What's The Best Opening Act You've Ever Seen

IGetItAlready

Rookie
Jul 27, 2012
I'll get the ball rolling.

Saw Loudness open for Motley Crue back in the day.
The place was wall to wall hair and no shit, Akira Takasaki (spelling? ya think?) did a fucking back flip from the drum platform down to the main stage while soloing and didn't miss a lick!
:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Last edited:
I'll get the ball rolling.

Saw Loudness open for Motley Crue back in the day.
The place was wall to wall hair and no shit, Akira Takasaki (spelling? ya think?) did a fucking back flip from the drum platform down to the main stage while soloing and didn't miss a lick!
:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Thin Lizzy opening for Queen around 76......rocked the LA Forum down....called back for 2 encores ....did not think Queen would come out.....but they did with Tie Your Mother Down....and restored order.....

I'd have to sort through a couple hundred stubs to get my memory jogging.
First one that popped into my head was Frampton's Camel when they opened for a Trower-less Procol Harum. 1973. The kid was on fire.

Santana opend for Bad Company.. Back in the late 70's.

Then Bad Company came out.. All of them were way to high.. Santana came back out to join them and saved the night.

He was on fire back then... he's a bit older now. His playing has suffered. Brains says do this.. finger say I can't. He's still Carlos though.... a "10" in my book.

The best opening act that I have ever seen was on October 8, 1999. My most favorite male singer at the time got to open for Alan Jackson just 45 miles west of where I am and even though his voice isn't on the radio anymore, I still love him. His name is Shane Minor and songwriting is what you'll find him doing these days. :) :) :)

God bless you and him and AJ always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

Way back when, I saw a band called Black Oak Arkansas open up for Black Sabbath.

Back in 1973 I went to the Orlando Sports Stadium to see Humble Pie. The opening act was The J.Guiles Band.

Stunning show! I've never seen a better performance since and I've seen a lot of performances.

Santana opend for Bad Company.. Back in the late 70's.

Then Bad Company came out.. All of them were way to high.. Santana came back out to join them and saved the night.

He was on fire back then... he's a bit older now. His playing has suffered. Brains says do this.. finger say I can't. He's still Carlos though.... a "10" in my book.

I saw Santana or what they were calling Santana 2 years ago at the Hard Rock in Vegas, I walked out yelling FUCK YOU CARLOS flipping him off in the aisle. Not only a racist he is stupid enough to alienate a large percentage of his audience every time he opens his mouth.
I was a big fan.....I saw the best version of the band in 1971, Neal Schon had just joined the original guys and they were phenomenal. I continued to go to his concerts as the best musicians left him and new ones would replace them.......Carlos had really started believing his press and felt he was the band and everyone else was expendable. I've seen different versions of Santana 12 times......I have almost all of his albums in vinyl, cassette and cd.
He was great before, Neal Schon plays circles around him, did that when he was 17........ but Carlos is not a great guitarist anymore, his band was awful at the Hard Rock and they couldn't even get the sound mixed to the airplane hanger like hall. One hundred bucks that they refused to refund, he and ticket master will never get another penny from me again.

never heard of them

thats because all you know is the Beatles......here let me be the one to introduce you to a band other than the Beatles

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siMFORx8uO8]Free - All Right Now - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw Tracy Chapman open for Sting and Springsteen at Human Rights Now! she was amazing.

I also saw Rachel Sweet open for Southside Johnny at Wollman Skating Rink, 1980

My cousin saw a guy named Springsteen open for Chicago. Said he blew everyone away.

Forum List

Back