CDZ What would American Culture Be Without Black People?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, we are talking about American culture.

Yes. And the European music/culture that the English colonists brought with them is obviously important to the development of that culture.

Because we can all obviously see the strong influences of classical music in jazz, blues, rock and roll, R and B, is that right?

Yes.

So then you don't actually know anything about music.

Enough that I have heard classic sounding bits in rock and roll songs.

Where did jazz musicians get their instruments?

You mean instruments like the banjo?

Yes. And the European music/culture that the English colonists brought with them is obviously important to the development of that culture.

Because we can all obviously see the strong influences of classical music in jazz, blues, rock and roll, R and B, is that right?

Yes.

So then you don't actually know anything about music.

Enough that I have heard classic sounding bits in rock and roll songs.

Where did jazz musicians get their instruments?

You mean instruments like the banjo?

I was thinking more like the saxophone and the trombone.

These instruments came from classic music and were used to make jazz music.

This is, in a very basic way, European influence on Jazz.

As I said.

While there is no doubt that Blacks throughout the history of this country have contributed greatly to its culture, they are not the only ones who made American culture what it is...

Would there be any American culture that anyone would care about without African American culture? If black folks had never been enslaved what would the culture of America look like? I believe it would be a dull, lifeless, colorless culture with very little to offer the world. Blues, Jazz, Rock and Roll, R and B, etc.; music the whole world listens to, music everyone everywhere loves, and as American as apple pie. These are America's best and lasting contributions to humanity. When this country is ancient history, African American culture is what we'll be remembered for.
Ever see that Dave chappelle and john Meyer skit where the blacks are the beat the whites guitar the Latins salsa stuff. We all add someting. I'm Greek. Maybe we'd have more bozoki guitar if blacks didn't hog the spotlight. Lol

I love r&b. Love black music. More than any white guy I know. I'm from Detroit and funny I dont love all of Motown.

Love Brian McKnight r kelly and The Weekend type singers. I miss sysqo. Then there's tupak. And buggy. Mace and pdiddy. I miss the 90s. Blackstreet on the radio. I dont think I'd love music nearly as much without you!

While there is no doubt that Blacks throughout the history of this country have contributed greatly to its culture, they are not the only ones who made American culture what it is...
No we ruined everything they invent. They give us michael jackson we give them justin bieber. We do have Eminem though and kid rock.

Would there be any American culture that anyone would care about without African American culture? If black folks had never been enslaved what would the culture of America look like? I believe it would be a dull, lifeless, colorless culture with very little to offer the world. Blues, Jazz, Rock and Roll, R and B, etc.; music the whole world listens to, music everyone everywhere loves, and as American as apple pie. These are America's best and lasting contributions to humanity. When this country is ancient history, African American culture is what we'll be remembered for.
Well, you need to preach that to the choir. If you hadn't had warred with each other like you are STILL doing, the winning tribes in africa would not have had black african enemies that lost that particular battle, to sell to the white guys willing to pay for them.

The United States Census of 1860 was the eighth Census conducted in the United States starting June 1, 1860 and lasting five months. It determined the population of the United States to be 31,443,321, an increase of 35.4 percent over the 23,191,875 persons enumerated during the 1850 Census. The total population included 3,953,761 slaves, representing 12.6% of the total population.

Interesting that the black % of the total population has remained almost stagnant since the Civil War.

No we ruined everything they invent. They give us michael jackson we give them justin bieber. We do have Eminem though and kid rock.

Bieber is Canadian. Damn Canadians...

Doobie brothers Bob seager beatles Crosby stills and Nash. Bob Dylan. Barbara Streisand white country. James taylor

Good point.

Name the number one singer in Africa. Can't name one? Then how great is African music without america? So there must be something about america that makes blacks better. Better athletes scholars and singers.

Your welcome.

Omg that's it! We would be Canada if we didn't have so many large black ghettos with high crime.

I understand blacks fled to Canada during slavery. Does Canada have ghettos or hoods? Why does america?

No problem...we could polka !!

its a barrel of fun !

Name the number one singer in Africa. Can't name one? Then how great is African music without america? So there must be something about america that makes blacks better. Better athletes scholars and singers.

Your welcome.

Yeah, must be something about America, like slavery and centuries of oppression.

Well, you need to preach that to the choir. If you hadn't had warred with each other like you are STILL doing, the winning tribes in africa would not have had black african enemies that lost that particular battle, to sell to the white guys willing to pay for them.

Thank you for that deep, thoughtful anthropological analysis, professor. Insights like yours are a hallmark of the kind of academic excellence only achieved through diligent scholarship, you are truly an inspiration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back