What's With All These Russian Ads?

odanny

Diamond Member
May 7, 2017
Midwest - Trumplandia
I'm getting slammed with Russian ads on this site, one giant one across the bottom of my screen, and another in the top right. One was for a car, one has a picture of the sun, one has a young kid on a swingset, others are ads for banking (I can tell because they say '5.9%' I'm guessing that's interest) and some furniture?

I've never seen so many Russian ads before, this just started yesterday. Any idea why? Anyone else getting these?

I'm getting slammed with Russian ads on this site, one giant one across the bottom of my screen, and another in the top right. One was for a car, one has a picture of the sun, one has a young kid on a swingset, others are ads for banking (I can tell because they say '5.9%' I'm guessing that's interest) and some furniture?

I've never seen so many Russian ads before, this just started yesterday. Any idea why? Anyone else getting these?
Probably the Russian bots have figured out that you're a commie and have targeted you as a potential client.

No, comrade, no one else is getting them. It's related to your browsing history, you Soviet piece of shit.

If you are on Google and searching for something or looking at a website, many times Google uses that info to send you similar sites. Yesterday I went onto Amazon for some vitamins and today I am getting ads for the Amazon pharmacy.

Install Firefox as browser, with DuckDuckGo set as default search engine. Keep CCleaner on the desktop and run the scan and clean every time you get off the internet. This combination is efficient, effective and FREE. Problem solved.

Well, when 2/3 of the posters here get their news from Russian disinformation sites like RT, Epoch Times, Gateway Pundit and Sputnik, that's good targeted advertising. :D

Well, when 2/3 of the posters here get their news from Russian disinformation sites like RT, Epoch Times, Gateway Pundit and Sputnik, that's good targeted advertising. :D
The ads are not based on other website patrons, it is based on your browsing habits, so he could have Googled something about elections or but he went somewhere that caused Google to send him ads because so far no one else but him are getting Russian ads.

The ads you see are generated by the browser you are using and based on your browsing history. At some point you looked up something connected with Russia.

The ads are not based on other website patrons, it is based on your browsing habits, so he could have Googled something about elections or but he went somewhere that caused Google to send him ads because so far no one else but him are getting Russian ads.

I know that Papa - was teasing for the love of God :icon_rolleyes:

I don't do ads.

Forum List

Back