A Bunch of 2020 Democratic Candidates Give Very Little to Charity

You set the predicate in the OP rattling off the contributions made listed on their tax returns!

The point of the OP is the pitiful, stingy amount of charitable giving by demagogues who pose as champions of the poor, not how their stingy giving was revealed. It just so happens that their stingy charitable giving has been revealed in their tax returns, but how it was revealed is not the point.

And I notice amid all your low-class profanity and insults that you didn't bother to address the points (1) that Trump has given millions to charitable causes over the years (although he could have given more) and (2) that Trump, unlike a single Dem running for prez, has created tens of thousands of good jobs so that the people who hold those jobs won't have to rely on charity.

By the way, those evil, greedy corporations that liberals like to bash all the time have given BILLIONS to charity just over the last few years. For example, Amazon, a favorite target of liberals because it uses legal tax breaks, gave over $100 million to charity last year alone (Amazon Announces $100 Million Donated to Charities through AmazonSmile).
So you're waving the white flag with that renewed deflection, eh (your 'tell')? I acknowledged your submissive gesture, which is more than you deserve, pup.

As I recently said to another of your ilk, I'm not going to follow you down your rabbit hole and follow you from den to den with your fucking deflections! If you respond to a post of mine ever again, you ignorant fuck, do so on topic of what was being discussed without introducing your deflecting Straw Man deflections you damn fool! I ain't playing your fucking games.

If my verbiage offends you tender mercies you fucking pussy, then don't play your stupid fucking games AND conduct yourself as an honest and trustworthy human being that can be respected as such! Your character is far from that mark currently! Now piss off until you grow the fuck up!

All the Democratic presidential candidates who have released their tax returns so far have exposed themselves as Scrooges when it comes to charitable giving. Who are we talking about? Such class-warfare peddling, self-proclaimed champions of the poor as Bernie Sanders, Kamala Harris, Elizabeth I-Lied-for-Decades-About-My-Ethnicity Warren, Beto O'Rourke, Kirsten Gillibrand, Amy Klobuchar, and Jay Inslee. The least stingiest giver is Elizabeth Warren, even though she only gave 5.5% of her $900K household income to charity in 2017:

Several Democratic presidential candidates released their tax returns in an effort to contrast their transparency with President Trump’s opaqueness regarding his finances. But by attempting to prove their virtue, they accomplished just the opposite.

Their tax returns revealed that each of the Democratic candidates gave an embarrassingly low percentage of their sizable income to charity in recent years. Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren won the title as most charitable, giving a whopping 5.5 percent of her household’s $906,000 income to charity in 2017. In second place is Washington Gov. Jay Inslee, who, along with his wife, gave 4 percent of their income in 2017. New York Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand and her husband contributed 2 percent of their $215,000. Minnesota Sen. Amy Klobuchar contributed 1.9 percent out of $338,500, while California Sen. Kamala Harris contributed just 1.4 percent out of $1.9 million.

Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders just became a millionaire in 2016, raking in $1,073,333. Yet he gave only $10,600 to charity — less than 1 percent of his income. He upped his generosity in 2017 and 2018, donating an "impressive" 3 percent.

Finally, Beto O’Rourke and his wife gave 0.3 percent of their $366,455 to charity in 2017. Good news: that’s up from 0.2 percent in 2016. Don’t worry, though, O’Rourke’s campaign team has announced they are busy looking for the “thousands of dollars” of charitable giving that weren’t, for some reason, reflected on his tax returns. The American people anxiously await their excavation.

The lack of magnanimity among Democrats isn’t exactly surprising. A 2018 study found that, on average, Republican-leaning counties give more to charity than Democratic-leaning counties. This echoes similar findings from a 2012 study. In general, Republicans and conservatives tend to be more generous than Democrats and progressives. This is probably because Republicans are more likely to be religious than Democrats are, and religion is a major motivating factor in charitable giving. (Allie Beth Stuckey: Democratic presidential candidates have a big charitable giving problem)​

Talk about cherry picking.

Leave it to a Trumpbot to wildly support a POTUS who many times, sexually assaulted women...and bragged about it. And this same Trumpbot could care less about said sexual assaults, but makes a big deal of charitable contributions.

Trumpbots...ego before honor.

