What's wrong with America?

Todd Palin was putting pressure on public safety for Milfy Mooseturd. She lied to the public when she said no one talked to public safety. Now she is going down.
You mean the way every other politician who lied to the public for doing something unscrupulous went down?

It's amazing how fast discussions 'flee' the OP...

As for attacking or not attacking the Palin clan. My one and a half cents:

1. anyone who names their kids Track, trig and bristol deserves to be made fun of. Willow and piper aren't great, but better than the former.

2. Though kids should be reasonably off limits, their actions can be of legitimate discussion.

3. Palin's family unfortunately becomes a major issue because of her social stances. If her position is 'pro family', abstinence only, uber-christian, anti-abortion under all circumstances, then when one of her kids does something that directly involves all of these issues, it's a legit issue. It doesn't mean that the specific case of her kid needs to be discussed, but it will be a discussion and it is a matter of public interest.

4. This is an issue for the reasons stated in number 3, but more importantly it's an issue because she desires to impose/legislate these things on the rest of us. And THAT, is the big issue.

If she was personally against abortion but left it to every woman to decide, then that would be one thing. But to ban all abortions is something quite different.

Again, the daughter has become an issue because of Palin's choices and actions, not the daughter's.

I feel bad for the daughter to be in this position, but she has her mother to blame more than anyone else.... except for maybe her own actions and decisions.

It's amazing how fast discussions 'flee' the OP...

As for attacking or not attacking the Palin clan. My one and a half cents:

1. anyone who names their kids Track, trig and bristol deserves to be made fun of. Willow and piper aren't great, but better than the former.

2. Though kids should be reasonably off limits, their actions can be of legitimate discussion.

3. Palin's family unfortunately becomes a major issue because of her social stances. If her position is 'pro family', abstinence only, uber-christian, anti-abortion under all circumstances, then when one of her kids does something that directly involves all of these issues, it's a legit issue. It doesn't mean that the specific case of her kid needs to be discussed, but it will be a discussion and it is a matter of public interest.

4. This is an issue for the reasons stated in number 3, but more importantly it's an issue because she desires to impose/legislate these things on the rest of us. And THAT, is the big issue.

If she was personally against abortion but left it to every woman to decide, then that would be one thing. But to ban all abortions is something quite different.

Again, the daughter has become an issue because of Palin's choices and actions, not the daughter's.

I feel bad for the daughter to be in this position, but she has her mother to blame more than anyone else.... except for maybe her own actions and decisions.

Does it make Palin a hippocrite if her daughter does something she "isn't supposed to do?' Has it ever occurred to anyone that maybe the daughter believes in abstinence but stumbled? Try to think about when that was relevant to your life. Most of us have some idea. Haven't we all done things in our lives we don't believe to be right?

The 8 democrat years you're referring too are the Clinton years.

Really, Bill Clinton was not signing 200K new paychecks per month.

If you want to give thanks, it would be better to send Thank You letters to Bill Gates, & John Chambers & many others in the high tech industry that put our economy into a major boom period during that time. Bill was simply lucky enough to be sitting in the oval office during this time period.

Presidents do not control economies, the private sector does. Presidents & congress can influence economies with their tax policies. Higher taxes do not stimulate new job creation. The federal reserve can influence our economy by raising or lowering short term interest rates.

:clap2: finally, someone who understands this......

If you want to know what's wrong with america, ask Todd Palin. He belonged to the alaskan independence party. They want to suceed from the united states.

We also have anti stem cell, abstenence only, anti rights, global warming denying anti choice people being inserte into politics.

Sarah Palin is a radical christian. end of days type. speak in tongues.

Mccain has malinoma. 1/3 chance of surviving till 80.

no way.

debunked

Learn some economics before posting. There is a difference between the National Debt and a surplus. Economics 101 my lad...

well, at my house when we are overloaded with debt we don't have a surplus, surplus is a myth, pay the debt stupid, it's the economy.

I've heard the line used by Barack Obama that he believes that "what's wrong with America, can be changed by what's right with America." Or words to that effect.

But I'm looking at the polls that show the race as a dead heat, and I think Obama is overestimating what is right with America.

Over the last 28 years the democrats have held the white house for only 8.

The trend during those 8 years was a strong economy, a shrinking deficit into the realm of a balanced budget. During the other 20 years (Reagan, Bush Sr, dubya) the economy has experienced multiple recessions, and seen an 8 trillion dollar increase in the federal debt.

