What's more immoral to you, marriage by family members or gay marriage?

Which is worse to you, cousin marriage or gay marriage.

• I find cousin marriage to be worse than gay marriage

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • I find gay marriage to be worse than cousin marriage

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • I have no issue with either.

Votes: 9 40.9%

• Total voters
The adults choosing to freely engaging in that contract.

in other words, there's no such thing as marriage...

mmmkay.

That's like saying there would be no such thing as apples if government didn't tell us what apples are. mmmkay???

you're saying that marriage, which most people see as something spiritual, if not religious, is a matter of contract. that isn't marriage. it's a business arrangement.

maybe the issue of marriage being a fundamental right is too confusing to you?

Exactly my point. Government can provide the court system to settle any contractual disputes, be it for a marriage or the merging of two giant corporations. However, the "legal rights and obligations" of which you speak are simply examples of government meddling in personal relationships. There need be NO rights and obligations outside of the contract into which two consenting adults entered and government need not be involved at all except to provide a civil legal system to help to settle any contractual disputes.

If you wanted to avoid government intervention you can make up your own contract between you and your significant other, and the only time the government would intervene is if you disputed the contract in court. You can probably even call it marriage, it just wouldnt be recognized by the government.

If you want government recognition of your union, you have to abide by the governments rules for it.

Of course that is true, but my point remains...the government should not be recognizing anybody's personal relationships. The government rules are unnecessary and wrong...and at the federal level unconstitutional. And to be clear, I do NOT want the government recognizing my personal relationships.

The problem stems from the various interactions we have with other parties that are summarized by a marriage agreement. All a marriage liscence is really is a template contract that everyone recognizes for certain personal interactions.

For example, if you want to have power of attorney over your spouse, you can enter into a contract with each individual hospital to make sure they are aware of your relationship, or you can just have a marriage liscence, and the power of attorney is de jure recognized in cases of imparement.

Gays just want a state-seal (marriage), which relieves them from their bad conscience, that they didn't turn out like nature wanted them to be.

It's all about this.

Gays just want a state-seal (marriage), which relieves them from their bad conscience, that they didn't turn out like nature wanted them to be.

It's all about this.

Lol I'm going to assume this is a joke, and not something you ACTUALLY think is reality.

Once a fundamental right is acknowledged, government can't deny the right to one group while permitting it to another without government having a substantial state interest in abridging the right.

Correct. So why is government attempting to define what is clearly a right available to everyone? Government should not be denying the right to anyone, nor blessing it for others. They have no need to intervene except where a dispute arises requiring a civil court system.

they define it to enforce the right.

why does that confuse you?

and you're still making it up as you go along because GOVERNMENT CREATED THE RIGHT

First, government doesn't create rights we are born with. We are born with the right to marry whomever we like, just like we are born with the right to worship the God of our choice. Government cannot grant, nor take away, such rights.

Because government need not enforce the right, they only need to prevent any other government entity from infringing on that right. Therefore, as long as no state or local government tries to restrict who can and who cannot marry, the federal government need never get involved.

in other words, there's no such thing as marriage...

mmmkay.

That's like saying there would be no such thing as apples if government didn't tell us what apples are. mmmkay???

you're saying that marriage, which most people see as something spiritual, if not religious, is a matter of contract. that isn't marriage. it's a business arrangement.

maybe the issue of marriage being a fundamental right is too confusing to you?

To the extent marriage is a spiritual matter, government CERTAINLY has no business intervening. Would such meddling not be akin to a national religion?

Family marriage without a doubt, it creates inbred freaks like the guys from Wrong Turn and the Hills have Eyes.

wrongturn2_copy1.jpg

Mutant.jpg

Gay marriage creates no interpersonal offspring. Cousin marriage?

Look to the Arabs in the middle east where inbreeding (cousin marriage) rates exceed 70%. Look to the Ashkenazim who were constrained from marrying outside of their people (Russian/Polish/German/Italian Pogroms) and you will see the effects of such cousin marriage in small communities.

Inbreeding by cousin marriage is far more dangerous to people than gay marriage imo.

Cousin marriage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Same-sex marriage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Currently 23 states allow first cousin marriages.

Currently 6 states allow gay marriage.

There are no options in your poll that represent me.

I don't find one to be "worse" than the other and using that word worse in itself makes it hard for me to vote. I have some issues with both.

No marrying family
No same sex "marriage" but same sex "unions" where 2 same sex people can get the same discriminatory benefits that married people get (taxes, wills, property, insurance ect) is ok with me.

Last edited:

Look to the Arabs in the middle east where inbreeding (cousin marriage) rates exceed 70%. Look to the Ashkenazim who were constrained from marrying outside of their people (Russian/Polish/German/Italian Pogroms) and you will see the effects of such cousin marriage in small communities.

Inbreeding by cousin marriage is far more dangerous to people than gay marriage imo.

I agree 100%, hell you can look at the Appalachian mountains here in the US and West Virginia where they have a high inbreeding rate, scary stuff.

inbreeding.jpg

inbreeding.jpg

My wife's parents were first cousins and there is nothing wrong with her or her five siblings. We have friends who are first cousins and have four beautiful children.

Forum List

Back