As for the OP? I assume all candidates for both major parties are cheap bastards/bitches who could not give a shit about anyone but themselves.

Of course...I don't expect them to sexually assault women and then brag about it like Trump did.

Last edited:
All the Democratic presidential candidates who have released their tax returns so far have exposed themselves as Scrooges when it comes to charitable giving. Who are we talking about? Such class-warfare peddling, self-proclaimed champions of the poor as Bernie Sanders, Kamala Harris, Elizabeth I-Lied-for-Decades-About-My-Ethnicity Warren, Beto O'Rourke, Kirsten Gillibrand, Amy Klobuchar, and Jay Inslee. The least stingiest giver is Elizabeth Warren, even though she only gave 5.5% of her $900K household income to charity in 2017:

Several Democratic presidential candidates released their tax returns in an effort to contrast their transparency with President Trump’s opaqueness regarding his finances. But by attempting to prove their virtue, they accomplished just the opposite.

Their tax returns revealed that each of the Democratic candidates gave an embarrassingly low percentage of their sizable income to charity in recent years. Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren won the title as most charitable, giving a whopping 5.5 percent of her household’s $906,000 income to charity in 2017. In second place is Washington Gov. Jay Inslee, who, along with his wife, gave 4 percent of their income in 2017. New York Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand and her husband contributed 2 percent of their $215,000. Minnesota Sen. Amy Klobuchar contributed 1.9 percent out of $338,500, while California Sen. Kamala Harris contributed just 1.4 percent out of $1.9 million.

Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders just became a millionaire in 2016, raking in $1,073,333. Yet he gave only $10,600 to charity — less than 1 percent of his income. He upped his generosity in 2017 and 2018, donating an "impressive" 3 percent.

Finally, Beto O’Rourke and his wife gave 0.3 percent of their $366,455 to charity in 2017. Good news: that’s up from 0.2 percent in 2016. Don’t worry, though, O’Rourke’s campaign team has announced they are busy looking for the “thousands of dollars” of charitable giving that weren’t, for some reason, reflected on his tax returns. The American people anxiously await their excavation.

The lack of magnanimity among Democrats isn’t exactly surprising. A 2018 study found that, on average, Republican-leaning counties give more to charity than Democratic-leaning counties. This echoes similar findings from a 2012 study. In general, Republicans and conservatives tend to be more generous than Democrats and progressives. This is probably because Republicans are more likely to be religious than Democrats are, and religion is a major motivating factor in charitable giving. (Allie Beth Stuckey: Democratic presidential candidates have a big charitable giving problem)​
Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

That’s what Democrats believe.

Republicans like ruining peoples lives and then giving them pennies as charity. They feel it gives them power over people. Nothing like making someone crawl and then giving them a few crumbs.

No Democrats want to take other people's money to pay for things they want to support.

And FYI Democrats are all about telling people what or what not to do to the same extent as Republicans

You set the predicate in the OP rattling off the contributions made listed on their tax returns!

The point of the OP is the pitiful, stingy amount of charitable giving by demagogues who pose as champions of the poor, not how their stingy giving was revealed. It just so happens that their stingy charitable giving has been revealed in their tax returns, but how it was revealed is not the point.

And I notice amid all your low-class profanity and insults that you didn't bother to address the points (1) that Trump has given millions to charitable causes over the years (although he could have given more) and (2) that Trump, unlike a single Dem running for prez, has created tens of thousands of good jobs so that the people who hold those jobs won't have to rely on charity.

By the way, those evil, greedy corporations that liberals like to bash all the time have given BILLIONS to charity just over the last few years. For example, Amazon, a favorite target of liberals because it uses legal tax breaks, gave over $100 million to charity last year alone (Amazon Announces $100 Million Donated to Charities through AmazonSmile).
Trump, good jobs? He has hired illegals to pay even less than min. wage. He is a sleazeball who only thinks of himself. Trump robbed his foundation. That is who Trump is.He and Ivanka have their overpriced crap made in China and 3rd world nations. That is to avoid paying Americans a min wage. Trump has a lifetime of showing how he cheats workers and contractors. He has put many contractors out of business by cheating them and refusing to pay them.

