What would you say to change in tack?

Originally posted by UhihaJax
What if they are just suspected to harbour terrorists or just basically refuse to co-operate with U.S investigation? (you know, gray areas)

A few well placed missiles oughta change their minds quickly.

Those are amusing and you are right to point out that extremism is always incorrect (this is in reference to extreme libitarianism).

I do not think they should have attacked the Mosque. If anything it is a bad political descision to make and will breed further terrorists. They should have withdrawn and considered a different strategy.

Of course with a military campaign (remember I am not for this offensive, and if you look aorund the world you'll see many who support my opinion) you need curfews and controls if your a "pacifying" an area. I do not contest those requirements as the U.S miltiray needs to be protected as their lives are as importants as anyone elses.

I do believe we have reached an understanding (something I always shoot for). While I still believe the war is just and that we're handling Fallujah about as well as can be expected, we do agree that extremism in any sense is bad. As for the mosque, I could go either way on that. Given sufficient time to make a decision, it would probably be best to "blockade" the mosque and send in the military version of a S.W.A.T. team, but under fire, I think shooting back is exactly what I would have done if I was there.

It's good to hear we do agree Hobbit. :)

To JimmyC and Eric:

Wouldn't that be a form of terrorism?

You are reaching now. If you equate that with terrorism then you have sidesteped into the wacky world of Liberal thought !

I merely thought that excessive force equated to terrorism.
When you threaten the security of a nation with violence. Is that not terrorism.
Then what is? Poor people fighting?

Where did excessive force all of a sudden come from? Come on don't play word games, you know exactly what I was saying. Look you don't even believe we should have used force in Fallujah, as evidenced in another thread. Well when then should we use force, when ships land on our beaches ?

If Fallujah was not the right time I don't know what is. Personally I think we should have dropped 5-10 Daisycutters, that would have brought about enormous respect. You don't think violence works, then how did Saddam manage to keep order, by having tea and crumpets ?

And how happy were Saddam's people?

To use him as an example to follow is detremental to your argument.

In the old idea of naming things what they arent (pacifying for one) how about making defence what it means.

Your example about the boats is inaccurate, remember that terrorist do not have an army, thats why they blow themselves up.

Your example about the boats is inaccurate, remember that terrorist do not have an army, thats why they blow themselves up.

Are you completely insane, who said anything about boats ?

Furthermore who said they liked Saddam ? What I did say is he kept them in check for over 25 years. I could care less who likes us as long as they respect and fear us !

Ships, boats same difference.

So you would be cool with keeping a bunch of people unhappy as long as they didn't fuck with you?

And you wonder why terrorists exist!

So you would be cool with keeping a bunch of people unhappy as long as they didn't fuck with you?

You just hit the nail on the head !

Once again what is with the ships or boats, please explain !

Well when then should we use force, when ships land on our beaches ?

Then you deserveto die in a suicide bomb attack.
Frankly.

I'm glad we got to this stage. And i'm glad your not afraid to make that point.
I dont agree with you, at all and honestly think your no better then Saddam, but at least we got there in the end. :)

I take it you like war and would like to request that we change war on terror to: War on War.
What do you reckon?

Then you deserveto die in a suicide bomb attack.

Hey fuck you and your liberal cocksucking mother. Say something like this again and you are gone, got it pussy !

Boy would they love to have a little lamb like you in prison. You would be more than glad to bend over and pick up the soap instead of standing up for yourself !!!

Well why not?
What do you expect with an attitude like that?
If you try to rule with an iron fist your gonna get beat down sometimes.
You can't have it both ways bro.

First of all I am not your bro ! Second of all go back to your garage business and pretend to make some real money. At least my attitude has reaped many benifits in my life.

I wished nothing bad upon you, and you turn around and say what you did. You are nothing more than a little tree hugging asshole !

Now beat it, you are wasting my valuable time !

You make a choice but fail to accept the consequences of that choice. I dont get you.......
If you want to rule with an Iron fist and keep people unhappy and in fear then your going to get bombed by suicide bombers. That is the attitude that brought on 9/11 and that is why you desrve it.

And stop trying to be the big man with your business, and stop presuming things, your very bad at it.

I merely thought that excessive force equated to terrorism.
When you threaten the security of a nation with violence. Is that not terrorism.
Then what is? Poor people fighting?

No terrorism is when a group of people try to induce fear upon other people to achieve their goals.

When a bully in a schoolyard threatens to beat up a kid for his lunch money, thats a good analogy. If you give the bully your lunch money, he'll come right back and take it again when he feels like it cause he knows your an easy target. If you try to ignore the bully he'll just yell and threaten louder till he gets what he wants. If you stand up for yourself and fight back, you may incur his wrath at first but eventually he'll move onto an easier target cause he knows he cant induce fear into you.

By the way Insein, I don't believe I have said welcome. So "Welcome to the board" good to have you here.

There was another recently new valued member but I can't remember who that was.

Forum List

Back