When Asked About Stingy Charitable Giving, Beto Says His Campaign Appearances Are Charitable Giving!

mikegriffith1

Mike Griffith
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 23, 2012
Virginia
Holy cow. I've seen arrogance and nonsense before, but Beto O'Rourke has reached a new high in both categories. When confronted at a town hall about his stingy charitable giving, Beto replied that his campaign appearances are a type of charitable giving! Think I'm kidding? Read for yourself:

Beto O'Rourke confronted at town hall about stingy charitable donations

Mind you, in 2017, this guy gave less than 1% of his considerable income to charity, according to his own tax filings. Specifically, he and his wife made $370K in 2017 and gave a grand total of %1,166 to charity! Wow! How generous! The student who confronted him about his Scrooge-like charitable giving pointed out that her sister, a recent college grad, gave more to charity than he did!

Beto is his own charitable gift to America!

PROFILES IN COURAGE: Officers at scene of Beto O’Rourke’s 1998 DWI crash say they believe he tried to flee.

Neither the investigating officer, Richard Carrera, nor his former supervisor, Gary Hargrove, specifically recalls the events of that night more than 20 years ago. But both of the former Anthony Police Department officers told The Texas Tribune they have no doubt the report they compiled and signed is accurate.

“I believe we have contradicting stories here,” said Carrera, who arrested the 26-year-old O’Rourke and took him to a police station to undergo a breath test. “I stand by my report.”

Carrera, 49, said after reading the police report, in which an unnamed witness claimed O’Rourke tried to flee in his Volvo, he has “no doubt that he tried to leave the scene.”​

Looks like Bobby, runs like Ted.

Holy cow. I've seen arrogance and nonsense before, but Beto O'Rourke has reached a new high in both categories. When confronted at a town hall about his stingy charitable giving, Beto replied that his campaign appearances are a type of charitable giving! Think I'm kidding? Read for yourself:

Mind you, in 2017, this guy gave less than 1% of his considerable income to charity, according to his own tax filings. Specifically, he and his wife made $370K in 2017 and gave a grand total of %1,166 to charity! Wow! How generous! The student who confronted him about his Scrooge-like charitable giving pointed out that her sister, a recent college grad, gave more to charity than he did!
I heard Beto used donor money to buy a painting of himself which he then placed in one of his businesses.

Oh, wait. That was someone else...

I feel the same way about when I take dem pretty wimmens on a date...

I heard Beto used donor money to buy a painting of himself which he then placed in one of his businesses.

Oh, wait. That was someone else...
Oh look, a squirrel!

Further, you really have the sequence of events badly screwed up.

Donald Trump donated a self-portrait to a charity sale with all the proceeds going to a charity that aids children and young adults with developmental disabilities. In an attempt to get the bidding going, his charity bid $10,000. No one else bid.

The disabled children and young adults got the $10,000 donation, and Trump's charity got the painting.

What is it exactly that you are upset about, and how does this make Beto charitable?

Mind you, in 2017, this guy gave less than 1% of his considerable income to charity
More than your dotard ever gave
Trump gave over 400k to vets
Which is .000001 percent of his alleged wealth.
Yeah it is just terrible that he donates his paycheck as president instead of keeping it. His charity bid on a self portrait, no one bid on it. But the left will continuously make excuses for anyone on the left while making up stories to try to demonize the right.

Forum List

Back