What's racist?

The negative aspect of the word is what is racist. It enhances racist systems like slavery and Jim Crow by lending psychological credence to the conscious reflections of hate and loathing towards Black people. Close your eyes and picture a drug dealer. Studies show that whiles are actually more apt to be drug dealers than Black people

Did your experiment --- cross my heart --- I saw Columbians and Mexicans. Whatz that mean?
:eek:

You are racist against hispanics. :lol:

segregation2.jpg

Dam --- I just got to see a LOT of people when I think "drug dealer".. I might need some drugs to accomplish that.. Where's Juan Pablo tonight?

This video is a great parody on the perception of racism

It makes me LMAO every time I see it

-Geaux

[youtube]AbULBAjstBA[/youtube]

Things that may have been perfectly okay to say or do in the past may be considered racist today. I can't seen to keep up. So I'm hoping the USMB community will help me compile a list that I can check from time to time to help me avoid being a racist. I will start the tread with an easy one.

1. Don't call anyone a ****** (unless you are black and change the "er" to "a")

Thats a good rule. I am often amused when white people complain about this one.

If I am around blacks calling each other "nigga", I may just slip up and do it myself.

Things that may have been perfectly okay to say or do in the past may be considered racist today. I can't seen to keep up. So I'm hoping the USMB community will help me compile a list that I can check from time to time to help me avoid being a racist. I will start the tread with an easy one.

Why do you find this amusing?

When i was a kid someone had me look up the word Black. It had all the worst words like evil, vile, repulsive, etc. I then was told to look up white and it had words like pure, innocent, square dealing etc. Looks like that has been changed in most dictionaries. However, this is where the claims of racism come from. There is no question the definitions were racist aspects of the American culture. Black Friday is a weird one as it actually has a positive meaning.

Translation: Objectivity = Racist. In fact, anything objective cannot be racist. Those definitions are objective terms. To change them would be to ignore reality.

Last edited:

If I am around blacks calling each other "nigga", I may just slip up and do it myself.

Why? If I am around whites calling each other "honkie" i wouldn't slip up and do it myself.

Why do you find this amusing?

Because it reminds me of a spoiled brat complaining.

Okay, I'm adding the word "Thug" to the list. Calling a black person a thug is racist.

Why? If I am around whites calling each other "honkie" i wouldn't slip up and do it myself.

And if whites were calling each other honkie, they would not have the expectation that you should not.

I dont care what expectation whites would have. I am only concerned with my behavior. i dont feel like I am being deprived by not calling them "honkie" just because someone else can get away with it. White entitlement.

In the real estate market if you are an agent when walking a potential buyer through the home you can't
say "Master Bedroom"....

You have to say....

The biggest bedroom in da house Yo!

Or something to that effect.

In the real estate market if you are an agent when walking a potential buyer through the home you can't
say "Master Bedroom"....

You have to say....

I buy homes and everyone always says master bedroom. Only someone wishing to lose out on their full commission would do something as stupid as your suggestion.

say "Master Bedroom"....

You have to say....

Reality says your victim mentality is wrong bub

Last edited:
There was at least one story that said to say Master Bedroom brought back images of slavery in which the owner of the big house "Masser" slept in the Master Bedroom and blacks in todays time felt was offensive...

He this isn't me bitching about it....
Black people now find this reference to be in poor taste.

Many institutions have urged their workforce to be mindful of “gender bias” in language. The Learning and Skills Council wants staff to “perfect” their brief rather than “master” it, while the Newcastle University has singled out the phrase “master bedroom” as being problematic.

Everyday Phrases Are Now ?Offensive? | Sweetness & Light

Forum List

Back