What's killing Sears? Its own retirees, the CEO says

The golden goose is dead.... from company's to blue States it's time to pay the Piper .

What's to blame for the problems at Sears? Amazon? Bad management?

CEO and primary shareholder Eddie Lampert has another idea: It's the company's own retirees.

Sears turned in another bleak quarterly earnings report on Thursday, and Lampert complained about the billions of dollars that Sears owes its former employees through pension plans.
Lampert said Sears has paid almost $2 billion into pension plans in the past five years, and $4.5 billion since Sears and Kmart merged in 2005 to form Sears Holdings (SHLD). The company pays retirees about $300 million a year, filings show.

If Sears could have put that money into operations, "we would have been in a better position to compete with other large retail companies, many of which don't have large pension plans," Lampert wrote in a blog post.

Lampert needs a bullet in his head. Zunklebimnkberger lost that on Farcebook in a month. Does he look like he gives a fuck ?
Lampert is a scumbag with zero business skills and a hatred for anything but himself

when i was growing up it was Sears and Monkee Wards...

Montgomery Ward! Thankfully both retail stores have been destroyed by the internet.

That said the threat to the economy is government employee pensions and benefits.
I have one of those pensions

It kicks ass
yea i got one too.....got a cost of living a couple of months ago and have another coming up....
Best decision I ever made

Everyone told me I was crazy to work for the government

Montgomery Ward! Thankfully both retail stores have been destroyed by the internet.

That said the threat to the economy is government employee pensions and benefits.

It kicks ass
yea i got one too.....got a cost of living a couple of months ago and have another coming up....

yea me too....i was working in a torque wrench factory making 10 an hour with shit benefits,the PO at that time was 15 an hour with much better benefits.....lets see, which one should i take.....mmmm....

I suppose the asshole wrote his own WIKI lietoo.
Eddie Lampert - Wikipedia

Ask yourself this question.
" Why is the Harbor Freight dude kicking ass all over the map ?"
Grizzly ? Jet ?
Sears was Elvis back in The Day.The King ! Pre scumbag Walton and his herd of liars.
Montgomery Ward was the hotdog salesman down the road because you had to park there. Wasn't enough room at Sears( / Roebuck---who nobody mentions).
JC Pey.ney went after half a cumeshot.
Grants wanted just a dribble.
Greed kills EVERYTHING. Always will.

Stick to the little guy. You'll both die broke but.......friends

so it was a life of Service for you '2' G men eh [chuckle] !! Anyway , its good to know the 'government men' , the 'G' Men or 'kings men' on the board . Do you good people wear widdle Baseball caps identifying yourselves as retired 'G' Men eh ??

It kicks ass

yea me too....i was working in a torque wrench factory making 10 an hour with shit benefits,the PO at that time was 15 an hour with much better benefits.....lets see, which one should i take.....mmmm....

So you guys proud of fucking over tax payers????

Could be because Ceo salaries through the year have proportionately increased greatly over the years as compared to workers. link below.

CEOs make $15.6 million on average—here’s how much their pay has increased compared to yours

Do you know how to do fucking math?

Sears has 90,000 employees...

So the guy stocking shelves should suck it up
Not the CEO

Oh please this childish argument by the left is pure retarded

90,000 employees pay them all $10 bucks an hour the payroll alone is almost 2 billion dollars a year and they bring up a CEO making 15 million???

Could be because Ceo salaries through the year have proportionately increased greatly over the years as compared to workers. link below.

CEOs make $15.6 million on average—here’s how much their pay has increased compared to yours

Not the CEO
A monkey can stock shelves

Prove it

Not the CEO

90,000 employees pay them all $10 bucks an hour the payroll alone is almost 2 billion dollars a year and they bring up a CEO making 15 million???

Again it comes down to who bears the burden
Those struggling to support a family are expected to make up for poor executive decision makers

Top executives are exempt

Not the CEO

Those struggling to support a family are expected to make up for poor executive decision makers

That's not the point of a B S . argument trying to say CEOs salary's are breaking the bank, you divide that salary up among 90,000 employees what is it 12 cents per hour?

The golden goose is dead.... from company's to blue States it's time to pay the Piper .

CEO and primary shareholder Eddie Lampert has another idea: It's the company's own retirees.

Sears turned in another bleak quarterly earnings report on Thursday, and Lampert complained about the billions of dollars that Sears owes its former employees through pension plans.
Lampert said Sears has paid almost $2 billion into pension plans in the past five years, and $4.5 billion since Sears and Kmart merged in 2005 to form Sears Holdings (SHLD). The company pays retirees about $300 million a year, filings show.

If Sears could have put that money into operations, "we would have been in a better position to compete with other large retail companies, many of which don't have large pension plans," Lampert wrote in a blog post.

Sears made and operated the pension plans. It’s their own fault for not anticipating the cash flow issues ahead. And yea, Amazon is also kicking their ass, because while they were ignoring the brewing shortage of funds, they were also not updating their business model and become a retail dinosaur. They’re dead, but just like missing the pension issue and the changing retail climate, they have also missed their own funeral.

Sears, like other companies ignored online retail growth until it was to late.

A lack of vision killed Sears.

They could have, as well as other box store retailers could have taken on the Amazon model at the very beginning, and would be competing with Amazon right now.

Sears had the long time branding associated with it's name. If anybody should have, they should have been the ones with the marketing vision to be the online giant retailer long ahead of Amazon.

For those not old enough, company paid pensions were the long term norm for retirees of large corporations until that all changed with the Reagan administration. You can google anyone of a number of articles that accurately describes how that administration single handedly destroyed the middle class of America, and who's policies are the main driving force of income inequality today.

It kicks ass

So you guys proud of fucking over tax payers????

so bear you are a young guy with a family to feed,you are working a 10 an hour job with shit benefits and you get a call from the PO with much better pay and benefits...so you would stay with the torque wrench place?.....and the tax payers were not paying me....

Not the CEO

That's not the point of a B S . argument trying to say CEOs salary's are breaking the bank, you divide that salary up among 90,000 employees what is it 12 cents per hour?
The point is that they take out their financial woes on those least capable of bearing it

Not just CEOs but all top executives should bear the burden

Sears made and operated the pension plans. It’s their own fault for not anticipating the cash flow issues ahead. And yea, Amazon is also kicking their ass, because while they were ignoring the brewing shortage of funds, they were also not updating their business model and become a retail dinosaur. They’re dead, but just like missing the pension issue and the changing retail climate, they have also missed their own funeral.

Sears, like other companies ignored online retail growth until it was to late.

A lack of vision killed Sears.

They could have, as well as other box store retailers could have taken on the Amazon model at the very beginning, and would be competing with Amazon right now.

Sears had the long time branding associated with it's name. If anybody should have, they should have been the ones with the marketing vision to be the online giant retailer long ahead of Amazon.

For those not old enough, company paid pensions were the long term norm for retirees of large corporations until that all changed with the Reagan administration. You can google anyone of a number of articles that accurately describes how that administration single handedly destroyed the middle class of America, and who's policies are the main driving force of income inequality today.

Bull what happened during the Regean years was the world finnaly caught up to us after WWII and imports over came exports and the writing was on the wall, if we didn't change we would be like Sears and the problems you mentioned

Not the CEO

The point is that they take out their financial woes on those least capable of bearing it

Not just CEOs but all top executives should bear the burden

I agree with that...

Forum List

Back