What's the real cost of gas in America?

Chris

Gold Member
May 30, 2008
When you include the tax breaks for the oil companies, the environment damage done by fossil fuels, and the trillions we spend in the Middle East protecting the oil supply with our military, the real cost of a gallon of gas is probably closer to $15.

If we switched to alternative energy and conservation, we wouldn't have all these additional costs.

What’s The Real Cost of Gas in America? | Dylan Ratigan

I keep hearing financial experts giving the go ahead for $4 gas.

they have already said it will not put the brakes on the economy.

These are the same experts that did not see the recession coming.

Great idea dumbfuck!

We have plenty of cars ready to run on solar power, wind power, nuclear power and even hydropower.

FYI....fossil fuels provide plenty of electricity to charge "green" cars.

You people are so fucking stupid it is amazing.

When you include the tax breaks for the oil companies, the environment damage done by fossil fuels, and the trillions we spend in the Middle East protecting the oil supply with our military, the real cost of a gallon of gas is probably closer to $15.

If we switched to alternative energy and conservation, we wouldn't have all these additional costs.

That's total bullshit.

Yeah, and if Sarah Silverman had balls, she'd be Daniel Tosh.

Either get over your ridiculous aversion to drilling domestically, or shut the fuck up about how expensive it is.

Artificially...

Steven Chu (Obama's Energy Secratary):

"Somehow we have to figure out how to boost the price of gasoline to the levels in Europe,"

This is true. Those costs have been "externalized" So Repub voters continue to believe the real (fake) cost should be closer to 99 cents .

First of all if we had the ability to get off gasoline we would.

Second electric cars spew more dangerous particles than the vapors of gasoline. We don't have a better power source yet.

But we will, because human beings are awesome and we will get our cake and eat it too.

Last edited:
Gas is up to $4.37 a gallon in my area of California...

I blame Obama/Democrat policies...

Of course you do.

Say, what policy of Obama makes the price of gas go up, even though there is an over-supply of oil at the moment.

Drilling would bring us more oil, true, but more than enough oil doesn't seem to be doing jack-shit to the price of oil at the moment, contrary to the laws of supply and demand.

I wonder why that is...

So the mining of the materials for, and the manufacture of, the batteries in electric cars doesn't do any damage to the environment, right Chris?

Oh, and I bet you think there is an environmentally safe way to dispose of them when their useful life is over, don't you?

Last edited:

So the mining of the materials for, and the manufacture of, the batteries in electric cars doesn't do any damage to the environment, right Chris?

Oh, and I bet you think there is an environmentally safe way to dispose of them when their useful life is over, don't you?

Just like CFL's when they are dropped...:eusa_whistle:

Do your part, stop posting on the internet, it wastes energy

Last edited:

This is true. Those costs have been "externalized" So Repub voters continue to believe the real (fake) cost should be closer to 99 cents .

Do your part, stop posting on the internet, it wastes energy

Last edited:
I believe it's fine if government gets involved with alternative energy sources at the Research and Development phase but once they start picking winners and losers, investing in particular companies, then, it's pretty obvious political corruption takes over.. example Solyndra (a pay-off to political Pals..)

I say let individuals and corporations decide when a product is profitable and put it on the market.. Government is far to corrupted to make an intelligent choice...

• Thanks
Reactions: mal
Libs tout electric cars, but then make it harder to produce electricity by stopping nuclear power plants, shutting down coal plants, etc.....all in the face of our national grid stretched to the max in the summer months.

So in the future you will have to choose either to plug in your car or have the lights on in your house....

I believe it's fine if government gets involved with alternative energy sources at the Research and Development phase but once they start picking winners and losers, investing in particular companies, then, it's pretty obvious political corruption takes over.. example Solyndra (a pay-off to political Pals..)

I say let individuals and corporations decide when a product is profitable and put it on the market.. Government is far to corrupted to make an intelligent choice...
As far as I'm concerned, the way the government has handled ethanol up to now should disqualify them from getting involved in energy R&D forevermore.

Unicorn farts, soy-vegan candles, bicycles, and rowboats will power the future!!!

UNICORN%2520RAINBOW.jpg

Forum List

Back