What’s with Protestants and Catholics and their hate of knowledge?

Yes, the first poster is an idiot. The issue is "faith", a belief system, a rationale for believing in a certain way.

You have faith that does deity does not exist: that faith makes you an atheist.

Yes, the first poster is an idiot. The issue is "faith", a belief system, a rationale for believing in a certain way.

You have faith that does deity does not exist: that faith makes you an atheist.

So you not believing in the flying spaghetti monster is your faith?

Or is your faith christianity?

The Spanish Inquisition ("(Keep Feeling) Fascination" by The Human League) - YouTube

In the early years, the Catholics hierarchy was against the reading of scriptures. In that day, to question any dogma was often met with violence. It took Martin Luther to end Catholic monopoly of biblical interpretation yet it can be argued that he did so for political, monetary and not religious reasons. Germany was losing too much wealth to Rome and he used his theses against indulgences to split from the Catholic Church.

Since that day, the Spanish inquisition, and Catholic/Protestant policies have pushes for only the biblical interpretations that have been sanctioned by the various Church hierarchies to be accepted. IOW, they are to control your theosis or apotheosis.

Being a Gnostic Christian, I of course ignore such commands. If you are one of faith then you cannot. You must kowtow to whatever sect you belong to and believe as they believe.

Most Catholics and Protestants I talk to tell me that we are not to judge God. Strange as this condition excludes them of course, as they have judged their God to be good. The rest of us are fine if we agree and since we cannot judge God on our own, we are not allowed to judge anything but good. Judging God as evil is not allowed.

To judge, one needs knowledge first and foremost. Eden shows that God did not want Adam and Eve to have knowledge of good and evil. The early Catholic Church followed suit by burning competing gospels and killing members of other Christian sects that did not convert. Protestant sects and their hierarchies, by insisting that theosis is under their guidance only, also discourage questioning and judging and acquiring knowledge.

“Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding.

Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has.”

Martin Luther

What do the churches fear with a more intelligent population?

Are they afraid that with knowledge, people will stop believing in talking animals and other fantasies, miracles and magic and realize that their faith has no clothes?

hans christian anderson emperor's new clothes - Yahoo! Video Search

Are so called religious folk following religions and Gods or are they following tradition and culture as this following indicates?

Richard Dawkins: If Science Worked Like Religion - YouTube

Is that why the various Abrahamic cults are not reconciling their doctrinal differences and not seeking knowledge and unification?

A & E were punished for seeking knowledge and becoming as Gods.

The Church punishes any that seek knowledge that does not match Church dogma. True or not.

Just how stupid does the Church want their adherents? Do they want slaves the same way their God does?

As a believer, just how big of a blinder are you willing to wear to follow your Church and God?

How much B S are you willing to eat from your Church hierarchy to maintain the delusion that you believe in an invisible miracle working absentee super God?

Regards
DL

Knowledge is power. Religions are all about consolidating and keeping power. Anything that would try and disrupt that power...is BAD and would have had to been stamped out.

oh...and its not just christians who think this.....its ALL religions.

Seriously?

You're seriously faulting the believers of the day for what happened 400 years ago?

Do you berate MDs today for LEECHING GEORGE WASINGTON to death, too?

I did not assign blame.

I just wondered how in today's world, anyone can think that it is good to have a theology that is based on talking animals and water walkers.

Especially when the God in question is genocidal and had his own son needlessly murdered.

Regards
DL
Are you cammmpbell in disguise or is it that you are just as blind as he is? You are wrong on all accounts.

Thanks for not refuting any of the accounts.

Your inability to do so speaks volumes.

Lurkers tell me that they note many apologists not doing any apologists work and only turning to insults.

Regards
DL

I did not assign blame.

I just wondered how in today's world, anyone can think that it is good to have a theology that is based on talking animals and water walkers.

Especially when the God in question is genocidal and had his own son needlessly murdered.

Regards
DL
Are you cammmpbell in disguise or is it that you are just as blind as he is? You are wrong on all accounts.

Thanks for not refuting any of the accounts.

Your inability to do so speaks volumes.

Lurkers tell me that they note many apologists not doing any apologists work and only turning to insults.

Regards
DL

The purpose of your entire thread is to insult, and it only until page 2 until you started bitching about insults.

