What's more immoral to you, marriage by family members or gay marriage?

Which is worse to you, cousin marriage or gay marriage.

• I find cousin marriage to be worse than gay marriage

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • I find gay marriage to be worse than cousin marriage

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • I have no issue with either.

Votes: 9 40.9%

• Total voters
Gay marriage is more disgusting than someone who marries their sister? I disagree completely, at least gay marriage doesn't produce 3 headed babies and all kinds of other freaks.
Gay marriage goes against Gods law. If it is normal God would have never created women.

So its ok with god if someone procreates with their sister?:cuckoo:
No. The Bible says all sexual immorality is a sim. GAY SEX OR SEX WITH FAMILY BOTH IMMORAL!!

Gay marriage creates no interpersonal offspring. Cousin marriage?

Look to the Arabs in the middle east where inbreeding (cousin marriage) rates exceed 70%. Look to the Ashkenazim who were constrained from marrying outside of their people (Russian/Polish/German/Italian Pogroms) and you will see the effects of such cousin marriage in small communities.

Inbreeding by cousin marriage is far more dangerous to people than gay marriage imo.

My wife's parents were first cousins and there is nothing wrong with her or her five siblings. We have friends who are first cousins and have four beautiful children.

Inbreeding increases the chances of birth defects, doesn't guarantee them.

My grandpa is 86 and smoked for 65 of those years, doesn't mean smoking isn't unhealthy.

Gay marriage is more disgusting than someone who marries their sister? I disagree completely, at least gay marriage doesn't produce 3 headed babies and all kinds of other freaks.
Gay marriage goes against Gods law. If it is normal God would have never created women.

I'm willing to bet there is something in the bible against laying with your siblings in that way (but if it is I dont know where and don't care to go looking) ;)

Cousin marriage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Same-sex marriage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Currently 23 states allow first cousin marriages.

Currently 6 states allow gay marriage.

The options presented are flawed. :dunno: What's best for the mental well-being of those involved? Whereas the biblical Paul had said something to the effect of 'though all things may be lawful, not all things are profitable'... I say that I do not have a problem with either... keeping in mind, however, that even the most spiritually minded individual should not 'kill themselves with righteousness'... these things are for my own reasoning... I do NOT wish to preach and pull at an audience who does not wish to hear. These are some of the things I keep in mind for myself and for my own decision-making process.

We Americans are so luck that religious zealots don't run the state. Think of it. The Taliban and homophobic bigots are cut from the same bolt of cloth.

The state does not sanction morality. The state does issue marriage licenses. The state should not take what one narrow, bigoted, repressive group thinks of as moral into consideration what so ever.

Gay marriage creates no interpersonal offspring. Cousin marriage?

Look to the Arabs in the middle east where inbreeding (cousin marriage) rates exceed 70%. Look to the Ashkenazim who were constrained from marrying outside of their people (Russian/Polish/German/Italian Pogroms) and you will see the effects of such cousin marriage in small communities.

Inbreeding by cousin marriage is far more dangerous to people than gay marriage imo.

My wife's parents were first cousins and there is nothing wrong with her or her five siblings. We have friends who are first cousins and have four beautiful children.

My grandpa is 86 and smoked for 65 of those years, doesn't mean smoking isn't unhealthy.

I am saying that first cousins can get married and it is no big deal. generations of mixed breeding is where the trouble begins.

I didn't want to provide cop out answers, and I didn't want to post 30 options for the nitpickers.
Okay, fair enough... I gave my answer. READ.

The options presented are flawed. :dunno: What's best for the mental well-being of those involved? Whereas the biblical Paul had said something to the effect of 'though all things may be lawful, not all things are profitable'... I say that I do not have a problem with either... keeping in mind, however, that even the most spiritually minded individual should not 'kill themselves with righteousness'... these things are for my own reasoning... I do NOT wish to preach and pull at an audience who does not wish to hear. These are some of the things I keep in mind for myself and for my own decision-making process.

Last edited:

I am saying that first cousins can get married and it is no big deal. generations of mixed breeding is where the trouble begins.

I personally wouldn't want to get the chain started, once first cousins marry they have started the inbreeding process.

I didn't want to provide cop out answers, and I didn't want to post 30 options for the nitpickers.

Not sure why the reposting is necessary, what do you want me to say?

Not sure why the reposting is necessary, what do you want me to say?

What your motive is and how this topic affects you and/or those in your life. Otherwise, nothing.

No. The Bible says all sexual immorality is a sim. GAY SEX OR SEX WITH FAMILY BOTH IMMORAL!!

Lot banged his daughters and was viewed as righteous according to the Bible.
If you would really read the Bible instead of making false claims you would know that Lot's daughters got him drink so he could impregnate them. Making false claims doesn't help your reputation at all.

Sometimes the most beautiful things and best of strengths comes from different levels of disobedience. Perhaps the real questions should be if the most productive of fruits is God reclaiming the minds of His people or if the opposition has taken over Rule. :dunno:

Last edited:
sex between is cousins is heterosexual sex.. now why is heterosexual sex worse than gay sex again?? I missed it.

New Topics

Forum List

Back