cards and had to grow up quick
Those kids were dealt this hand of cards: Parkland high school shooting. (Click on the preceding link. Watch the whole video.) Is that tough enough for you? Is that enough mental, emotional, and physical experience? You think that'll grow someone up quick?

Tell me it's not! Straight up, tell me it won't! Tell me! I'm waiting to see you say so, plain and clear. No rhetorical bobbin' and weaving. Those kids and their dead classmates and teachers couldn't bob and weave their way form the rain of bullets, so you don't get to sit your sorry Canadian ass there in front of a computer screen and play word games on this one. Either you tell me it is or you tell me it is not!

Do you think those two girls in the video in the OP aren't among the "rare few?" Tell me they ain't.

That was a mental, emotional, and physical experience ain't no child supposed to have. Ain't nobody supposed to have, and yet those children will forever have it. Don't sit there trying to imply that "they're just kids." The were just kids; they ain't kids no more!

And another thing. You need to keep your Canadian mouth out of this issue. Canada has its Bill C-150Bill C-150 - Gunsopedia from the 1960s. Canada has C-17 and C51. And Canada doesn't have a 2nd Amendment or the abundance the U.S. does of semi-automatic gun toting would-be vigilantes, and it has generally more well behaved people. So you don't have to worry that your child, your sibling, your parent, or your friends might get shot by some jerk who got a gun and pissed off about "whatever" and just started shooting.

So when the U.S. gun homicide rate matches that of Canada, maybe then I'll give a shit about what your little Canadian ass has to say. Between then and now, if you don't have very specific solution ideas you care to put forth -- That's right! I'm not interested in your little "Maple Leaf" generalizations! -- get the fuck up outta my face with your talk about what American kids are going to do, say or feel 20 years from now, or what kind of foundation they needed to have last night, last week, last month or last century.

You're cute when you get angry, thank you for that, I read it all.

Now, I appreciate the lecture, and I know they have experienced something I haven't, it is an event, not an every day occurrence. Furthermore, you cannot make policy on anomalies. This was fully preventable, in fact it should have been prevented without question. As it were, stronger psychological prevention and age raised to 21 should help. I posted before this decision that 21 should be across the board: drinking, voting, driving, the works.

300M guns in America. It's in your constitution, it's not going to end. The UK has higher levels of many crimes, the only one they really trail in is gun murders.

As it were, I grew up fast in some respect, but like all youth I was still a kid. That's life. I lived through it and I'm here. Those kids survived, and they will live also and be stronger for it. They will change their minds as they age, they are young, impressionable and feeling threatened, I don't blame them for caring. They should NOT be making policy any more than they should be doing many things that is reserved for responsible adults.

God Bless America! Get 'er done Trump!

- Margaret Mead -

Now, I appreciate the lecture, and I know they have experienced something I haven't, it is an event, not an every day occurrence. Furthermore, you cannot make policy on anomalies. This was fully preventable, in fact it should have been prevented without question. As it were, stronger psychological prevention and age raised to 21 should help. I posted before this decision that 21 should be across the board: drinking, voting, driving, the works.

300M guns in America. It's in your constitution, it's not going to end. The UK has higher levels of many crimes, the only one they really trail in is gun murders.

As it were, I grew up fast in some respect, but like all youth I was still a kid. That's life. I lived through it and I'm here. Those kids survived, and they will live also and be stronger for it. They will change their minds as they age, they are young, impressionable and feeling threatened, I don't blame them for caring. They should NOT be making policy any more than they should be doing many things that is reserved for responsible adults.

Don't talk to me until you find the courage to directly answer the questions I asked you. Let me remind you of what they were:

As it were, I grew up fast in some respect, but like all youth I was still a kid. That's life. I lived through it and I'm here.
Seriously, Dude? What part of what I wrote led you think I give a wet rat's ass about YOU or anything having to do with you or what you lived through or how fast or slow you grew up? I didn't write about you! What I did was implore you to get the fuck outta my face. As a reminder:
That's right! I'm not interested in your little "Maple Leaf" generalizations! -- get the fuck up outta my face with your talk about what American kids are going to do, say or feel 20 years from now, or what kind of foundation they needed to have last night, last week, last month or last century.
Nothing having to do with the unlawful gun use in the U.S. is about you. Period. You're not an American. You don't have a say. Period. Don't talk to me about it. I don't care to read your thoughts about you and this matter of gun misuse in the U.S. and what is or will be regarding American kids who've had to endure what you clearly and by your own admission have not. Period. There is a time and a place for everyone's neighbor to step in, but this, neighbor, is a time for you to step the fuck out. Period.

Didn't get past the "thoughts and prayers don't protect you from gunfire" bit.

They're too stupid (er, brainwashed) to know what thoughts are prayers are actually for, not interested in the rest of their leftist pablum.

For all the rheeing from the left, school shootings are not an epidemic.

Not even close.

But they do make good political theatre for going for yet another gun grab.

Politics allowed the shooter to fly under the radar ... even when he called the police himself, telling them how he was struggling.

Want to lash out at someone, go lash out at obama for his racist policies that allowed the shooter to do as he pleased.

But no, instead the left blames an inanimate object and are trying to usurp the right of 99% of law abiding Americans.

NOT. ONE. INCH.

- Margaret Mead -

Don't talk to me until you find the courage to directly answer the questions I asked you. Let me remind you of what they were:

As it were, I grew up fast in some respect, but like all youth I was still a kid. That's life. I lived through it and I'm here.
Seriously, Dude? What part of what I wrote led you think I give a wet rat's ass about YOU or anything having to do with you or what you lived through or how fast or slow you grew up? I didn't write about you! What I did was implore you to get the fuck outta my face. As a reminder:
That's right! I'm not interested in your little "Maple Leaf" generalizations! -- get the fuck up outta my face with your talk about what American kids are going to do, say or feel 20 years from now, or what kind of foundation they needed to have last night, last week, last month or last century.
Nothing having to do with the unlawful gun use in the U.S. is about you. Period. You're not an American. You don't have a say. Period. Don't talk to me about it. I don't care to read your thoughts about you and this matter of gun misuse in the U.S. and what is or will be regarding American kids who've had to endure what you clearly and by your own admission have not. Period. There is a time and a place for everyone's neighbor to step in, but this, neighbor, is a time for you to step the fuck out. Period.

vh1.gif

Blame the NRA!!!

Dereliction-NRD-600.jpg

The NRA and Republicans blame the children. Or video games. Or movies. For some reason they believe a gun can't kill someone but a movie can. Maybe if you throw the Bluray disc real hard...

They "get" whatever they've been programmed to "get", because they've been intentionally deprived of the skill of reasoning for themselves and drawing their own conclusions.

They get IT? These two rich kids get it, yet if they were pro life you would call them whores. And on an alleged comedy show ? Yeah, they all get it. I guess you get it to. Y’all getting it in 2016 got us Donald Trump for president. Thank you .

They "get" whatever they've been programmed to "get", because they've been intentionally deprived of the skill of reasoning for themselves and drawing their own conclusions.

This is what programmed them: click here.

Forum List

Back