Clowns like you make he rest of us non-believers look like dicks.

The weak-kneed atheist progressives here are a hoot: they believe in the faith of atheism because neither science nor philosophy disproves deity's existence.

Who do you see actively accepting your logical fallacy?
I know of no one that silly.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyA8cIzosFU]Argument from ignorance [mirror] - YouTube[/ame]

As you can see, it is to the one who cries wolf to show the tracks or the shit.
It is not to the rest of the town to show that the wolf was never there.

You lay your responsibility for sin on the murder of an innocent man and try to make the responsibility to show your God to others.

Do try to step up some day.

Regards
DL

[

Knowledge is power. Religions are all about consolidating and keeping power. Anything that would try and disrupt that power...is BAD and would have had to been stamped out.

oh...and its not just christians who think this.....its ALL religions.

+ 1

Regards
DL

[
The purpose of your entire thread is to insult, and it only until page 2 until you started bitching about insults.

You do that well enough on your own.

As to me. I am not an atheist.
I have to class myself as a religionist even as I generally agree with atheist against literalists and fundamentals.

Regards
DL

Yes, the first poster is an idiot. The issue is "faith", a belief system, a rationale for believing in a certain way. You have faith that does deity does not exist: that faith makes you an atheist.
So you not believing in the flying spaghetti monster is your faith? Or is your faith christianity?

Logical fallacy of a false derivative analogy? That is what you used? You believe somehow that you are different than a Confucian who believes in ancestors but not in deity, or a Tao'ist who believes in a Way but not a god, or an atheist who believes in science or philosophy not a god.

:lol: This is too easy. Try harder, sir.

Last edited:

The Spanish Inquisition ("(Keep Feeling) Fascination" by The Human League) - YouTube

In the early years, the Catholics hierarchy was against the reading of scriptures. In that day, to question any dogma was often met with violence. It took Martin Luther to end Catholic monopoly of biblical interpretation yet it can be argued that he did so for political, monetary and not religious reasons. Germany was losing too much wealth to Rome and he used his theses against indulgences to split from the Catholic Church.

Since that day, the Spanish inquisition, and Catholic/Protestant policies have pushes for only the biblical interpretations that have been sanctioned by the various Church hierarchies to be accepted. IOW, they are to control your theosis or apotheosis.

Being a Gnostic Christian, I of course ignore such commands. If you are one of faith then you cannot. You must kowtow to whatever sect you belong to and believe as they believe.

Most Catholics and Protestants I talk to tell me that we are not to judge God. Strange as this condition excludes them of course, as they have judged their God to be good. The rest of us are fine if we agree and since we cannot judge God on our own, we are not allowed to judge anything but good. Judging God as evil is not allowed.

To judge, one needs knowledge first and foremost. Eden shows that God did not want Adam and Eve to have knowledge of good and evil. The early Catholic Church followed suit by burning competing gospels and killing members of other Christian sects that did not convert. Protestant sects and their hierarchies, by insisting that theosis is under their guidance only, also discourage questioning and judging and acquiring knowledge.

Martin Luther

Are they afraid that with knowledge, people will stop believing in talking animals and other fantasies, miracles and magic and realize that their faith has no clothes?

Are so called religious folk following religions and Gods or are they following tradition and culture as this following indicates?

Is that why the various Abrahamic cults are not reconciling their doctrinal differences and not seeking knowledge and unification?

The Church punishes any that seek knowledge that does not match Church dogma. True or not.

Just how stupid does the Church want their adherents? Do they want slaves the same way their God does?

As a believer, just how big of a blinder are you willing to wear to follow your Church and God?

How much B S are you willing to eat from your Church hierarchy to maintain the delusion that you believe in an invisible miracle working absentee super God?

Regards
DL

Dear GIam:

1. I would compare the monopoly on church law interpretations
to the current monopoly we have in our government over secular law interpretations controlled by judges and any corporate interests they may favor, including
legislation and rulings that benefit the legal profession and political party system.

We have the same fight going on today, on whether "we the people" have the
right to interpret and exercise laws democratically without depending on
judicial authority to mandate this on a statewide or federal level.

Issues such as gay marriage and legalization of drugs/prostitution/abortion
could be resolved on a local level, instead of trying to impose mandates nationwide.

