What's the capital of Israel?

It's a sensitive issue, that Israel could easily defuse by giving the Palestinians E.Jerusalem. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

Yep, that will work. This can easily be demonstrated by the fact that every single time Israel has given land, or any other concession, to the Palestinians they responded by throwing huge parties that celebrate their new found friendship with Israel.

What land has been given? Palestinian land has been shrinking for years. It's hard to imagine them throwing a party, but throwing rocks is a totally different story when your own government will be in the line of fire.

No there is more to it than that. He talked about "our policy" WTF does that mean? He could have said Jerusalem, NEXT!!!!!!!! but he didnt, why?

Because ownership of Jerusalem is in dispute, dumbass, and we can't seeae being a fair broker if we take sides in that dispute.

Eventually, Israel is going to have to give parts of Jerusalem back to the Arabs.

Don't really see why they'd want to administer a Palestinian area and with the government just across town, it'd be easier to keep an eye on them.

Because, with the just across town, it would be easier for the Palestinians to lob missiles at them.

It's a sensitive issue, that Israel could easily defuse by giving the Palestinians E.Jerusalem. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

Yep, that will work. This can easily be demonstrated by the fact that every single time Israel has given land, or any other concession, to the Palestinians they responded by throwing huge parties that celebrate their new found friendship with Israel.

What land has been given? Palestinian land has been shrinking for years. It's hard to imagine them throwing a party, but throwing rocks is a totally different story when your own government will be in the line of fire.
:eusa_eh:
What's their capital? Currency? Trading partners?

No there is more to it than that. He talked about "our policy" WTF does that mean? He could have said Jerusalem, NEXT!!!!!!!! but he didnt, why?

Because ownership of Jerusalem is in dispute, dumbass, and we can't see being a fair broker if we take sides in that dispute.

Eventually, Israel is going to have to give parts of Jerusalem back to the Arabs.

You don't think the US should take sides in a dispute between a group of terrorists and a friendly ally?

US policy has been to be an "honest broker" through administrations of both parties.

What's your point? Until the late twentieth century Belarus, Slovenia, Slovakia and Moldova didn't have national capitals or currencies, either?

So the white house press guy doesn't want to answer completely pointless questions meant to disrupt a news conference? I don't blame him for ignoring the useless loudmouth twits in regards to their pointless question that seems to be way out of context. There comes a certain point when the person in the front just has to ignore the rabble and let them make the stupid assumptions they wish.

If only they ignored disruptive twats more often we might get something done.

Oh, and the only people who admitted to not knowing the capital was the woman who was playing a game and the loud guy next to her. If it was geography class and the teacher ignored the question there might be a point, but this is a damned white house press conference, and not a college class. Go back to your office and google it, don't waste the white houses time asking them for geography lessons.

You don't get the point, why am I not surprised?

She was not asking because she wanted to disrupt a news conference, she wanted an explanation of the official White House position on the capital of Israel. That is a politically loaded question because Israel claims Jerusalem is the capital, but the UN refuses to recognize it as such, they insist it is Tel Aviv. That is why Carney responded "Our position remains unchanged."

That is you geography lesson for the day.

By the way, Jay Carney's entire job is dealing with the press, even the twats. He gets paid to do it, and has absolutely nothing else to do. Him fielding stupid questions is not going to slow Obama down on anything he wants to do, including playing golf.

Nice to see someone on the left showing their usual respect for the female gender.

In that case this president holds the same position on recognizing the Capital of Israel as the every president since 1998.

And they were all wrong.

BTW, the point of my thread is that, for some reason, the White House does not actually want to say that.

What's your point? Until the late twentieth century Belarus, Slovenia, Slovakia and Moldova didn't have national capitals or currencies, either?

And wasn't Russia held in higher regard during that time?

Go read all the threads about this in the Middle East forum, this thread is about US policy, not stupid idiots who insists that facts are part of a conspiracy to deny Israel to Palestine.

In that case this president holds the same position on recognizing the Capital of Israel as the every president since 1998.

And they were all wrong.

BTW, the point of my thread is that, for some reason, the White House does not actually want to say that.

That would be stupid, starting an unnecessary controversy during a presidential campaign. It does nothing towards achieving the ultimate goal, peace.

Go read all the threads about this in the Middle East forum, this thread is about US policy, not stupid idiots who insists that facts are part of a conspiracy to deny Israel to Palestine.

You're the one that cited land being given. Don't try to blame it on others now. That's pretty slimy!!!

You're the one that cited land being given. Don't try to blame it on others now. That's pretty slimy!!!

You didn't argue that all Israel needs to achieve peace is give up half of Jerusalem?

You didn't argue that all Israel needs to achieve peace is give up half of Jerusalem?

You said land was GIVEN. PAST TENSE. Show me where. I was just suggesting a possibility, i.e. hasn't happened yet. Don't try and squirm out of this by claiming some sort of equivalency!

You are shitting me.

Unbelievable on several levels. Who knew the WH didn't know this fact?

And the WH is full of pussies - Obama being the premiere pussy - who cannot even take a stand on something.

This is not diplomacy - this is weakness and spitting in the face of one of our most strategic allies.

Awesome foreign policy, Obama. Awesome.

This Country is in deep shit !
$600b09201e1.jpg

$obama-46-virgin.jpg

You said land was GIVEN. PAST TENSE. Show me where. I was just suggesting a possibility, i.e. hasn't happened yet. Don't try and squirm out of this by claiming some sort of equivalency!

Land for peace - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Land for peace - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I know! Worked with Egypt. E.Jerusalem could be the new Sinai.

Forum List

Back