What's next after Obama's Olympic Humiliation?

What's next after Obama's Olympic Humiliation?

• Go back to school to learn how a real executive operates

Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Talk to school kids, the younger the better

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Listen to his past speeches

Votes: 10 40.0%

• Total voters
Actually it seems to me it's more in the line of chortling over the fact that our alphabet soup media group can't seem to note that Obama really can't walk on water after all.

Sorry, but that was that is not the speech Obambi gave in Copenhagen. Who's the ASSHOLE now?? :lol:
HERE is his Copenhagen speech.
THE PRESIDENT: President Rogge, ladies and gentlemen of the International Olympic Committee:

I come here today as a passionate supporter of the Olympic and Paralympic Games; as a strong believer in the movement they represent; and as a proud Chicagoan. But above all, I come as a faithful representative of the American people, and we look forward to welcoming the world to the shores of Lake Michigan and the heartland of our nation in 2016.

To host athletes and visitors from every corner of the globe is a high honor and a great responsibility. And America is ready and eager to assume that sacred trust. We're a nation that has always opened its arms to the citizens of the world -- including my own father from the African continent -- people who have sought something better; who have dreamed of something bigger.

I know you face a difficult choice among several great cities and nations with impressive bids of their own. So I've come here today to urge you to choose Chicago for the same reason I chose Chicago nearly 25 years ago -- the reason I fell in love with the city I still call home. And it's not just because it's where I met the woman you just heard from -- although after getting to know her this week, I know you'll all agree that she's a pretty big selling point for the city.

You see, growing up, my family moved around a lot. I was born in Hawaii. I lived in Indonesia for a time. I never really had roots in any one place or culture or ethnic group. And then I came to Chicago. And on those Chicago streets, I worked alongside men and women who were black and white; Latino and Asian; people of every class and nationality and religion. I came to discover that Chicago is that most American of American cities, but one where citizens from more than 130 nations inhabit a rich tapestry of distinctive neighborhoods.

Each one of those neighborhoods -- from Greektown to the Ukrainian Village; from Devon to Pilsen to Washington Park -- has its own unique character, its own unique history, its songs, its language. But each is also part of our city -- one city -- a city where I finally found a home.

Chicago is a place where we strive to celebrate what makes us different just as we celebrate what we have in common. It's a place where our unity is on colorful display at so many festivals and parades, and especially sporting events, where perfect strangers become fast friends just because they're wearing the same jersey. It's a city that works -- from its first World's Fair more than a century ago to the World Cup we hosted in the nineties, we know how to put on big events. And scores of visitors and spectators will tell you that we do it well.

Chicago is a city where the practical and the inspirational exist in harmony; where visionaries who made no small plans rebuilt after a great fire and taught the world to reach new heights. It's a bustling metropolis with the warmth of a small town; where the world already comes together every day to live and work and reach for a dream -- a dream that no matter who we are, where we come from; no matter what we look like or what hand life has dealt us; with hard work, and discipline, and dedication, we can make it if we try.

That's not just the American Dream. That is the Olympic spirit. It's the essence of the Olympic spirit. That's why we see so much of ourselves in these Games. That's why we want them in Chicago. That's why we want them in America.

We stand at a moment in history when the fate of each nation is inextricably linked to the fate of all nations -- a time of common challenges that require common effort. And I ran for President because I believed deeply that at this defining moment, the United States of America has a responsibility to help in that effort, to forge new partnerships with the nations and the peoples of the world.

No one expects the Games to solve all our collective challenges. But what we do believe -- what each and every one of you believe and what all of the Chicago delegation believes -- is that in a world where we've all too often witnessed the darker aspects of our humanity, peaceful competition between nations represents what's best about our humanity. It brings us together, if only for a few weeks, face to face. It helps us understand one another just a little bit better. It reminds us that no matter how or where we differ, we all seek our own measure of happiness, and fulfillment, and pride in what we do. That's a very powerful starting point for progress.

Nearly one year ago, on a clear November night, people from every corner of the world gathered in the city of Chicago or in front of their televisions to watch the results of the U.S. Presidential election. Their interest wasn't about me as an individual. Rather, it was rooted in the belief that America's experiment in democracy still speaks to a set of universal aspirations and ideals. Their interest sprung from the hope that in this ever-shrinking world, our diversity could be a source of strength, a cause for celebration; and that with sustained work and determination, we could learn to live and prosper together during the fleeting moment we share on this Earth.