We will probably continue fighting this battle between individual free will vs. collective authority for the public good (whether defined by majority rule, by consensus, or by financial or political forces), until Jesus comes back and there is true Justice for all.

It's the same battle of them vs. us,
outside authority imposing on my free will,
that has plagued humanity since the inception of self-awareness and conscience.

2. As for "not being able to judge God as anything by good"
this is a matter of DEFINITION

if you define God to be what is universally true and good as the highest love of all,
then anything evil or selfish that corrupts that is defined to be from the opposing influence.

It is WELL that we SHOULD judge "righteous judgment" and DISCERN
what is universally good true and right from what is imposed or corrupted by self-interest

It is just that we would then align what is good as "coming from God" (by definition)
and what is selfish or false as contrary to God (also by construct).

We are meant to question and derive conclusions by experience, reason and free will.
This includes asking what is God's will, and focusing on the greater good in all things.
Thus, it also necessitates distinguishing what is false or wrong at the same time.

Martin Luther

Regards
DL

Dear GIam:

1. I would compare the monopoly on church law interpretations
to the current monopoly we have in our government over secular law interpretations controlled by judges and any corporate interests they may favor, including
legislation and rulings that benefit the legal profession and political party system.

We have the same fight going on today, on whether "we the people" have the
right to interpret and exercise laws democratically without depending on
judicial authority to mandate this on a statewide or federal level.

Issues such as gay marriage and legalization of drugs/prostitution/abortion
could be resolved on a local level, instead of trying to impose mandates nationwide.

We will probably continue fighting this battle between individual free will vs. collective authority for the public good (whether defined by majority rule, by consensus, or by financial or political forces), until Jesus comes back and there is true Justice for all.

It's the same battle of them vs. us,
outside authority imposing on my free will,
that has plagued humanity since the inception of self-awareness and conscience.

2. As for "not being able to judge God as anything by good"
this is a matter of DEFINITION

if you define God to be what is universally true and good as the highest love of all,
then anything evil or selfish that corrupts that is defined to be from the opposing influence.

It is WELL that we SHOULD judge "righteous judgment" and DISCERN
what is universally good true and right from what is imposed or corrupted by self-interest

It is just that we would then align what is good as "coming from God" (by definition)
and what is selfish or false as contrary to God (also by construct).

We are meant to question and derive conclusions by experience, reason and free will.
This includes asking what is God's will, and focusing on the greater good in all things.
Thus, it also necessitates distinguishing what is false or wrong at the same time.

Interesting.

You seem to have bought into the Jesus myth.

What do you think of his, vicarious or substitutionary atonement?

Should the innocent pay for the guilty?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYaQpRZJl18&feature=related]Christopher Hitchens - Christianity is Immoral (1 of 2) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-91mSkxaXs]The meaningless death of Jesus - YouTube[/ame]

Regards
DL

Well for starters atheism isn't a faith, you are atheist to almost every God out there, come to terms with that.

This is what I mean. Confucianism, the Tao, etc, faith religions without gods; so is atheism.

Let me first say the original poster is an idiot.

Secondly, being an atheist takes zero faith. I wouldn't say you have faith by not believing in the flying spaghetti monster or not believing in Zeus. Faith only comes in belief, not non-belief, imo.

Once there's scientific proof of a god or gods, I'll no longer be an atheist.

and yet you take it on faith that there is no god.

fail

Faith without facts is for fools.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPAC_cGVnUg]Why does faith deserve respect? - YouTube[/ame]

Regards
DL

This is what I mean. Confucianism, the Tao, etc, faith religions without gods; so is atheism.

Secondly, being an atheist takes zero faith. I wouldn't say you have faith by not believing in the flying spaghetti monster or not believing in Zeus. Faith only comes in belief, not non-belief, imo.

fail

http://beajoto.blogspot.com/2012/01/atheists-vs-christians.html

Deal with it.

[

You do that well enough on your own.

As to me. I am not an atheist.
I have to class myself as a religionist even as I generally agree with atheist against literalists and fundamentals.

Regards
DL
I would classify you as a very confused individual who needs medication.

fail

BEAImage: Atheists vs Christians

Deal with it.

:rofl:

was that supposed to mean something, idiot child?

Forum List

Back