Another point that should be made is that Trump has never gone around bashing rich people, demonizing corporations, pretending that he cares more about the poor than other people, but Warren, Sanders, Booker, etc., have done these things for years. Yet, now we see that they have practiced "do as I say, not as I do." They bash corporation and rich people for not caring about the poor, yet they've given only a small fraction of their huge incomes to charity.

Character Assassinations, a troll at work. So they didn't give, and yet they didn't create a charity, or a University, to fill their pocketbooks.

Consider this:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...ory.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.f2f9e0ae0f8d

From the LINK:

"President Trump has agreed to shut down his embattled personal charity and to give away its remaining money amid allegations that he used the foundation for his personal and political benefit, New York Attorney General Barbara Underwood announced Tuesday.

"Underwood said that the Donald J. Trump Foundation is dissolving as her office pursues its lawsuit against the charity, Trump and his three eldest children.

"The shuttering comes after The Washington Post documented apparent lapses at the foundation. Trump used the charity’s money to pay legal settlements for his private business, to purchase art for one of his clubs and to make a prohibited political donation.

"The attorney general’s investigation turned up evidence that Donald Trump Jr., Eric Trump and Ivanka Trump — all listed as officers of the charity — had never held a board meeting. The board hadn’t met since 1999. The charity’s official treasurer, Trump Organization executive Allen Weisselberg, told investigators that he wasn’t aware that he was on the board."

Last edited:
Another point that should be made is that Trump has never gone around bashing rich people, demonizing corporations, pretending that he cares more about the poor than other people, but Warren, Sanders, Booker, etc., have done these things for years. Yet, now we see that they have practiced "do as I say, not as I do." They bash corporation and rich people for not caring about the poor, yet they've given only a small fraction of their huge incomes to charity.

You won your point in this thread!
The unhinged lefts meltdowns are proof.
What a bunch of cheap bastards, eh?; always expecting hard working American taxpayers to pick up the tab for their social justice lunacy.
Good job.....:clap2::clap2::clap2:

So you're waving the white flag with that renewed deflection, eh (your 'tell')? I acknowledged your submissive gesture, which is more than you deserve, pup.

Is English your second language? I'm not talking about your low-life profanity, but your apparent inability to grasp the simple point that the Dem candidates in question have postured as the true champions of the poor, have accused Republicans of not caring about the poor, have bashed corporations as greedy and uncaring, and yet they themselves have given only a tiny fraction of their huge incomes to charity.

Some of you have avoided this simple point by deflecting to Trump's charitable giving, and I have simply made the point (1) that Trump has given millions to charity over the years, and (2) that Trump has helped a lot more people by creating tens of thousands of good jobs, whereas not one of the Dems in question has ever even run a small business, much less a major corporation.

Democrats prefer to legislate charity.

What a bunch of cheap bastards, eh?; always expecting hard working American taxpayers to pick up the tab for their social justice lunacy.

LOL, Trump donates and then spends the money on himself. Yep, Cohen is correct and honest, trump takes the tax deduction and then spends it to his benefit - clearly a crook and a conman.

LOL, Trump donates and then spends the money on himself. Yep, Cohen is correct and honest, trump takes the tax deduction and then spends it to his benefit - clearly a crook and a conman.

You lost me when you said Cohen is honest.....

Billionaire Trump gives nothing to charity

Only his Presidential salary, for starters. Please return to your normal activity of banging two rocks together.

Writes it off. Trump is the cheapest billionaire in the world

Uh, one, everyone or nearly everyone writes off their charitable donations. Two, Trump has donated millions to charity over the years, in addition to creating tens of thousands of good jobs. Three, Trump has never pretended to care more about the poor than everyone else, unlike the Dem candidates, and they have given virtually nothing to charity. The point is the hypocrisy of the Dem candidates. The OP does not even mention Trump, because it has nothing to do with Trump. You guys won't talk about the clear hypocrisy of the Dem candidates.

You have been lost long before that phrase. When he called trump a crook, etc. he had evidence:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/02/27/mic

You have been lost long before that phrase. When he called trump a crook, etc. he had evidence:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/02/27/mic

So. You are reduced to arguing that Cohen is an honest man. What's he going to prison for again?
Obviously, the Mueller report did a real number on your head. :cool-45:

Forum List

Back