Now, that work is far from over, but it has begun in earnest. And while we do not know what the next few years will bring, there is nothing I would like more than to step just a few blocks from my family's home, with Michelle and our two girls, and welcome the world back into our neighborhood.

At the beginning of this new century, the nation that has been shaped by people from around the world wants a chance to inspire it once more; to ignite the spirit of possibility at the heart of the Olympic and Paralympic movement in a new generation; to offer a stage worthy of the extraordinary talent and dynamism offered by nations joined together -- to host games that unite us in noble competition and shared celebration of our limitless potential as a people.

And so I urge you to choose Chicago. I urge you to choose America. And if you do, if we walk this path together, then I promise you this: The city of Chicago and the United States of America will make the world proud. Thank you so much. (Applause.)

Read more at: President Obama, Michelle Obama's 2016 Olympics Speeches: Full Transcript
I, I , I , I , me ,my I Me my I me my I me my....

all about his ego.

Face it folks, Obama the egomaniac shit the bed. HE went to Copenhagen and talked about how wonderful HE was. How happy HE'd be if Chicago was picked. How happy HIS daughters would be. Well folks, HE shit the bed. HE is a bed shitter, no depends about it. :lol:

Hey, ASSHOLE -- Here's the text of his speech, only two paragraphs of which did he talk about HIS Chicago roots.

Full Text of Obama Olympics Speech

Thank you, everybody. Thank you. It is true that I always wanted to fence and I thought that would be cool. So I might get a couple tips from you guys.

Now you see one of the reasons that I love Chicago so much. It's the city where I met the woman I love.

Sixteen days away -- we're just 16 days away from the deciding vote on which world city will host the 2016 Olympic and Paralympic Games.

So let's get right down to business here: The United States is eager to welcome the world to our shores. This nation would be honored to host the 2016 Olympic and Paralympic Games and to serve as host to thousands of athletes and millions of visitors from around the world. And within this great country of ours, there is no better city than that than Chicago, Illinois.

Now, I may live in Washington these days. I love Washington, D.C. And our house here is a little bigger than the one we got in Chicago. (Laughter.) But I've called Chicago home for nearly 25 years. It's a city of broad shoulders and big hearts and bold dreams; a city of legendary sports figures, legendary sports venues, and legendary sports fans; a city like America itself, where the world -- the world's races and religions and nationalities come together and reach for the dream that brought them here.

In Chicago, old and new exist in harmony. It's a city rooted in an industrial past that laid this nation's railroads, forged this nation's steel, rebuilt itself after a great fire, and reversed the course of a mighty river. And it's also a city of bustle and gleaming promise that Mayor Daley has pledged to make the greenest in America. And that's why I think that one of the most exciting parts of the Olympic and Paralympic Games is that all of the plans being made in Chicago exist within minutes of the city center; easily accessible to commerce and culture, parkland and water -- because we don't want these venues to be far-flung, all over the place. We want to host these Games where we live and work and play.

We want them in the heart of our proud city -- the city that opened the way westward in the 19th century, that showed the way skyward in the 20th century, and that is leading the way forward in the 21st century. So Chicago is ready. The American people are ready. We want these Games. We want them.

The Olympic and Paralympic Games, they hold a special place in our psyche. They lift us up. They bind us together. They're the sources of fleeting moments -- instants, really -- that have become permanently seared in our collective memories: The humble victory of Jesse Owens. The perfection of Nadia and Mary Lou. Michael Johnson's astonishment at his own feat. Derek Redmond and Kerri Strug bravely making it through with a little help. Jean Driscoll racing her wheelchair to gold after gold, be it over 100 meters or 26.2 miles. Moments of euphoria after years of hard work, and moments when the human spirit triumphed over injury that should have been impossible to overcome. Moments of a team's shared glory, and moments of lonely disappointment despite one's best efforts. Countless moments we live and relive again and again, silently and subconsciously, nodding yes, we do believe in miracles.

We find ourselves riveted by the Games. Because even as we cheer, even as we live and die for each point or each tenth of a second, what we see reflected in the Olympic and Paralympic Games are simple truths of our common humanity; and that no matter who you are, where you're from, or what you look like, with hard work and dedication and discipline you can achieve your dreams. You can make it if you try.

