What you economic illiterates don't comprehend!

"If people wanted to drop the corporate rate from 35 to say 33, 32, maybe 30, we could probably do it. But if you go back to several years that we looked at doing just that, the goal was to get to 25 percent, and by the time every lobbyist, every special interest group in town, representing every major corporation in this country, the tax rate was automatically all the way back above 30 by the time you put everybody's special loophole in."

No tax reform without border adjustment tax, Rep. Nunes says

So you see, if you want to lower the corporate tax rate RESPONSIBLY, you have to FIRST remove all the government gifts in the tax code WHICH CAUSED IT TO BE SO HIGH TO BEGIN WITH!!!

If you lower the corporate tax rate WITHOUT removing those gifts, then you SUPPORT HIGHER DEBT.

You support cronyism. You support an unlevel playing field which chokes entrepreneurial growth of our economy.

Offshore money would be used to pay dividends which would drive up the price of other investments but never trickle down. Apple is not starving for money and is not constrained by taxes. They do what they do because they can. If they wanted to expand, they already would have.

There is no public benefit to cutting corporate rates, only public cost of increased federal debt.

Apple also money launders and deducts it lowering their federal tax.

If you want to fix the economy

-Base Federal tax for corporations at 30% of revenue.

-Raise minimum wage to $23.50/hr. Based on where minimum wage should be using 1970-2017 rise in food, shelter, and transportation.

-Eliminate all business subsidies (deductions/write-offs/write-downs) except for employee expenses which are deducted dollar-for-dollar on all city, state, and Federal taxes and fees with the Feds refunding city, State, and fees.

-Companies with unlimited employees; employee expenses above the deduction are subsidized at 100% with funds usually give back to the States.

-Adjust Social Security and private/public retirement and pension payments using 1970-2017 price structure.

-Remove the FICA limit.

-Back down ALL costs, prices, fees, to January 1, 2009 levels and hold them for 10 years which will eliminate inflation.

-Recall ALL off-shore investments tax free, and disallow any further off-shore investments.

-Make inversion illegal.

My plan would reduce business costs for employees and taxes to 30%. That's a 15%-30% drop.

My plan would put BILLIONS into the economy daily.

My plan would put the $100 trillion plus currently owned by corporate America back into the economy.

My plan would end all welfare.

My plan would significantly increase social security and pension payments.

My plan would hold prices for 10 years, thus eliminating inflation.

LOL, you're foolish, the only thing that balanced the budget (if you can call what Congress does a budget and accounting) was the dot-com bubble and the attendant increase in economic activity and that "fair share" meme is just nonsense, if the rich were paying their "fair share" they'd be paying A LOT less since they utilize far less in federal government services than they pay for.

um, no, they need to pay more to get to their "fair share".

-Raise minimum wage to $23.50/hr. Based on where minimum wage should be using 1970-2017 rise in food, shelter, and transportation.

-Eliminate all business subsidies (deductions/write-offs/write-downs) except for employee expenses which are deducted dollar-for-dollar on all city, state, and Federal taxes and fees with the Feds refunding city, State, and fees.

-Companies with unlimited employees; employee expenses above the deduction are subsidized at 100% with funds usually give back to the States.

-Adjust Social Security and private/public retirement and pension payments using 1970-2017 price structure.

-Remove the FICA limit.

-Back down ALL costs, prices, fees, to January 1, 2009 levels and hold them for 10 years which will eliminate inflation.

-Recall ALL off-shore investments tax free, and disallow any further off-shore investments.

-Make inversion illegal.

My plan would reduce business costs for employees and taxes to 30%. That's a 15%-30% drop.

My plan would put the $100 trillion plus currently owned by corporate America back into the economy.

Don't forget the free doughnuts for all.

-Remove the FICA limit.

-Make inversion illegal.

Don't forget the free doughnuts for all.

Why would you give free donuts?

Whose "you guys"? Are you referring to those of us that believe that the federal government needs to spend within its means and not soak the citizenry with excessive taxation? I guess that would make your ilk the completely fiscally irresponsible crowd that wants to tax, borrow, print and spend the nation into the poor house, you geniuses are doing a GREAT job of that so far, unfortunately for you the road is running out for this recklessness.

Except that you guys do it ass-backwards. Look, the thing is, Bill Clinton balanced the budget by making the rich pay their fair share. Obama went form Bush's Trillion Dollar deficits to cutting them to less than 300B a year by - again- making the rich pay their fair share.

Unlike Reagan and the Bush Crime Family who spent, spent spent while giving the tax cuts to the rich.

And Trump is following that script.

NOw here's the thing. I'm all for balanced budgets, but the problem with you guys is that you cut taxes, you really don't cut spending and you cause recessions to boot, but in the process, you make government MORE popular. We get all this stuff, and we don't have to pay for any of it. THAT'S AWESOME.

Really want to make government smaller. Tax enough to cover the deficits and pay back the national debt.

