Whats The Plan ?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by NGSamson, Sep 4, 2011.

1. NGSamson

NGSamson Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +64
    Every one supports a candidate, and everyone has been slugging it out over who would and is doing better, so lets hear what the candidates will do specifically to fix the economy and create jobs. Cut them, and past them.

2. sparky

sparky VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +341
    [​IMG]

3. kyzr

kyzr Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +629
    Maybe you haven't seen DC in action lately. No candidate can do anything, because the opposition party can block (or demagogue) any plan you post.
    1. The GOP will not allow any more spending
    2. The dems will not accept any cuts in entitlements

So discussing "candidate's plans" is really naive. The plans should just include automatic cuts when the Debt Commission can't agree on anything this November.

4. sparky

sparky VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +341
    ?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LL9O0B0gzZE&feature=player_detailpage]Why Don't We Get Drunk and Screw? - YouTube[/ame]

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. Cuyo

Cuyo Training a Guineapig army

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +942
    Based on the context of your post, do you believe 'cuts in entitlements' will result in job creation? :eusa_eh:

6. NGSamson

NGSamson Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +64
    And the candidates and the president ? Some one has a plan. What is it ? Or are they all waiting for the other guy to go first ?

7. Immanuel

Immanuel Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,224
    I hate to tell you this, but you are wrong. Everyone does not support a candidate. I do not support any of the candidates that are currently in the running.

Personally, I think we should draft the president and anyone who wants to be President should be ineligible for the draft. By the way, I very much want to be President. ;)

Immie

8. NGSamson

NGSamson Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +64
    You are just crazy. I wouldn't touch that job with a ten foot pole. I to am disappointed with the candidates All the debate has been about what they have done. I want to hear what they plan to do. Have any of them put out a plan ?

9. Immanuel

Immanuel Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,224
    Here is a hint... go back and read what I said. Focus on the words, draft, wants, ineligible and then focus on what I want. If you really think about it, it will come to you. :eusa_whistle:

Immie

10. kyzr

kyzr Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +629
    The US borrows $0.43 of every dollar it spends/wastes. The DC whores need to cut spending (UN, foreign aid, subsidies, wars/defense, maybe a Department or two, tax loop-holes, go after off-shore tax evaders, etc.) and then look at fixing entitlements, (raise the age, start a "maximum lifetime benefit" like our insurances, and throw off all those who didn't pay in, etc)
    Then raise taxes as needed to cover spending, only after the Budget is trimmed as much as possible. Start with the "fair tax rate" as the minimum tax everyone pays, then it gets "progressive" for the big earners.

Job creation can only occur when the stupid workers can be re-trained successfully to do the jobs that are available. The drop-outs will never find jobs.

[two separate issues, fiscal sanity to balance the Budget, and workers apparently too stupid for the available jobs]

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1