What we see is that although we may come from vastly different stories and very different walks of life, we are one people who possess common values and common ideals; who celebrate individual excellence but also share a recognition that together, we can accomplish great and wonderful things we can't accomplish alone.

It's the stuff from which our young nation was forged, and it is a set of timeless values that serves as the underpinnings of the Olympic spirit. And so the United States of America does more than just stand behind the Olympic and Paralympic Games -- we stand behind their ideals.

And that's why we've created the first ever Office of Olympic, Paralympic, and Youth Sport right here in the White House. (Applause.) Now, this office does the work of coordinating with federal agencies to support and promote Olympic and Paralympic Games, but it also works to support and promote the Olympic spirit. We've been working hand in hand with Chicago 2016, the United States Olympic Committee, Olympians and Paralympians -- some of whom have joined us here today -- to get our young Americans active and involved in sports, because we want to do more than just bring the Olympic Games to America -- we want them to create a lasting legacy here in America.

I want to thank the members of the International Olympic Committee for their dedication to the Olympic and Paralympic movement and the values it represents. I am confident that they'll find no greater partners than the City of Chicago and the American people to fuel this movement, to ignite it in new generations, and to inspire the world in 2016 with magnificent Games that bring this world together in noble competition and shared celebration of our common humanity.

The energy, excitement, and enthusiasm on display at the White House here today, these aren't new. The folks gathered here this afternoon have had the Olympic spirit blazing within them for years, working tirelessly to bring these Games to the city and the country we love. And, I promise you, we are fired up about this.

I would make the case in Copenhagen personally, if I weren't so firmly committed to making -- making real the promise of quality, affordable health care for every American. But the good news is I'm sending a more compelling superstar to represent the city and country we love, and that is our First Lady, Michelle Obama. (Applause.) She's going because she and I share the conviction that bringing the Games to the United States isn't just important for the city, but for the American people. And I'm confident she, and my senior advisor and Director of the White House Office of Olympic, Paralympic, and Youth Sport, Valerie Jarrett, will represent the American people well.

Our nation, from the local to the national level, is committed to the success of these Games. The Chicago City Council unanimously supports this bid. Both Houses of the United States Congress support this bid. I support this bid. And on behalf of the nearly 20,000 volunteers, the more than 1 million who've already signed up in support, and all who've already taken up this cause and made it their own -- first as the cause of the city, and now the cause of a nation -- the United States supports this bid.

Americans, like Chicagoans -- we don't like to make small plans. We want to dream big and reach high. We hope deeply. We want these Games. And if you choose Chicago, I promise you this: Chicago will make America proud, and America will make the world proud.

So as I said when we first were announcing this bid in Chicago, let the Games begin right here in the United States of America. Thank you.
Like I said, it's all about him.

Sorry, but that was that is not the speech Obambi gave in Copenhagen. Who's the ASSHOLE now?? :lol:
HERE is his Copenhagen speech.
THE PRESIDENT: President Rogge, ladies and gentlemen of the International Olympic Committee:

I come here today as a passionate supporter of the Olympic and Paralympic Games; as a strong believer in the movement they represent; and as a proud Chicagoan. But above all, I come as a faithful representative of the American people, and we look forward to welcoming the world to the shores of Lake Michigan and the heartland of our nation in 2016.

To host athletes and visitors from every corner of the globe is a high honor and a great responsibility. And America is ready and eager to assume that sacred trust. We're a nation that has always opened its arms to the citizens of the world -- including my own father from the African continent -- people who have sought something better; who have dreamed of something bigger.

I know you face a difficult choice among several great cities and nations with impressive bids of their own. So I've come here today to urge you to choose Chicago for the same reason I chose Chicago nearly 25 years ago -- the reason I fell in love with the city I still call home. And it's not just because it's where I met the woman you just heard from -- although after getting to know her this week, I know you'll all agree that she's a pretty big selling point for the city.

You see, growing up, my family moved around a lot. I was born in Hawaii. I lived in Indonesia for a time. I never really had roots in any one place or culture or ethnic group. And then I came to Chicago. And on those Chicago streets, I worked alongside men and women who were black and white; Latino and Asian; people of every class and nationality and religion. I came to discover that Chicago is that most American of American cities, but one where citizens from more than 130 nations inhabit a rich tapestry of distinctive neighborhoods.

