What would you do?

Who are you to decide what a "good reason" is?

For you a good reason might be when someone can no longer talk coherently.

For someone else, a good reason might be when someone has to take a shot every day.

To let a child die from an obstructed bowel because you believe God wants you to deny it medical help is not a good reason.

To allow someone at the end of their life to die with dignity and in peace and comfort rather than torturing them with painful procedures that only delay death is making the right choice.

To let a child die from an obstructed bowel because you believe God wants you to deny it medical help is not a good reason.

To allow someone at the end of their life to die with dignity and in peace and comfort rather than torturing them with painful procedures that only delay death is making the right choice.

You think choking to death is "dignified"?

Are you for real?

You think choking to death is "dignified"?

Are you for real?

Are you really this stupid?
What would you guys do? Would you keep them alive and try even though its probably pointless and you would just prolong their suffering? Or would you take the tube out of their throat and just let them go in piece, with lots of morphine to take away the pain?

Anyway, good for you. You bullied your family into killing your grandma, who you say didn't let anyone know what she wanted...though she always said "where there's life there's hope".

You get the award for the Cruelest Bitch on the Board.

I hope that when your time comes, it is agonizing.
She most certainly is. Fortunately sealybobo seems to have a thick skin.

You're the one who is claiming that allowing someone to die by refusing to trache them is "dignified".

Have you ever seen anyone die this way?

Remember, Bobo said she was looking at them. Imagine how pleasant it must have been.

You're the one who is claiming that allowing someone to die by refusing to trache them is "dignified".

Remember, Bobo said she was looking at them. Imagine how pleasant it must have been.
Figures that when someone is dying, you are only concerned with how it makes you feel.

Not at all. I'm perfectly willing to take care of my elderly and dying relatives. I've taken care of dying people.

I also don't believe in killing off diminished capacity people, people with deformities, or those who don't have "ideal" physical characteristics.

I'm just a selfish rebel, I guess.

xotoxi-albums-pictures-5-picture1470-alliebaba.jpg

Yeah, we all know the people who want to prevent people from getting whacked are the ghouls....not the ones who fight tooth and nail to protect their right to KILL.

SealyBobo, I am sorry to hear about your grandmother. I know how hard it is to lose a loved one, I just lost my mom right before Christmas.

And I'm sorry this thread has turned into a hate fest, some people have no compassion for the dead. Just take it all with a grain of salt, and know that your family did what they think was best for your grandmother.

SealyBobo, I am sorry to hear about your grandmother. I know how hard it is to lose a loved one, I just lost my mom right before Christmas.

And I'm sorry this thread has turned into a hate fest, some people have no compassion for the dead. Just take it all with a grain of salt, and know that your family did what they think was best for your grandmother.

Hate fest? No compassion for the dead? Please!

Bobo told us that his Grandmother said "where there is life there is hope," meaning that she would probably have wanted to have stayed alive. The family decided to end her life. SB sounds a little bit guilty because his "family did what they thought was best," not what she thought was best. Anyway, she's dead, it's over.

some people have no compassion for the dead.
I am sure everyone does. Me included.

What I do not have is the need to shill for message board sympathy, like drama-queen sillybozo.

He's not the only one on here that has posted about the death of a loved one, is he.

Are they doing the same thing then?
He has an established pattern of shilling for cyber-sympathy. If it's not this, take your pick of other crises. He gets no succor from me.

That really depends upon the individual involved. Some of us may, and have every right to, decide that we don't want to live that way near the end of our lives. Especially if we have other serious issues and don't want to continue to live in excruciating pain or in a drugged up fugue. As said many times in this thread, it's best to having a living will which leave no doubt.

Sealy knew his grandmother - you didn't.

How compassionate of you to pass judgment when you don't know the people involved.

Hi everyone. My 90 year old grandmother just died. They had a ventalator tube down her throat for 14 days. They said they can't keep the tube in any longer than 14 days, so our options were to go to a Trakeotomy tube in her neck, or just let her go in piece.

Every doctor and nurse said to let her go in piece. BUT, one doctor who's a friend of the family said that the trake procedure isn't that bad and that she could possibly one day get better and go back to just oxygen.

But more likely she'd go to a really crappy old folks home and live her last days with a tube connected to her neck. Unable to speak, walk, eat, etc.

Anyways, I had one relative who wanted to do the trake procedure. He's mad at us for not trying everything, and we can't believe he doesn't see our side of it.

What would you guys do? Would you keep them alive and try even though its probably pointless and you would just prolong their suffering? Or would you take the tube out of their throat and just let them go in piece, with lots of morphine to take away the pain?

You should all let your families know what you want for yourselves. Now we know that none of us want the trake in the throat, unless we are young enough that we will recover. But if we only have a 20% chance of getting better and having a good quality of life, we all said NO, let us go in piece.

I'm assuming religious people might say do everything you can, no matter what. I'm curious to hear what others have to say.

Well, if it was my older brother, I would let him. He already told us that he does not care what happens to him.

If it was my solder sister, I would keep her alive. She is afraid of death and the her kids love being around her but feel they can't talk to her. It would be the perfect time for them to tell my sister how they feel.

If it is me, give me morphine and let me go!! I like to travel, even if it is to the other side of the room. If I can not do that, I would go nuts from boredom.

Forum List

Back