CDZ What would American Culture Be Without Black People?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liminal

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2015
In Your Face
Would there be any American culture that anyone would care about without African American culture? If black folks had never been enslaved what would the culture of America look like? I believe it would be a dull, lifeless, colorless culture with very little to offer the world. Blues, Jazz, Rock and Roll, R and B, etc.; music the whole world listens to, music everyone everywhere loves, and as American as apple pie. These are America's best and lasting contributions to humanity. When this country is ancient history, African American culture is what we'll be remembered for.

Mod Edit - this is the CDZ!

Last edited by a moderator:
Would there be any American culture that anyone would care about without African American culture? If black folks had never been enslaved what would the culture of America look like? I believe it would be a dull, lifeless, colorless culture with very little to offer the world. Blues, Jazz, Rock and Roll, R and B, etc.; music the whole world listens to, music everyone everywhere loves, and as American as apple pie. These are America's best and lasting contributions to humanity. When this country is ancient history, African American culture is what we'll be remembered for.
True but you could say that kind of thing about every other culture as well.

Perhaps you'd like to elaborate on how that's true.

Well now I think that you're intent is not genuine.

But sure I'll expand a bit. Baseball, Basketball, and Football were all created by white Americans. There are other things too but as you only used music I'll just stick to one thing too. I'm not arguing that makes them any better than Black Americans, just that everyone has contributed to this country. We are called a melting pot for a reason.

Don't be a racist.

But sure I'll expand a bit. Baseball, Basketball, and Football were all created by white Americans. There are other things too but as you only used music I'll just stick to one thing too. I'm not arguing that makes them any better than Black Americans, just that everyone has contributed to this country. We are called a melting pot for a reason.

Don't be a racist.

Music is universal and international, and American music is obviously the best, most influential, and most widely listened to in history. Our music will endure, our games will be a foot note for posterity.

Don't be a racist.

Music is universal and international, and American music is obviously the best, most influential, and most widely listened to in history. Our music will endure, our games will be a foot note for posterity.
Your ridiculous. Mozart has 250 years on Chuck Berry. The Olympics have over 2700 years on Louis Armstrong.

I hope you created your profile as a joke.

Don't be a racist.

Your ridiculous. Mozart has 250 years on Chuck Berry. The Olympics have over 2700 years on Louis Armstrong.

We were talking about American culture, you seem a little confused about that.

Don't be a racist.

Far more people have listened to Beethoven and Mozart than any American musician.

Now back to America... Baseball has been around far longer than any music created by a black person. It is more universal and international than music. They play it everywhere.

Btw back to the claim that American music is the most widely listened to music in the world... except The Beatles have overwhelmingly claimed that title. And today Shakira is the most popular international artist.

Don't be a racist.

Far more people have listened to Beethoven and Mozart than any American musician.

Now back to America... Baseball has been around far longer than any music created by a black person. It is more universal and international than music. They play it everywhere.

Btw back to the claim that American music is the most widely listened to music in the world... except The Beatles have overwhelmingly claimed that title. And today Shakira is the most popular international artist.

And what kind of music were the Beatles known for. Was it classical? Maybe country? I forget, what was it again?

If it weren't for black folks there'd be no Elvis, there would be few aspects of American culture that could be regarded as "cool".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back