Each one of those neighborhoods -- from Greektown to the Ukrainian Village; from Devon to Pilsen to Washington Park -- has its own unique character, its own unique history, its songs, its language. But each is also part of our city -- one city -- a city where I finally found a home.

Chicago is a place where we strive to celebrate what makes us different just as we celebrate what we have in common. It's a place where our unity is on colorful display at so many festivals and parades, and especially sporting events, where perfect strangers become fast friends just because they're wearing the same jersey. It's a city that works -- from its first World's Fair more than a century ago to the World Cup we hosted in the nineties, we know how to put on big events. And scores of visitors and spectators will tell you that we do it well.

Chicago is a city where the practical and the inspirational exist in harmony; where visionaries who made no small plans rebuilt after a great fire and taught the world to reach new heights. It's a bustling metropolis with the warmth of a small town; where the world already comes together every day to live and work and reach for a dream -- a dream that no matter who we are, where we come from; no matter what we look like or what hand life has dealt us; with hard work, and discipline, and dedication, we can make it if we try.

That's not just the American Dream. That is the Olympic spirit. It's the essence of the Olympic spirit. That's why we see so much of ourselves in these Games. That's why we want them in Chicago. That's why we want them in America.

We stand at a moment in history when the fate of each nation is inextricably linked to the fate of all nations -- a time of common challenges that require common effort. And I ran for President because I believed deeply that at this defining moment, the United States of America has a responsibility to help in that effort, to forge new partnerships with the nations and the peoples of the world.

No one expects the Games to solve all our collective challenges. But what we do believe -- what each and every one of you believe and what all of the Chicago delegation believes -- is that in a world where we've all too often witnessed the darker aspects of our humanity, peaceful competition between nations represents what's best about our humanity. It brings us together, if only for a few weeks, face to face. It helps us understand one another just a little bit better. It reminds us that no matter how or where we differ, we all seek our own measure of happiness, and fulfillment, and pride in what we do. That's a very powerful starting point for progress.

Nearly one year ago, on a clear November night, people from every corner of the world gathered in the city of Chicago or in front of their televisions to watch the results of the U.S. Presidential election. Their interest wasn't about me as an individual. Rather, it was rooted in the belief that America's experiment in democracy still speaks to a set of universal aspirations and ideals. Their interest sprung from the hope that in this ever-shrinking world, our diversity could be a source of strength, a cause for celebration; and that with sustained work and determination, we could learn to live and prosper together during the fleeting moment we share on this Earth.

Now, that work is far from over, but it has begun in earnest. And while we do not know what the next few years will bring, there is nothing I would like more than to step just a few blocks from my family's home, with Michelle and our two girls, and welcome the world back into our neighborhood.

At the beginning of this new century, the nation that has been shaped by people from around the world wants a chance to inspire it once more; to ignite the spirit of possibility at the heart of the Olympic and Paralympic movement in a new generation; to offer a stage worthy of the extraordinary talent and dynamism offered by nations joined together -- to host games that unite us in noble competition and shared celebration of our limitless potential as a people.

And so I urge you to choose Chicago. I urge you to choose America. And if you do, if we walk this path together, then I promise you this: The city of Chicago and the United States of America will make the world proud. Thank you so much. (Applause.)

Read more at: President Obama, Michelle Obama's 2016 Olympics Speeches: Full Transcript
I, I , I , I , me ,my I Me my I me my I me my....

all about his ego.

Face it folks, Obama the egomaniac shit the bed. HE went to Copenhagen and talked about how wonderful HE was. How happy HE'd be if Chicago was picked. How happy HIS daughters would be. Well folks, HE shit the bed. HE is a bed shitter, no depends about it. :lol:

Hey, ASSHOLE -- Here's the text of his speech, only two paragraphs of which did he talk about HIS Chicago roots.

Full Text of Obama Olympics Speech

Thank you, everybody. Thank you. It is true that I always wanted to fence and I thought that would be cool. So I might get a couple tips from you guys.

Now you see one of the reasons that I love Chicago so much. It's the city where I met the woman I love.

Sixteen days away -- we're just 16 days away from the deciding vote on which world city will host the 2016 Olympic and Paralympic Games.

So let's get right down to business here: The United States is eager to welcome the world to our shores. This nation would be honored to host the 2016 Olympic and Paralympic Games and to serve as host to thousands of athletes and millions of visitors from around the world. And within this great country of ours, there is no better city than that than Chicago, Illinois.

