Whats a Revival?

C

chloe

If revivals have such a positive effect for the Kingdom of God, then why don’t we make revivals a matter of prayer? Revivals bring glory to God. Do we not care about that? Do we care that people are dishonoring God by not obeying Him….by not repenting? Do we care that His law is neglected? Do we care that the Church is no different than the world in far too many cases? Do we care that people are going to hell...an eternity in the lake of fire? I don’t think we do. If we did, we would be on our faces day and night until God poured out His Spirit.

Do we care that the power of the early Church is missing from our local churches today?

"God! Send us revival! Glorify Your name throughout the earth."

What is Revival

Has anybody ever been to one of these things? Do they sing live Gospel music?

Down on the corner, out in the street,
Willy and the poorboys are playin;
Bring a nickel; tap your feet.

If revivals have such a positive effect for the Kingdom of God, then why don’t we make revivals a matter of prayer? Revivals bring glory to God. Do we not care about that? Do we care that people are dishonoring God by not obeying Him….by not repenting? Do we care that His law is neglected? Do we care that the Church is no different than the world in far too many cases? Do we care that people are going to hell...an eternity in the lake of fire? I don’t think we do. If we did, we would be on our faces day and night until God poured out His Spirit.

Do we care that the power of the early Church is missing from our local churches today?

"God! Send us revival! Glorify Your name throughout the earth."

What is Revival

Has anybody ever been to one of these things? Do they sing live Gospel music?

Yes, revivals DO bring glory to God. Only trouble is, most of the traveling revival shows are nothing more than snake oil salesmen who are working on lining their own pockets rather than being glory to God.

Why? Simple......they think that they can twist things just a little bit to solidify their own viewpoint. Kinda like what most people have done for the past 2000 years, all the way from the Catholic church all the way up to and including people like Warren Jeffs and Ted Haggard. Matter of fact, you can see quite a bit of that on this very board.

Oh yeah......nobody stays in hell forever. Says so in both the Gospel of Thomas (or John, I forget which), as well as says so in the Torah.

Fire and brimstone was developed by the early church as a way to control the masses in Europe, and, now it is used to scare people into staying with the church.

Kinda sad when God is love, yet people use fear to get you to follow Him.

I don't think there has ever been on in utah, otherwise I would have gone to see what its all about:eusa_angel:

Plus I really like LOUD Gospel music.

Never been to a revival but kind of wish I'd been to the Mississippi Squirrel Revival

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgFjLB4VYSU&feature=related]YouTube - Mississippi Squrrel Revival - Ray Stevens[/ame]

Never been to a revival but kind of wish I'd been to the Mississippi Squirrel Revival

I was there. It took place at a barroom parking lot on hywy 90 of all places. It happened on a saturday night in the fall of 1983. The name of the bar has since been changed to Magic Moments. It's located just east of the 14th St. overpass in Pascagoula Mississippi.

The squirrel spoke the wrath of God. Sorry to tell you this folks, but, America has been judged.

i really try to avoid christian topics...but alas revivals hold a special interest for me...they are still in the area where i am...many do approach them as biker does...as scams...street preachers looking for money...i also study the serpent handlers in this area as well...not that the two are mixed here...revivals are normally spoused by a local church...a guest minister and local minister team up to put on the revival. these are normally held at a the church of the local minister...tent revivals...are more traveling ministers and money shows...come into a community get money and leave with it...

purpose of a revival...to spice things up a bit...the visiting minister brings a different taste to the puplit....they normally last 5 nights..climaxing on friday night...normally comes at a time the church is having a membership drive...or rather revivals are to seek out and convert new members...the church has a long year...it gives a freshness to the church...energy in a way...

Ever see the movie MARJOE?

You ought to check it out, Chloe.

Might wake you up from that hynotized state you're in.

Just remember that it's just a Hollywood movie.

Per usual, Sunni, you don't know what you are talking about.

No, it's not.

It is a documentary.

A documentary filmed by MarJoe on his last evalgelist tour to show people what sheer money grabbing hypocrites most Bible thumping preachers really are.

MarJoe ought to know...after all he was once Americans most famous traveling evangelist preacher.

He started fleecing the sheep when he was 3 years old.

Praise Allah for the fact that his parents ripped him off of the millions he made as a child which so pissed him off that he decided to document how that RACKET worked.

one...do you know about father divine...whole lot more than one..elmer gantry was a movie for a reason...there is money in religion..any religion

There are thousands of preachers and evangilists out there.

Not all are corrupt money grubbers

Statistically, you are going to have a small percent that are bad.

Just like any other profession or vocation.

Last edited:
So it's like, if ONE cop is a rotten apple. Then "ALL" policemen are bad?

Watch the movie then get back to me.

Right now you're working with no information and still trying to debate the issue with me.

I'm not interested in getting into a "Yes it is. No it isn't" kind of childish debate with somebody who knows nothing about the subject at hand.

Then go to a black Full Gospel type of church. There is lots of singing, dancing, and loud energetic music!! :eusa_angel:

well there isnt any in utah, but when I was a kid my dad took me to an all black gospel church where his shampoo girl went to church, he danced around in the pews with his james brown shoes to all that heavenly LOUD Gospel music....I remember that:razz:

I saw that movie many years ago.

It is what ONE person claims after he turned atheist.

He made a ton of money with his book and movie deal.

If he was a charlatan in his youth. He became a con artist and hustler in adulthood.

I never believed his story. He just wanted to get rich.

Forum List

Back