What would you say to change in tack?

Seroisly if thats the attitude that americans take into the voting booths this summer then 9/11 is going to be repeated again and again and again.
I don't like to tell fortunes but just remember this post when it happens again and don't say I didn't warn you.

I think the problem is that a lot of people haven't actually tried to rationize the terrorists they just think they're crazy.
They do it for a reason, and the reason is oppression and because the United States pushes other countries around all the time without any respect for other nations ("your either with us or against us", springs to mind). The same reason the founding fathers rebelled. You can understand that right?

I read a post somewhere on here that the Americans got pissed off with the English Monarchy expecting them to do whatever they said.
Well take that example substitute England for America and America with Islamic nations and I hope you'll get the picture...

Insein. Substitue america for the bully and the islamic nations for the bullied. And then try to figure out the equasion again, they're fighting back in the same way you described.
Everything ain't as black and white as Arnie movies bro.....

sigh. your hopelessly lost in a world where america is wrong and everyone hates us cause we're mean. I assume you live in this country as you will be voting this fall. Why do you still live here?

We're obviously an opressive society that infringes on your rights as well as the rights of criminals and murderers abroad. We obviously are a harsh society that doesnt allow a man like you to succeed at a business and make money in a free economy. We obviously live in a society where everyday is worse than the next because an individuals hopes and dreams arent able to come to fruition due to hard work, determination and the freedom to persue ones goals.

So seeing as we live in a world that oppresses your everyday rights and freedoms, why not try moving to one of thos fabulous countries in the middle east? Or perhaps the utopian societies of the EU? It seems more like you.

E.G: Goodies, baddies.

You were being sarcastic right?

There are many good qualities in the United States.
That doesn't mean it's perfect though, and if we're gonna take the moral high ground with world affairs we should at least do our best to make sure we're not hypocritical.

Disliking the current government is not un-patriotic or did you forget about what democracy means (although Al Gore did kinda win the last election, but hey we'll just ignore that one huh? Lest those black people find out their votes were deleted by Jeb).

Sorry the supreme court disagrees with you !

Gore lost, get over it.

That is the attitude that brought on 9/11 and that is why you desrve it.

So now you are saying these people who died that day also deserved it ?

and who sits on the supreme court?

He did get more votes (popular vote), the U.S just got a fucked up voting system.

No, I said the people that have an attitude like yours (e.g the Iron fist, dont care if they're happy or not as long as they dont fuck with us, dictator attitude) deserve it.

Dont get me wrong here, I'm not a fan of Al Gore, infact I don't think there is much difference between the two parties at the moment, the Demopublicans or the Republocrats.

Originally posted by UhihaJax

He did get more votes (popular vote), the U.S just got a fucked up voting system.

So, that is not how the president is elected. If you don't like the electoral college lobby your representatives to change it. It will do you little good to bitch about it here.

Mtn,

What do you want from a European, which he obviously is. Screwed up as it might be, it is far superior than European Systems of Government. I know it kills you guys how much power America has gained in it's short existence while Europe just fades into the background. Is this were your hostility towards the US comes from ?

and who sits on the supreme court?

No, I said the people that have an attitude like yours (e.g the Iron fist, dont care if they're happy or not as long as they dont fuck with us, dictator attitude) deserve it.

There is a reason for our voting system. Its so the candidates dont focus on the City areas and highly populated areas and states. They have to also campaign in states like wyoming and Montana as much as they do in California and Texas. That way every citizen of the country has a say in who there president will be.

Why do you guys all want to argue with someone who doesn't even live in our country? Where are you from UhihaJax?

The bully analogy with the U.S. as the bully isn't accurate at all. During the past half-century, we've been giving aid and really good trade agreements to the Middle East. We are, after all, one of the largest oil consuming countries on the planet. We also funded many of the terrorist groups which are now turning on us. Saddam got funds to take out the Shah of Iran. Osama got funds to kick the Ruskis out of Afghanistan. They started hating us because some of our products and culture took hold over there, and many extremist groups see it as trying to take over the countries through propoganda. Another reason is becuase we were over there helping out one of their oppressed countries again (Kuwait), and decided to leave troops over there for a while to keep the peace. The third reason is because we help Israel. Sometimes, it's a wonder why we do it (from a political standpoint, anyway), but we do. I kinda see it as helping a child. The child does some bad stuff every once in a while, even to you, and you punish them for that (we have reprimanded Israel on occasion). However, if you don't help that child, who will?

Unbelievable, absolutely unbelievable the condescending holier than thou attitude of fucking liberals. They actually think that you can win the heart and mind of a terrorist, WTF?????? These terrorists respect 1 thing and that is violence and death. They don't respect weakness which is what the liberal viewpoint is basically. Jesus they also laughed their ass off for 8 years under Clinton when we would send a woman, Madeline Albright to do our negotiating. These guys, right or wrong don't respect women like that and to them we are weak pieces of shit for it.

All the analogies and so called facts posted by this miscreant are pie in the sky utopian B.S. and have no basis in reality.

Originally posted by MtnBiker
So, that is not how the president is elected. If you don't like the electoral college lobby your representatives to change it. It will do you little good to bitch about it here.
Oh well, I guess that is not possible. Hey Uhihajax, perhaps answering Jim's question would be good!

I tell you one thing guys.
You keep this attitude up and you'll get a European army telling you to back down in a few years time.
You aint the only power in this world.

Oh btw i'm english you know your "allies" (or co-erced) we came along for the ride to make sure you guys didn't blow up too many mosques and kiddies, and you ended up taking us out instead!

You guys are lax democratics, I cant believe you let Bush get away with the WMD lies, we're cruicifying Blair over here, he's out next election if not before.

You ever read 1984? You should it contains a lot about a dis-interested majority and radical changes in right (you really should get around to reading the patriot act), and it'll show you where it'll get you.

It was England's century 1800- 1900
U.S.A's 1900 - 2000
I think it'll be China or Europe next (if we can get our act together....), you guys are history, especially if you keeep playing it this way......

Insein you heard of a rotten borough? A place in the country side where the votes are worth more than the city. We got rid of that crap years ago from our system, your behind in electral reform.

Eric I honestly can't be bothered with jealousy, but seriously your making us Westerners look really bad these days and your foreign policy aint making you any friends (especially not here, (and dont go bringing up WW1 or WW2 your the next generation and that aint shit to do with you, your forefathers mebbe but definately not your generation)).

Enjoy the cozy ride while you can cause you current politicians are milking your country for what it's worth and capitalism is getting messed up, your media outlets suck, your education is fukin atrociaious. And to think we used to look up to you guys......

Your a pale imitation of yourselves, sort it out guys....

Peace.

jax

Finally you give a location. Fine, UK time is over, for the time being. They are in a good position for the future however. That of course takes some thinking forward.

I cant believe you let Bush get away with the WMD lies

Oh brother, here we go again! How about posting the specific lies and allow me to show you how stupid your comments are.

Forum List

Back