What will convert Rs to ObamaCare's side

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
How Testicular Cancer Convinced A Former Republican Staffer To Leave His Party | ThinkProgress

In an interview with the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Murphy said he thought after 10 years since his cancer diagnosis, the insurance companies might cut him some slack — instead, they found something else to charge him for.

“I have sleep apnea. They treated sleep apnea as a pre-existing condition. I’m going right now with no insurance,” he told the AJC.

That’s why Murphy had this to say to his Republican friends who oppose Obamacare on Facebook last week: “When you say you’re against it, you’re saying that you don’t want people like me to have health insurance.”

Murphy says Republicans’ insensitivity towards the health care debate has made it so that he can’t in good conscience call himself a Republican anymore — he now identifies as an independent. He doesn’t think Obamacare is perfect, but he thinks it’s a start, and he says he’s tired of Republicans “not even participating in the process” of improving America’s health care system.

What are the Rs offering to take the place of ObamaCare?

Nothing.

"Sleep apnea"? The freaking post is about whether sleep apnea is covered by existing insurance? Pardon me while I guffaw.

How Testicular Cancer Convinced A Former Republican Staffer To Leave His Party | ThinkProgress

In an interview with the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Murphy said he thought after 10 years since his cancer diagnosis, the insurance companies might cut him some slack — instead, they found something else to charge him for.

“I have sleep apnea. They treated sleep apnea as a pre-existing condition. I’m going right now with no insurance,” he told the AJC.

That’s why Murphy had this to say to his Republican friends who oppose Obamacare on Facebook last week: “When you say you’re against it, you’re saying that you don’t want people like me to have health insurance.”

Murphy says Republicans’ insensitivity towards the health care debate has made it so that he can’t in good conscience call himself a Republican anymore — he now identifies as an independent. He doesn’t think Obamacare is perfect, but he thinks it’s a start, and he says he’s tired of Republicans “not even participating in the process” of improving America’s health care system.
What are the Rs offering to take the place of ObamaCare?

Nothing.

He got sick, and wanted someone else to foot the bill.

And, somehow, you think that proves that I am wrong.

"Sleep apnea"? The freaking post is about whether sleep apnea is covered by existing insurance? Pardon me while I guffaw.

1. No, its not about sleep apnea.

2. Sleep apnea kills.

It does kill, and many people are treated for it. C Pap machines aren't cheap.

That is because you want insurance to pay for them. If, on the other hand, people paid for them out of pocket, my guess is they would be a lot less expensive than the $300 model I found after searching for 5 seconds.

Health care in America has LONG been a "trainwreck". Its ridiculous to say this is new and caused by ObamaCare.

In fact, ObamaCare offers choices to people who had no choices before. And, we're seeing it driving down prices. Read some of the links in this forum.

If Obama became a Republican, the Republicans would instantly adore Obamacare.

Republicans don't want it to succeed because they don't want Obama to succeed, hence they're doing their best to sabotage it. "Party before country" is now one of the guiding principles of the modern Republican.

Republicans don't want it to succeed because they don't want Obama to succeed, hence they're doing their best to sabotage it. "Party before country" is now one of the guiding principles of the modern Republican.

I don't give a flying fuck what Republicans want. I don't want ACA because it grants government control over our most important personal decisions.

I don't give a flying fuck what Republicans want. I don't want ACA because it grants government control over our most important personal decisions.

So you say. How about detailing exactly what those decisions are? Otherwise, you are just flapyapping a sound bite.

So you say. How about detailing exactly what those decisions are? Otherwise, you are just flapyapping a sound bite.

The decision of how to pay for our health care.

The decision of how to pay for our health care. The rest of it flows from there.

Where as before it was a private insurer with a monetary benefit cap. You are delusional at best thinking you are the one in control on the decisions of your health and the care provided. What is worse is how the elderly are treated by doctors. insurance and the states ability to devoid your life's possessions if, a private doctor commits you to mandatory nursing care.

Last edited:

Where as before it was a private insurer with a monetary benefit cap. You are delusional at best thinking you are the one in control on the decisions of your health and the care provided. What is worse is how the elderly are treated by doctors. insurance and the states ability to devoid your life's possessions if, a private doctor commits you to mandatory nursing care.

Not at all. There is a profound difference between being dependent on voluntary associations with others and being controlled by coercion. That you don't get that, that most of our nation doesn't get that, is our downfall.

ACA ... grants government control over our most important personal decisions.

Why is it that no one ever posts PROOF of this allegation?

Oh. Proof? Wow.. sorry. I assumed, given how much you bloviate about it, that you'd read the law - or were at least aware of its contents. I didn't want to insult your intelligence by implying otherwise.

Anyway, here's the portion you missed:

Now, if you're going to pretend that being forced to buy insurance from government appointed vendors isn't granting government (and their corporate sponsors) control over one of our most important personal decisions, then you are deluded beyond belief. Or simply lying on behalf of your corporate masters. Either way, kindly go get fucked. It'll do you world of good, honest.

House Republicans May Use Debt Ceiling As Leverage In Fight Against Obamacare

On Wednesday evening, Reuters quoted an aide to House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.) as saying that the need to raise the nation's debt ceiling was a "good leverage point" to force action on Obamacare....

"Not repeal," said the aide, when asked what was in the cards. "One of many things we can pursue on debt limit [is] potentially the individual mandate delay and codifying the business mandate delay. And perhaps other aspects."

See the slide show for points in the Obama budget, which I'm sure the Rs will again filibuster.

I am so sick of the Republicans laying on the floor, kicking their feet and holding their breath because they lost. its just incredible that they voted to spend money but now threaten not to make good on the debts they voted to incur.

ACA is a done deal and all their tantrums and traitorous actions against the United States will not change that.

ACA is a done deal and all their tantrums and traitorous actions against the United States will not change that.

Maybe. But I'm glad they're trying. Even if it's for superficial political reasons, anything that might throw a wrench in our march toward corporatism is worthwhile.

1011484_597418130310719_119172506_n.png

Forum List

Back