Now, I may live in Washington these days. I love Washington, D.C. And our house here is a little bigger than the one we got in Chicago. (Laughter.) But I've called Chicago home for nearly 25 years. It's a city of broad shoulders and big hearts and bold dreams; a city of legendary sports figures, legendary sports venues, and legendary sports fans; a city like America itself, where the world -- the world's races and religions and nationalities come together and reach for the dream that brought them here.

In Chicago, old and new exist in harmony. It's a city rooted in an industrial past that laid this nation's railroads, forged this nation's steel, rebuilt itself after a great fire, and reversed the course of a mighty river. And it's also a city of bustle and gleaming promise that Mayor Daley has pledged to make the greenest in America. And that's why I think that one of the most exciting parts of the Olympic and Paralympic Games is that all of the plans being made in Chicago exist within minutes of the city center; easily accessible to commerce and culture, parkland and water -- because we don't want these venues to be far-flung, all over the place. We want to host these Games where we live and work and play.

We want them in the heart of our proud city -- the city that opened the way westward in the 19th century, that showed the way skyward in the 20th century, and that is leading the way forward in the 21st century. So Chicago is ready. The American people are ready. We want these Games. We want them.

The Olympic and Paralympic Games, they hold a special place in our psyche. They lift us up. They bind us together. They're the sources of fleeting moments -- instants, really -- that have become permanently seared in our collective memories: The humble victory of Jesse Owens. The perfection of Nadia and Mary Lou. Michael Johnson's astonishment at his own feat. Derek Redmond and Kerri Strug bravely making it through with a little help. Jean Driscoll racing her wheelchair to gold after gold, be it over 100 meters or 26.2 miles. Moments of euphoria after years of hard work, and moments when the human spirit triumphed over injury that should have been impossible to overcome. Moments of a team's shared glory, and moments of lonely disappointment despite one's best efforts. Countless moments we live and relive again and again, silently and subconsciously, nodding yes, we do believe in miracles.

We find ourselves riveted by the Games. Because even as we cheer, even as we live and die for each point or each tenth of a second, what we see reflected in the Olympic and Paralympic Games are simple truths of our common humanity; and that no matter who you are, where you're from, or what you look like, with hard work and dedication and discipline you can achieve your dreams. You can make it if you try.

What we see is that although we may come from vastly different stories and very different walks of life, we are one people who possess common values and common ideals; who celebrate individual excellence but also share a recognition that together, we can accomplish great and wonderful things we can't accomplish alone.

It's the stuff from which our young nation was forged, and it is a set of timeless values that serves as the underpinnings of the Olympic spirit. And so the United States of America does more than just stand behind the Olympic and Paralympic Games -- we stand behind their ideals.

And that's why we've created the first ever Office of Olympic, Paralympic, and Youth Sport right here in the White House. (Applause.) Now, this office does the work of coordinating with federal agencies to support and promote Olympic and Paralympic Games, but it also works to support and promote the Olympic spirit. We've been working hand in hand with Chicago 2016, the United States Olympic Committee, Olympians and Paralympians -- some of whom have joined us here today -- to get our young Americans active and involved in sports, because we want to do more than just bring the Olympic Games to America -- we want them to create a lasting legacy here in America.

I want to thank the members of the International Olympic Committee for their dedication to the Olympic and Paralympic movement and the values it represents. I am confident that they'll find no greater partners than the City of Chicago and the American people to fuel this movement, to ignite it in new generations, and to inspire the world in 2016 with magnificent Games that bring this world together in noble competition and shared celebration of our common humanity.

The energy, excitement, and enthusiasm on display at the White House here today, these aren't new. The folks gathered here this afternoon have had the Olympic spirit blazing within them for years, working tirelessly to bring these Games to the city and the country we love. And, I promise you, we are fired up about this.

I would make the case in Copenhagen personally, if I weren't so firmly committed to making -- making real the promise of quality, affordable health care for every American. But the good news is I'm sending a more compelling superstar to represent the city and country we love, and that is our First Lady, Michelle Obama. (Applause.) She's going because she and I share the conviction that bringing the Games to the United States isn't just important for the city, but for the American people. And I'm confident she, and my senior advisor and Director of the White House Office of Olympic, Paralympic, and Youth Sport, Valerie Jarrett, will represent the American people well.