Right now the meltdowns, the bankruptcies the mortgage crisis can almost all be attributed to lack of regulation, risky investment, and overall failure of government oversight. Whistles were blown, flags were waved and a republican congress and white house did nothing.

Now with high and rising unemployment, rising inflation, a severely weakened dollar, a plunging stock market, trade deficits and declining exports/rising imports, massive debt and deficit and miniscule growth, we have an election where all of these problems can basically be tied to one party, and the polls are tied.

On top of that there's Iraq, Afghanistan, bin Laden is free, torture, Abu Graib, declining freedoms and government spying, Katrina, Alberto Gonzalez, federal prosecutors, etc. etc. etc.

One of the candidates has gone along with 90% of this and maintains that the economy is fundamentally strong.

And we are TIED IN THE POLLS

If this continues then I'm afraid that Barack Obama is simply wrong, and that what's right with America, apparently can't overcome what's wrong. And the ultimate proof will be the election of John McCain.

A frightening but probably accurate assessment of the political scene.

The problems were are facing are complex.

The voting public does NOT understand such complexity.

What they understand is bumpersticker logic.

So if you can appeal to the lowest common denomination of voter prejudices, issues like abortion, gun control and queers, you can destroy our nation (as the Republicans are doings) and not be held accountable for it.

All one has to do is convince enough stupid people that somehow LIBERALS are the source of all their problems, and one might very well pull off another four years of complete mismanagment of all the things that actually DO matter to this nation as a whole.

Like I said yesterday, I am losing my confidence in our democracratic system.

When our media failed to do its job of truly informing people about issues that DO effect them; when the media decided that they were an entertainment service and NOT a system to keep the public informed about the issues that matter; our democracy republic started to vote for some very stupid and evil people who realized that appealing to people's propensity to want scapegoats and whitehat black hat simplicity was the path to power in a democracy.

Last edited:
A frightening but probably accurate assessment of the political scene.

The problems were are facing are complex.

The voting public does NOT understand such complexity.

What they understand is bumpersticker logic.

So if you can appeal to the lowest common denomination of voter prejudices, issues like abortion, gun control and queers, you can destroy our nation (as the Republicans are doings) and not be held accountable for it.

All one has to do is convince enough stupid people that somehow LIBERALS are the source of all their problems, and one might very well pull off another four years of complete mismanagment of all the things that actually DO matter to this nation as a whole.

Like I said yesterday, I am losing my confidence in our democracratic system.

When our media failed to do its job of truly informing people about issues that DO effect them; when the media decided that they were an entertainment service and NOT a system to keep the public informed about the issues that matter; our democracy republic started to vote for some very stupid and evil people who realized that appealing to people's propensity to want scapegoats and whitehat black hat simplicity was the path to power in a democracy.

It is official. The financial markets need MORE regulations. So much for all the Republicans on these boards repeating the talking point of DE regulations. God that one really bugged me. The GOP said regulations were bogging us down, also taxes. So they did away with regulations AND corporate taxes and look what we got. Collapsed Housing market and now freddy, fanny, lehman, bear stearns, morgan stanley, dean witter

What does Todd Palin have to do with the candidates? Are you going to bring up his DUI from 22 years ago now? If you want the right to lay off Michelle Obama for saying she has never been proud of her country, lay off Palin's spouse and her daughter. One standard will do just fine.

Like I said, now that we have more dirt on you, you want a truce. I don't think so. Go for it on Michelle. You only make yourselves look worse. Compared to Cindy the billionaire who cut her own sister out of the will?

Todd Palin was doing official governor work for Sarah in the governor's office. Some say too much. I don't think that discussion is off limits. Do you?

Did you forget all the talk about if you get Hillary you also get Bill? Well if you vote for Sarah & John, you also get drug addict Cindy and Red Neck Todd.

Oh, and when Obama was a community organizer, he faught for steel workers who lost their jobs. Isn't Todd in a union? Wasn't he some sort of steel worker? I'm sure he won't cry when he looses his pension due to Sarah because her pension will be much better as a VP.

And Sarah is already obstructing justice and acting like Chaney in Troopergate. She refused to go testify with the lead investigator. Heard it on MSNBC last night. Olbermann & Rachel Maddow. You should watch those shows and wake up.

I agree with Obama on this one. The US needs to take a right turn towards conservatism.

This entire thread is supposed to be about people who are ignorant and unthinking, and that ignorance causing problems.

Thank you for proving my hypothesis correct.

BTW, this take a right turn idea.... There's been a republican president in the white house for 8 years, the most conservative in history, and the gop essentially controlled congress from 1995 to 2006. We took a right turn and it failed miserably. But again, thank you for proving my hypothesis.