The rest of your post is the usual "fantasy land' shit you guys say all the time when you aren't in power and do nothing about when you are.
Your remark about Clinton is false ..... Clinton balanced the budget by stripping the military. Then, when attacked, Bush was forced to delay response until we could get the military up to speed again.

Maybe you can explain to us how Obama made the "rich pay their fair share". He didn't ---- he one-upped Clinton. He stripped the money AND increased spending in all the other areas. That's why an additional $9 trillion in debt.

Your remark about Clinton is false ..... Clinton balanced the budget by stripping the military. Then, when attacked, Bush was forced to delay response until we could get the military up to speed again.
Er...umm.. federal revenues increased by 75% in nominal terms during the Clinton years , corresponding to a nearly 49.5% increase in nominal GDP (.COM BUBBLE)

As far as the decrease in military spending that was only possible because of the end of the cold war (which Clinton had nothing to do with), using the military budget that he inherited as a baseline, the cumulative military spending "savings" only amount to just over $333 billion, while the federal government took in a cumulative increase of nearly 3.4$ TRILLION. in revenue (again using Clintons first year as a baseline).

Bottom line, the decrease in military spending helped (it was however increasing again starting in Clintons 6th year and in his last year in office was only $22 billion a year lower than when he started) but it was the increase in economic activity (.DOT com bubble) and the corresponding increase in federal revenue that made the real difference.

LOL, you're foolish, the only thing that balanced the budget (if you can call what Congress does a budget and accounting) was the dot-com bubble and the attendant increase in economic activity and that "fair share" meme is just nonsense, if the rich were paying their "fair share" they'd be paying A LOT less since they utilize far less in federal government services than they pay for.

um, no, they need to pay more to get to their "fair share".

LOL, more gub'mint worshiper sloganeering, I'd say you should be ashamed of yourself for being such a droid but I don't think you're sharp enough to realize what a brainwashed partisan monkey you've become.

The reason the "wealthy" are wealthy and you're not is that they provide more value to society than you do, the average successful entrepreneur provides more value to others in a day of work than you do all year, yet you think you're entitled to more of his/her income simply because they're smarter and have a superior work ethic to yours? not to mention they take all the risks while you just want the government to confiscate rewards for you risk free. Let me guess who gets to decide what's a "fair share".... all the people that didn't do the work and take the risks to earn it.

Let me ask you this, if we both went to dinner and had the same meal, should I pay more of the check because I make more money than you do?

Your remark about Clinton is false ..... Clinton balanced the budget by stripping the military.

Well, not really.

BG-defense-spending-FY-2016-chart-2_HIGHRES.jpg

He did trim the BLOATED military budget of the Reagan Era with it's $600 toilet seats, but in constant dollars, it didn't go down that much. What balanced the budget was Clinton making those rich fucks pay their fair share.

Then, when attacked, Bush was forced to delay response until we could get the military up to speed again.

You left out the part where Bush attacked the wrong country and lied about WMD's... The thing was, we toppled the Taliban pretty easily, and then pulled out and built up a military to attack a country that didn't attack us.

Maybe you can explain to us how Obama made the "rich pay their fair share". He didn't ---- he one-upped Clinton. He stripped the money AND increased spending in all the other areas. That's why an additional $9 trillion in debt.

Okay, let's look at that. We did get another 9 Trillion in debt on top of the 6 Trillion Bush added on with his tax cuts for the rich and wars against an Emotional State. But most of that debt was because of - wait for it - Bush. Bush's recession made 16 TRILLION vanish literally overnight. Bush's tax cuts for the rich didn't expire until 2012, and amazingly, that's when the debt started to go down.

So here's how it works.

Republicans fuck up the economy.
Democrats get in and fix it.
Republicans remind stupid white people how much they hate darkies and queers
Stupid White people vote in Republicans
Republicans fuck up the economy
rinse, wash, repeat.

The reason the "wealthy" are wealthy and you're not is that they provide more value to society than you do, the average successful entrepreneur provides more value to others in a day of work than you do all year, yet you think you're entitled to more of his/her income simply because they're smarter and have a superior work ethic to yours?

Um, no. I promise you, I work a lot harder than Paris Hilton or a Kardashian

Rich people are parasites that have convinced stupid people like you that they are vital organs.

Drop corporate taxes to 20% and instigate two year moratorium on repatriated money.

Add four new personal income tax margins, 44.9%, 49.9%, 54.9% and 59.9%.

And if we don't do something to deal with wealth imbalance soon, we'll end up making crisis-based decisions, which we just don't do well.

The reason the "wealthy" are wealthy and you're not is that they provide more value to society than you do, the average successful entrepreneur provides more value to others in a day of work than you do all year, yet you think you're entitled to more of his/her income simply because they're smarter and have a superior work ethic to yours?

Um, no. I promise you, I work a lot harder than Paris Hilton or a Kardashian
Yeah right, work harder at what? regurgitating partisan slogans on the Internet? Sorry pal but society doesn't value what you do nearly as much as it values what they do and they've got the compensate to prove it.

