Whats a Revival?

purpose of a revival...to spice things up a bit...the visiting minister brings a different taste to the puplit....they normally last 5 nights..climaxing on friday night...normally comes at a time the church is having a membership drive...or rather revivals are to seek out and convert new members...the church has a long year...it gives a freshness to the church...energy in a way...

See that is how I would take a revival too, a new exciting spiced up energy. It would be like the rock concerts of Gospel eh? I like to find things I like about religions, and since Ive never been to a revivial I think it would be fun to go. It is not like I think a revival would change my life, but I do think I would enjoy the music and performances.:razz:

I saw that movie many years ago.

It is what ONE person claims after he turned atheist.

He made a ton of money with his book and movie deal.

Now I know you're full of shit. You never saw that movie. It's obvious that you are attempting to fake a description of it based on what you imagine it must be.

If he was a charlatan in his youth. He became a con artist and hustler in adulthood.

I never believed his story. He just wanted to get rich.

Yup, you're winging it, that's obvious.

If revivals have such a positive effect for the Kingdom of God, then why don’t we make revivals a matter of prayer?
Nothing wrong with that prayer request Chloe.

Revivals bring glory to God. Do we not care about that?
Yes we do care about that.

Do we care that people are dishonoring God by not obeying Him….by not repenting? Do we care that His law is neglected?
We can care only to the extent that everyone living in the world affects everyone else living in this world. In a building one weak stone can cause the whole structure to fail.

Do we care that the Church is no different than the world in far too many cases?
I do. I would hope that others would too.

Do we care that people are going to hell...an eternity in the lake of fire?
That is a personal thing.

I don’t think we do. If we did, we would be on our faces day and night until God poured out His Spirit.
He set the rules and they still make their own personal choices.

Do we care that the power of the early Church is missing from our local churches today?
I have seen revivals take place in Church groups. There is still a revival happening today. A thousand years is as a day and a day is as a thousand years in God's time.

Nothing wrong with that prayer request Chloe.

Yes we do care about that.

We can care only to the extent that everyone living in the world affects everyone else living in this world. In a building one weak stone can cause the whole structure to fail.

I do. I would hope that others would too.

That is a personal thing.

He set the rules and they still make their own personal choices.

I have seen revivals take place in Church groups. There is still a revival happening today. A thousand years is as a day and a day is as a thousand years in God's time.

You are replying to an article I posted snippets from, I included the link from the begining. I have no opinion on revivals except that I would like to go to one.

What is Revival

Utah, August 2009 sponsored by Snowbird Renaissance Center, tent revival.

I hope they have a lot of LOUD Gospel music. Nobody has converted me yet, I have never joined any religion.

Never say never.

The closest I got to attending a revival was seeing Billy Graham at Shea Stadium when I was in high school.

I went with my two best friends, a Jew and a Native American witch. Afterwards everyone 'surrenders themselved to Jesus' my friends and I went down to the stage to see what was going on.

They lost me when they said that no matter what kind of exemplary life my Jewish friend and my Native American friend led if they did not accept JC as their personal savior they were going to hell.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like they were cruel to you and your friends. I hope that isnt how they are when I go.

Never say never.

The closest I got to attending a revival was seeing Billy Graham at Shea Stadium when I was in high school.

I went with my two best friends, a Jew and a Native American witch. Afterwards everyone 'surrenders themselved to Jesus' my friends and I went down to the stage to see what was going on.

They lost me when they said that no matter what kind of exemplary life my Jewish friend and my Native American friend led if they did not accept JC as their personal savior they were going to hell.

See? That is one of the major problems that I have with evangelicals at revivals.....if you don't get spiritual according to THEIR dictates (no matter how good a person you are, or even how close you are to God), you are automatically consigned to hell.

Kinda reminds me of the Muslim radicals that say the whole world has to be Islamic.

If they had known and followed scriptures of the Bible they would have remained silent concerning saying anything about "going to hell".

Romans 10:6-7

But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above:)

Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.)

BlueLetterBible.org

See? That is one of the major problems that I have with evangelicals at revivals.....if you don't get spiritual according to THEIR dictates (no matter how good a person you are, or even how close you are to God), you are automatically consigned to hell.

Kinda reminds me of the Muslim radicals that say the whole world has to be Islamic.

Except the revivalists don't believe in killing those who don't convert.

"They" aren't saying you have to believe as "they" do to get to heaven. The one belief of Christians, the thing you have to believe to be a Christian, is that Jesus = Salvation. If you don't believe that, you're not a Christian and shouldn't be baptised.

I don't understand that peopel think christians believe it has anything to do with US. WE aren't deciding your fate, you are. We want you all to go to heaven. WE didn't write the Bible, it came from God. Believe or don't, but don't shoot the messenger, for Pete's sakes.

Forum List

Back