I agree with Obama on this one. The US needs to take a right turn towards conservatism.

Because it has worked so well the 6 years we tried it?

McCain isn't even conservative. Did you forget or is he really conservative and faking that he is a moderate? Which angle he takes depends on what group he is talking to.

Or are you telling us McCain's melanoma is worse that they let on and this is a way to get a right wing radical into the White House via Palin becomes the president when McCain croaks? They say he has 1 in 3 chances of making it to 80 years old.

This entire thread is supposed to be about people who are ignorant and unthinking, and that ignorance causing problems.

Thank you for proving my hypothesis correct.

BTW, this take a right turn idea.... There's been a republican president in the white house for 8 years, the most conservative in history, and the gop essentially controlled congress from 1995 to 2006. We took a right turn and it failed miserably. But again, thank you for proving my hypothesis.
Wow thanks for demonstrating your complete ignorance of reality. Bush 43 the most conservative in history? Incredible. :cuckoo:

Because it has worked so well the 6 years we tried it?

McCain isn't even conservative. Did you forget or is he really conservative and faking that he is a moderate? Which angle he takes depends on what group he is talking to.

Or are you telling us McCain's melanoma is worse that they let on and this is a way to get a right wing radical into the White House via Palin becomes the president when McCain croaks? They say he has 1 in 3 chances of making it to 80 years old.
Wow you're a dumbass. It worked very well under Reagan. Bush 43 is hardly a conservative. McCain is Michael Savage compared to Obama.

[QUOTEOn whose watch was legislation signed that loosened regulations on the banking industry. I'll give you one guess. Starts with a C. Not to mention the ten years he sat there and let the terrorists kick his butt. That starts with a C also. Eight, make that eight years.][/QUOTE]

He screwed up the surplus, employment and debt so bad that all the current regime could do was make it even worse in the next 7 years.

Please, let's blame all the economic shit on Clinton. Greenspan and Graham had nothing to do with it.

You had two terms and the country is looking like the dust bowl. Get out.

Free thought said:
If you have debt, you cut back on certain things, you try to make more money and you put more of what you do make towards paying it back. That's what America needs to do. That may mean a tax raise, but it's also sound economic and financial policy. To deny that is obtuse. How, if any, raise in taxes should be implement can and should be debated.

Wow, funny that a dem would say that given all of the programs and spending that would ensue over Obama getting elected. Not only would our taxes increase a lot, gov't would expand, and so would the spending. So if you want to reduce the deficit shrink gov't and the wasteless spending of the democratic congress

[QUOTEOn whose watch was legislation signed that loosened regulations on the banking industry. I'll give you one guess. Starts with a C. Not to mention the ten years he sat there and let the terrorists kick his butt. That starts with a C also. Eight, make that eight years.]He screwed up the surplus, employment and debt so bad that all the current regime could do was make it even worse in the next 7 years.

Please, let's blame all the economic shit on Clinton. Greenspan and Graham had nothing to do with it.

You had two terms and the country is looking like the dust bowl. Get out.
I always suspected that you didn't have a clue how to use the quote button and now I have proof. :badgrin:

Last edited:
If our banking system and the value of the dollar collapses, your tax breaks aren't going to mean jackshit to any of you, believe me.

The Republicans with the help and assistance of the Dems dug us into this economic mess, and it's going to take both the Republicans and Democrats to get us out of it.

The first thing we've got to do (if we can, I'm not sure its possible) is stem the banking crises.

Then we have got to STOP deficit spending because that is effecting the declining value of our specie.

There are only two immediate ways to bring the deficit down and those are:

1. Increase tax revenues; and or
2 decrease spending.

I suggest to you all that we probably need to do a little of both ASAP.

If we too dramtically raise taxes we'll strain the economy and that will actually decrease revenues.

If we too dramatically decrease domestic spending, that will also dampen the economy.

There is no simply solution to this problem. We're in debt and too many of us are unemployed or underemployed. Most of us are underpaid, too, but that a rant for a different day.

We've got international committments in Iraq and Afghanistan that we can't simply walk away from.

Thw world's international financing community is less and less interested in funding our debts because they see what a mess we've made of the economy.

And it doesn't matter who is POTUS, these problems are NOT going to change with any simple easily penned solution any of us are going to come up with here.

Cutting taxes will NOT help.

Taxing the crap out of the wealthy will NOT fix it either.

Letting the American people starve will NOT fix it either.

Nice fix we find ourselves in, huh?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back