What would you say to change in tack?

There are weapons of mass destruction that Saddam is capable of firing within 45 minutes

Don't get so upset you are starting to spell like a child. Guess we hit a nerve !

If you are English then why are you not in England ?

Look you proposed that we try and win the hearts and minds of the people who are looking to do us harm. Realistically that will never happen and I am not willing to let Americans die while trying, plain and simple. If they cease all hostilities so will we, if not better watch out in their caves, there might not be any oxygen soon !

I got the hutton inquiry right here, I can quote from it if you like........

Oh btw i'm english you know your "allies" (or co-erced) we came along for the ride to make sure you guys didn't blow up too many mosques and kiddies, and you ended up taking us out instead

This is priceless. We 'took UK out in WWII' via FDR. It was called 'Lend/Lease'.

"The United States should loan what articles were needed, as a man would loan his garden hose to help his neighbor put out a fire without reference to payment, but with the expectation that the hose itself would be returned." -- FDR 17Dec41.

Lend-Lease was a way to send aid to allies without having to demand payment. After all, England only had so many island worthy of creating into bases that they could lease to us in exchange for warships. Eventually becomes $50 billion dollars in lend-lease during the war to many countries: 60% to UK, 20% USSR, 20% France, China, others.

Neutrality Act 1935
Modified to "Cash and Carry" - 1939
Destroyers for Bases - Sep'40
"Neighbors house on fire" - Dec'40
Lend-Lease Bill - Jan'41
Debate: Hitler violated K-B Pact of 1928
Bill Passed - 11Mar41
Coast Guard Cutters - 10Apr41.
Lend Lease extended to de Gaulle's forces - 24Nov41.
Turkey has "for some time" received lend lease aid - 3Dec41.
[war]
Lend Lease ends with War - Sep'45.
Fulbright Act.
$10.5 billion returned.

http://www.ww2pacific.com/lendlease.html

Originally posted by UhihaJax
There are weapons of mass destruction that Saddam is capable of firing within 45 minutes

That was the dickheads in the UK! Can you show me your source showing that those words were spoken by Bush?

You mis-interpret me and your not looking at the bigger picture.
Convert the current terrorists? Hell no.
Make sure that less terrorists join in the future? Hell yea.

This is new warfare and it wont go away for a while so how about we think long term here?

What you think Bush prepared a dossier for the U.N? He just took the British one. He didn't care, he knew he was lying anyway.......

It makes me chuckle that you actually trust something that Bush says....... and also you can understand it?

Sorry, don't you get that we all get your point and disagree?

What you think Bush prepared a dossier for the U.N? He just took the British one. He didn't care, he knew he was lying anyway.......

It makes me chuckle that you actually trust something that Bush says....... and also you can understand it?

It makes me chuckle that you make assertions and now dodge around when called to the floor.

How about you just post the specific lies you claim Bush spoke?

Think longterm fine, but what do we do about the people trying to kill us right now ?

Now I have a question for you. Did the people of the Uk who perished as a result of IRA terrorism deserve it too ?

You mis-interpret me and your not looking at the bigger picture.
Convert the current terrorists? Hell no.
Make sure that less terrorists join in the future? Hell yea.

This is new warfare and it wont go away for a while so how about we think long term here?

So if we convert the terrorists of the future what do we do with the ones that are here and now?

http://tnr.com/easterbrook.mhtml?pid=1545

AN ALTERNATIVE HISTORY: washington, april 9, 2004. A hush fell over the city as George W. Bush today became the first president of the United States ever to be removed from office by impeachment. Meeting late into the night, the Senate unanimously voted to convict Bush following a trial on his bill of impeachment from the House.

Moments after being sworn in as the 44th president, Dick Cheney said that disgraced former national security adviser Condoleezza Rice would be turned over to the Hague for trial in the International Court of Justice as a war criminal. Cheney said Washington would "firmly resist" international demands that Bush be extradited for prosecution as well.

On August 7, 2001, Bush had ordered the United States military to stage an all-out attack on alleged terrorist camps in Afghanistan. Thousands of U.S. special forces units parachuted into this neutral country, while air strikes targeted the Afghan government and its supporting military. Pentagon units seized abandoned Soviet air bases throughout Afghanistan, while establishing support bases in nearby nations such as Uzbekistan. Simultaneously, FBI agents throughout the United States staged raids in which dozens of men accused of terrorism were taken prisoner.

