What's in that book?

alan1

Gold Member
Dec 13, 2008
Shoveling the ashes
Pick up the book nearest to you, open it up somewhere near the middle and post the first full sentence on the page.

"Moralist: I am not sure that I really understand your use the word humane, and above all, I am totally puzzled as to why you should regard it as antithetical to morality."
--The Tao Is Silent--Raymond M Smullyan

Last night, Mark the Shrink invited me to dinner at Zucca, a trendy new restaurant in Chelsa, to celebrate the birthday of someone I don't know.

-Augusten Burroughs

Magical Thinking

Langdon resisted the urge to pull Folio 5 from his pocket and wave it in Olivetti's face.

Angels and Demons
Dan Brown

"For about twenty-five seconds, and for the only time in my life, I believed there was life after death." In The Courts Of The Sun, Brian D'Amato

opportunistic infection n. An infection by a mircoorganism that normally does not cause disease but becomes pathogenic when the body's immune system is impaired and unable to fight off infection, as in AIDS and certain other diseases. --The American Heritage Dictionary

I'm at the computer doing some work, so not too many books here besides dictionary ;)

Langdon resisted the urge to pull Folio 5 from his pocket and wave it in Olivetti's face.

Angels and Demons
Dan Brown

Gearing up for the September release of the new Langdon novel? I can't believe that bastard Brown has gone five years without publishing a book. That's a rare thing in the book business when most popular authors do one a year.

(I only call Brown a "bastard" because I've been waiting for a follow up to The Da Vinci Code)

"It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen."

Don't know why I have that one on my table. I haven't read it in quite a long time.

Angels and Demons
Dan Brown

Gearing up for the September release of the new Langdon novel? I can't believe that bastard Brown has gone five years without publishing a book. That's a rare thing in the book business when most popular authors do one a year.

(I only call Brown a "bastard" because I've been waiting for a follow up to The Da Vinci Code)

Actually, I started reading it last year, but only got through a third before being deployed. Forgot what it was about, so have had to start it all over again!

Angels and Demons
Dan Brown

I started a thread around here somewhere, because he's writing about the Masons this time.

I Found it!

http://www.usmessageboard.com/general-discussion/75804-masons.html

Pick up the book nearest to you, open it up somewhere near the middle and post the first full sentence on the page.

Eric Hoffer's Passionate State of Mind - 134 of 280

"When we are not governed too much by what other people think of us, we are likely to be tolerant toward the behavior and opinions of others; so, too, when we do not crave to seem important, we are not awed by the importance of others."

The fame of my dogs spread all over our part of the Ozarks.

Where The Red Fern Grows - Wilson Rawls

"This makes a difference of level, at the outside, of six or seven feet; and yet the water shed by the surrounding hills is insignificant in amount, and this and this overflow must be referred to causes which affect the deep springs."

Henry David Thoreau, Walden.

Forum List

Back