Rich people are parasites that have convinced stupid people like you that they are vital organs.
LOL, those entrepreneurs are rich because society values their efforts FAR more than it values yours.... your attitude just ensures that you'll never be one of them, good luck with your career as a useful idiot for those rich progressive masters you worship, they're the ones that don't provide any value.

Steve Jobs created more value for society in 10 minutes of work than you will for you entire life, now you can continue on with your envy, sloganeering and pushing your desire to have the government do your thieving for you or you can get up off your lazy ass and put in the effort required to emulate the people that are far more successful than you are, they've shown you the way, the least you can do is be grateful.

"You are where you want to be" -- Dr. Massey

And if we don't do something to deal with wealth imbalance soon, we'll end up making crisis-based decisions, which we just don't do well.
IMHO You want to reduce the wealth imbalance, then go to the source, PATRONAGE and if you want to reduce that the best place to start is by getting rid of one of its biggest vehicles namely the income tax, the other big vehicle is inflationary distribution effects but that one is a bit harder to tackle. ;)

Yeah right, work harder at what? regurgitating partisan slogans on the Internet? Sorry pal but society doesn't value what you do nearly as much as it values what they do and they've got the compensate to prove it.

I'm sorry, when did "society" decide to give the CEO of GM an 8 figure salary for running his company into the ground and requiring a government bailout to keep millions from losing their jobs.

Parasites have convinced you they are a vital organ.

Part of the tax reform is reducing corporate taxes to 20%.
Many of you truly economic illiterates don't understand the gigantic economic benefit of this one single change.
A new report finds that around the world the extremely wealthy have accumulated at least $21 trillion in secretive offshore accounts. Super Rich Hide $21 Trillion Offshore, Study Says

So if the USA by lowering corporate taxes is able to repatriate just 10% or $2 trillion back to the USA what would be
the effect?
Let's assume of the $2 trillion it breaks down this way:
$1 trillion is re-invested in the stock market, bank accounts US treasuries you name it.
Leaves $1 trillion.
Let's assume then $500 billion is used to hire people for 10 years at $50,000 per year.
Well as most of the economic illiterates don't know, an employer pays an equal % for SS/Medicare 6.2%
So let's add to the $50,000 another $3,000 and round up to $60,000 for benefits,SS/Medicare,etc.
That means of the $500 billion divided by 10 years $50 billion a year or divided by $60,000 or total of 800,000 jobs.
That $50 billion in payroll means in Federal taxes: 12.4% SS/Medicare/income taxes: $18.7 billion to Federal govt.
Now the multiplier effect comes in to play:http://www2.econ.iastate.edu/research/webpapers/paper_13143.pdf
"Every $1 million spent is multiplied by 1.18 or $50 billion spent by employees: $60 billion back into the GDP.
Now this is JUST from hiring 800,000 people for 10 years.
Net gains therefore to the Federal government:

$187 billion in tax revenue alone in 10 years.
GDP increasing over $600 billion in 10 years.

AND this is just from 1/4th left of the $2 trillion repatriated.

Now if you economic illiterates want some further validation for what this means from the other 3/4ths of
the $2 trillion repatriated please ask as it gets EVEN better i.e. the multiplier EFFECT!!!

Prove me wrong .... PLEASE!!!

Typical stupid gullible Repubtard!

There is not $Trillions hidden offshore that will come rushing back into the USA if taxes are cut to 20%! That money was deposited into Irish banks & lent back to the company at zero interest as back-to-back loans & brought here into the USA tax free. They also do currency swaps & other accounting tricks.

Crickets.......

Because the OP is full of shit!

Most of that money is invested in US bonds or loaned back into the USA tax free.

A tax cut without = spending cuts will trigger a much larger inflation tax.

Last edited:
Steve Jobs created more value for society in 10 minutes of work than you will for you entire life,

Steve Jobs just took advantage of the work other designers, engineers and assembly workers did...

Your attitude regarding wealth and success tells anybody that's paying attention everything they need to know about you and the fact that the company that Steve Jobs created is the most valuable company in the history of the world tells anybody that's paying attention everything they need to know about him, of the two of you which one do you think society has a higher regard for?

I certainly hope for your sake that the taste of those sour grapes you love to chew on are worth the price of never accomplishing anything worthy of note.

So argument fail.
LOL, at least I have an argument, all you got is sloganeering and whining about other peoples accomplishments being greater than your own.

Ciao

Your attitude regarding wealth and success tells anybody that's paying attention everything they need to know about you and the fact that the company that Steve Jobs created is the most valuable company in the history of the world tells anybody that's paying attention everything they need to know about him, of the two of you which one do you think society has a higher regard for?

Again, Steve did a very good job of taking credit for other people's work and collecting the benefits.... the question is, why do the rest of us tolerate that sort of thing?

I certainly hope for your sake that the taste of those sour grapes you love to chew on are worth the price of never accomplishing anything worthy of note.

I'm very proud of what I've accomplished. I served my country and was recognized for it. I started a business which has helped hundreds of people. And the one thing I've learned is that Capitalism is fucking evil and we should erradicate it from the face of the earth.

Forum List

Back