Our nation, from the local to the national level, is committed to the success of these Games. The Chicago City Council unanimously supports this bid. Both Houses of the United States Congress support this bid. I support this bid. And on behalf of the nearly 20,000 volunteers, the more than 1 million who've already signed up in support, and all who've already taken up this cause and made it their own -- first as the cause of the city, and now the cause of a nation -- the United States supports this bid.

Americans, like Chicagoans -- we don't like to make small plans. We want to dream big and reach high. We hope deeply. We want these Games. And if you choose Chicago, I promise you this: Chicago will make America proud, and America will make the world proud.

So as I said when we first were announcing this bid in Chicago, let the Games begin right here in the United States of America. Thank you.
Like I said, it's all about him.

Indeed. Obama is a PETULANT Two-Year-Old with an EGO the size of MARS.

he should have stayed out of it
and i would have said the same thing had Bush done such a dumb thing
or Clinton, or Bush 41, or Reagan, or Carter, or Ford, or Nixon
get the point yet

Exactly. We have comittees that are HIRED for this job. Thus the entrance of Barack, Michelle, and the 'O'...They should have stayed out of it.

Obama in the effort to upstage those already paid to do so speaks to this.

Yes there are committees but I still don't see why, if asked, Obama should have stayed out of it. He represents the U.S and is from Chicago and he most certainly is high profile. Why not do it?

with all the stuff on his plate Bo he should not be concerned about a sporting event that will last 2 weeks and create some temporary jobs,and probably leaving Chicago more in debt then what they are........i liken this to Congress getting involved in the Baseball Steroids issue.....its not their place.....AND if this was LA,Denver,Seattle,Miami....would he have done the same?.....just wonderin.....

of course, he can do no wrong in your eyes

:rolleyes: nevermind

Oh, he's done some wrong things. But this is not one of them. I see nothing wrong with him trying to get the Olympics for his hometown and HIS COUNTRY.

There's plenty on this board who would, if given a choice, would rather see an American failure than Obama succeed in something. And that's a very interesting thing to watch.

Be assured that if president Obama hadn't gone and Chicago would've lost the right would have come up with just as idiotic a talking point to slam him for that.

yea kinda like when Bush was President....everything he did good or bad someone slammed him....i see what your saying....

Agreed. And right now isn't the time to be adding to any debt to this Country, State, or Town/City until it is corrected, despite the 'Prestige' it might bring to that entity that would HOST the venue.

We have larger problems. And this is MY problem with Obama going to try to bring it to Chicago...and I'd say it about ANY city he tried to bring it to.

Thing is. *WE* cannot afford it until OUR HOUSE collectively is in ORDER no matter WHERE it would be held.

I don't think Chicago should of gotten the Olympics if you want my honest opinion. However, some people on this board today have been ridiculous about this topic. It also goes beyond the Olympics, it's more about Obama than the Olympics at this point to those same people.

Yeah, all those that agree with your honest opinion are also racists, right?

actually, it seems that obama went to copenhagen to talk to general crystal at a "face to face" about afghanistan. i suspect that even though obama did talk with the committee about the olympics, he wanted to keep a low profile about his meeting with general crystal.

The olympics brought hefty profits at los angeles and atlanta. Big cities already have the facilities to host such an event. It means jobs for americans and money coming into the country.

Can't figure out why republicans are so anti-american. They want the president to fail. They want sick people to "die quickly". They want to destroy the middle class. They only care about the rich even when most aren't and the rich move our jobs overseas. Are they stupid, 'tarded, anti american or all three?

white house says obama's meeting with his top commander in afghanistan proves productive - wdaf
lol!

Stupid.

of course he went to copenhagen to meet general mcchrystal.

and the great pumpkin is bringing all the good boys and girls treats on halloween!

you'd best get out to the pumpkin patch now and get a good seat. hurry!!!
:rofl:

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
And Brazil is a third world country, and Tokyo has the population and size of California. Good comparison..... NOT.

i hate to tell you this gary....but Tokyo does not have the same size or population of California....you meant Japan ...right?....:lol:

Political partisanship demonizes whoever the President is at the time.