Reaction was swift and furious. Florida Senator Bob Graham said Bush had "brought shame to the United States with his paranoid delusions about so-called terror networks." British Prime Minister Tony Blair accused the United States of "an inexcusable act of conquest in plain violation of international law." White House chief counterterrorism advisor Richard Clarke immediately resigned in protest of "a disgusting exercise in over-kill."

When dozens of U.S. soldiers were slain in gun battles with fighters in the Afghan mountains, public opinion polls showed the nation overwhelmingly opposed to Bush's action. Political leaders of both parties called on Bush to withdraw U.S. forces from Afghanistan immediately. "We are supposed to believe that attacking people in caves in some place called Tora Bora is worth the life of even one single U.S. soldier?" former Nebraska Senator Bob Kerrey asked.

When an off-target U.S. bomb killed scores of Afghan civilians who had taken refuge in a mosque, Spanish Prime Minister Jose Aznar announced a global boycott of American products. The United Nations General Assembly voted to condemn the United States, and Washington was forced into the humiliating position of vetoing a Security Council resolution declaring America guilty of "criminal acts of aggression."

Bush justified his attack on Afghanistan, and the detention of 19 men of Arab descent who had entered the country legally, on grounds of intelligence reports suggesting an imminent, devastating attack on the United States. But no such attack ever occurred, leading to widespread ridicule of Bush's claims. Speaking before a special commission created by Congress to investigate Bush's anti-terrorism actions, former national security adviser Rice shocked and horrified listeners when she admitted, "We had no actionable warnings of any specific threat, just good reason to believe something really bad was about to happen."

The president fired Rice immediately after her admission, but this did little to quell public anger regarding the war in Afghanistan. When it was revealed that U.S. special forces were also carrying out attacks against suspected terrorist bases in Indonesia and Pakistan, fury against the United States became universal, with even Israel condemning American action as "totally unjustified."

Speaking briefly to reporters on the South Lawn of the White House before a helicopter carried him out of Washington as the first-ever president removed by impeachment, Bush seemed bitter. "I was given bad advice," he insisted. "My advisers told me that unless we took decisive action, thousands of innocent Americans might die. Obviously I should not have listened."

Announcing his candidacy for the 2004 Republican presidential nomination, Senator John McCain said today that "George W. Bush was very foolish and naïve; he didn't realize he was being pushed into this needless conflict by oil interests that wanted to seize Afghanistan to run a pipeline across it." McCain spoke at a campaign rally at the World Trade Center in New York City.

posted 10:57 a.m.

E-mail Easterblogg

In regards to John Kerry I do not particulary like the fellow and will be voting third party.

Uhihajax, you made this statement leading people to assume that you where voting third patry in the US Presidential Election. However this is not possible. Why the use of such tatic?

Wow you've all come out to play now.......

Jimmy you haven't contributed to this dicussion at all and are in no position to get the spoils.
Bush used the english document to go to the U.N and the document contained claims that were inherently false.
I dont have the exact transcript of what georgie said but I can quote:

"Saddam has WMD he is able to deploy within 45 minutes"

If you guys paid attention to international news you'd know this already....

Originally posted by MtnBiker
Uhihajax, you made this statement leading people to assume that you where voting third patry in the US Presidential Election. However this is not possible. Why the use of such tatic?

Excellent catch!

Yeah, i'm voting third party. But not in the states. I was just speaking how I would vote.
I knew that as soon as I gave away my location you'd turn into a pack of dogs like this.
You all had nothing to say earlier but now you can pick on my nationality! Wow yeah you got ammo now, points that you can make, you can bring up the world wars the links between the U.K and U.S.A but when it comes to the war on terror you've got no idea at all.

Wow you've all come out to play now.......

Jimmy you haven't contributed to this dicussion at all and are in no position to get the spoils.
Bush used the english document to go to the U.N and the document contained claims that were inherently false.

If you guys paid attention to international news you'd know this already....

First off - I own this board and I'll enter a discussion whenever I damn well please.

Secondly, POST THE SOURCE THAT SHOWS BUSH SPOKE THOSE WORDS.

All you've done so far is make a convincing argument for the UK lying and passing it off to the USA.

So how about that source?

Sure you can quote it, but it is meaningless until you can reference it.

Forum List

Back