when did you first get politically corrected in formal education?

The Great Goose

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2015
I remember it was in primary school. This teacher said, Australia has no culture. We shouldn't learn about Europe or Britain because we are closer to Asia and we have to join Asia. Several years ago I would have said, when I had some uni friends and they called me racist after I joked using a racial slur. But it goes back farther than that.

In high School we learned about mao tse tung and cheng kai shek in modern history. The communists won and the nationalists (chang kai shek) lost. See how that works?

Did we learn the much more interesting and relevant (to us) tale of how England borred too much money in ww1 to pay back and saddled Germany with the debt? Did we learn of the looming threat of Bolshevism? Did we learn that Churchill was keeping with the tradition of making sure France was the dominant power on the continent and Germany didn't become a super power? That we bombed German civilians far more than they bombed England? That the last thing Htler needed was a war with England and that he tried to make peace constantly (as did the Kaiser before him)?

Nope, we learned about Mao.

Last edited:
Er..... what?

So, someone decided to teach you Chinese history. Wow. I learned about the Russian Revolution, so what?

Er..... what?

So, someone decided to teach you Chinese history. Wow. I learned about the Russian Revolution, so what?
Might have been handy to understanding MY WORLD to learn about my own history. But of course that would have armed me against the loons.

I had a teacher that just went on and on about Reaganomics as she referred to it as "voodoo" economics.

Of course, today we run trillion dollar deficits with the highest debt in human history, give away jobs to illegals, and tax everything that moves which I guess is considered rational economics cuz she is an Obama groupie..

Er..... what?

Might have been handy to understanding MY WORLD to learn about my own history. But of course that would have armed me against the loons.

Perhaps, I'm not saying people shouldn't learn their history, but learning history from elsewhere isn't a bad thing. What can be a bad thing is learning history but not using it as a basis for essential skills.

Er..... what?

Perhaps, I'm not saying people shouldn't learn their history, but learning history from elsewhere isn't a bad thing. What can be a bad thing is learning history but not using it as a basis for essential skills.
Not at all. I enjoyed it.

its just interesting we were deprived knowledge of our own struggles.

Er..... what?

Not at all. I enjoyed it.

its just interesting we were deprived knowledge of our own struggles.

Well, I'd suspect that things have changed now.

Forum List

Back