Robert Welch Robert Welch of the John Birch Society, for instance, tried to link President Eisenhower with communism. "Mainstream Republicans such as William F. Buckley, Jr., and Russell Kirk grew increasingly unhappy with the society after Welch circulated a letter calling President Dwight D. Eisenhower a possible 'conscious, dedicated agent of the Communist Conspiracy.'[24] The controversial paragraph was removed before final publication of The Politician.[25] Welch also wrote that President Franklin D. Roosevelt knew about the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor in advance, but said nothing because he wanted to get the U.S. involved in World War II.[26]" John Birch Society - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Several of the farrightoid wingnuts here on the forum are in the Robert Welch/JBS class of screwballs, in my opinion.

Yeah, all those that agree with your honest opinion are also racists, right?

:rolleyes:

Chicago nor Rio should of received the Olympics. Both have horrible crime rates and can't even begin to handle the Olympics. I personally believe it should of went to Tokyo.

of course he went to copenhagen to meet general mcchrystal.

and the great pumpkin is bringing all the good boys and girls treats on halloween!

you'd best get out to the pumpkin patch now and get a good seat. hurry!!!
:rofl:
twit

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAzACHbW0tI]YouTube - It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown - Pumpkin[/ame]

Gee Whiz Charlie Brown! Reminds me of Lucy holding out the football and taking it away at the last moment. :lol:

Oh, he's done some wrong things. But this is not one of them. I see nothing wrong with him trying to get the Olympics for his hometown and HIS COUNTRY.

There's plenty on this board who would, if given a choice, would rather see an American failure than Obama succeed in something. And that's a very interesting thing to watch.

Be assured that if president Obama hadn't gone and Chicago would've lost the right would have come up with just as idiotic a talking point to slam him for that.

yea kinda like when Bush was President....everything he did good or bad someone slammed him....i see what your saying....

Interesting..."Lost the 'right'? Hosting an event is a RIGHT now?

Hmmmm..........

Perhaps the greatest loser of this affair has been the mainstream media - once again showing its blatant in-the-tank attitude toward Obama. The media was stunned at Obama's Olympics failure

They are in the tank for America!!
Jeez, you're thick.
Remember the old day...when you used to root for your country?!?!
Why do you have to make everything about Obama?
Our president took a 1 day trip to lobby for his home town (in America) to get the games.
Along with many other reps from around the world, btw.
And they decided to go with Rio. Awesome for Brazil.
Why is it such a tragic and shameful defeat for Obama? BFD.

Perhaps the greatest loser of this affair has been the mainstream media - once again showing its blatant in-the-tank attitude toward Obama. The media was stunned at Obama's Olympics failure

Jeez, you're thick.
Our president took a 1 day trip to lobby for his home town (in America) to get the games.

Wake up. It was an ATTEMPT to payback his CRONIES for their Support in Chicago...for MANY stood to Win a WINDFALL of $$$ if it were to come to Chicago.

So WAKE UP. Obama in this regard was PHONEY in his attempt. It wasn't about AMERICA...it was PAYBACK...as he did to Unions and the Car companies, and the INTENT for Healthcare.

Give it up. Obama is corrupt as the day is LONG.

What I heard on the TV tonight (Fox of course) but don't ask me who said it. was that the 2016 Olympics in Chicago was supposed to be the Cherry on the cake ending obamalama's 2nd term. My my my oh my. When I stop and think about it, it all makes sense although I for one hope there isn't a second term. I'm praying America makes it through the first.

Jeez, you're thick.

Wake up. It was an ATTEMPT to payback his CRONIES for their Support in Chicago...for MANY stood to Win a WINDFALL of $$$ if it were to come to Chicago.

So WAKE UP. Obama in this regard was PHONEY in his attempt. It wasn't about AMERICA...it was PAYBACK...as he did to Unions and the Car companies, and the INTENT for Healthcare.

Give it up. Obama is corrupt as the day is LONG.

Oh Really.......?
What was it when W met with the Chicago 2016 Olympic committee and spoke about how great it would be??
Not everything's a big Obama conspiracy.

News Flash: Obama's funding cures Cancer, Republicans call it "wasteful spending".

What am I trying to get across by saying that? Obama is damned if he do or doesn't. It doesn't matter if he succeeded or failed in this situation, Republicans and Fox News had their talking points on standby. I'm sure we would be hearing about how much Chicago and America is going to be ruined because of these Olympics if we had actually won.
more partisan BULLSHIT yet you get upset when called on it

go figure

Forum List

Back