What Were You In High School?

What "Group" Were You In In High School?

• Jocks / Cheerleaders

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Nerds

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Heads

• Rejects

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Preppies

• Bimbos

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something Else (please specify)

Votes: 17 60.7%

• Total voters
.... I was most likely in the "Reject" category. I never fit in with any of the defined groups and, if I didn't have a boyfriend, would just sit at the table were other "non conformists" sat.....

I was a member of two groups - one belong to the church I attended and the other the guys in Vocational Agriculture, my major.

...We were called 'Band Fags'...

Yeah, I remember that one too. :rock:

Ironically, there was quite a bit of hetero hanky-pankage going on during some of those band trips. I had the good fortune of having a girlfriend who was a member of the auxiliary unit for the better part of my two seasons in the marching band. Good times.

Funny thing is, within the band group itself, we called the male auxiliary members "flaggots". :laugh: ................. :cry:

Dam straight! I got my first 'stinky pinky' on a 7th grade trip down to U of Alabama.

-Geaux

Ironically, there was quite a bit of hetero hanky-pankage going on during some of those band trips. I had the good fortune of having a girlfriend who was a member of the auxiliary unit for the better part of my two seasons in the marching band. Good times.

Funny thing is, within the band group itself, we called the male auxiliary members "flaggots". :laugh: ................. :cry:

Dam straight! I got my first 'stinky pinky' on a 7th grade trip down to U of Alabama.

-Geaux

Are you saying that the band girls were sluts and whores? Having sex with boys before being married? OMG! Sinners!!!

Also, I've seen some of those band girls, so that's quite surprising. :D

Bonzi, you forgot to include the Goths in your list.

Icp_1da1a6_719240.jpg

Hmm....interesting question. I didn't fit into any of those categories, although i got along with all of them. I was the lead singer in a band and did a lot of work at the local volunteer theater as an actor and dancer. I also played middle linebacker and was on the debate and chess teams. So I guess I was kind of a jack of all trades. However, all that stage work did afford me a lot of attention from the girls and I was a hell of a sweet talker and kind of a "love 'em and leave 'em" kind of guy (and given my raging hormones and opportunity, I took full advantage of it), so I guess if you asked my classmates they would probably categorize me as a "playa". :lol: Although we wouldn't have used that term back then. Let's just say that most of my friends got far less friendly when their sisters were around me. :D
What we call ourselves sometimes is quite different from what others call us behind our backs.

-Geaux

Are you saying that the band girls were sluts and whores? Having sex with boys before being married? OMG! Sinners!!!

Also, I've seen some of those band girls, so that's quite surprising. :D

Indeed!

-Geaux

th

Band geek/nerd. Took first chair trumpet away from a senior my freshman year. Then I dropped out of HS altogether after my sophomore year. Turbulent times at home.
I was last chair trombone. I liked band because we traveled and played in concerts. I was pretty much forced to play the trombone because my brothers played it and my parents didn't want to buy me a guitar.

I dropped out of school at the beginning of the tenth grade. I found whatever jobs I could to help support my family (mom, dad, older brother and younger sister). For almost a year I worked as a live-in farm hand. I enlisted in the Marine Corps two days past my seventeenth birthday and got my GED while serving. Years later when I was financially able I went to college. I received my MBA at the age of forty-two and my JD at forty-five.

Bonzi, you forgot to include the Goths in your list.

Icp_1da1a6_719240.jpg

Yeah, I actually thought about it... not sure when Goth entered the scene, but am guessing I left a lot of 30's to 20's out of the survey (of course, I did add "something else" to cover those bases!)

Hmm....interesting question. I didn't fit into any of those categories, although i got along with all of them. I was the lead singer in a band and did a lot of work at the local volunteer theater as an actor and dancer. I also played middle linebacker and was on the debate and chess teams. So I guess I was kind of a jack of all trades. However, all that stage work did afford me a lot of attention from the girls and I was a hell of a sweet talker and kind of a "love 'em and leave 'em" kind of guy (and given my raging hormones and opportunity, I took full advantage of it), so I guess if you asked my classmates they would probably categorize me as a "playa". :lol: Although we wouldn't have used that term back then. Let's just say that most of my friends got far less friendly when their sisters were around me. :D
What we call ourselves sometimes is quite different from what others call us behind our backs.

that's true... I felt like an outcast, then came to find out later people just thought I was a stuck up bitch.
some things never change... ;)

that's true... I felt like an outcast, then came to find out later people just thought I was a stuck up bitch.
I learned that people who sometimes smile in your face are your worst critics. Best thing I learned is never let what they think bother you. Doesn't matter what you do, you can't change them. Give them back their hatred and it only justifies their feelings of ill will towards you.

I don't hang around bad people. I didn't fit in with the cool kids because I wasn't one of them. Making fun of or picking on other kids bothered me.

Friend of mine was a a band-geek. This one kid liked shoving smaller kids into lockers and he tried it on my friend. My friend kicked him in the nuts......It was so cool. It was so funny seeing this bully laying on the floor grasping at his nads while writhing in pain. Classic.

I learned that people who sometimes smile in your face are your worst critics. Best thing I learned is never let what they think bother you. Doesn't matter what you do, you can't change them. Give them back their hatred and it only justifies their feelings of ill will towards you.

I don't hang around bad people. I didn't fit in with the cool kids because I wasn't one of them. Making fun of or picking on other kids bothered me.

Friend of mine was a a band-geek. This one kid liked shoving smaller kids into lockers and he tried it on my friend. My friend kicked him in the nuts......It was so cool. It was so funny seeing this bully laying on the floor grasping at his nads while writhing in pain. Classic.

When I was in Jr. High and High School, I just wanted to be around people that I felt comfortable and natural with. Not having to watch what I say, wear etc. I'm still like that, but like you said, you just have to "be" and people will like you or not.... many times not in my case .... which is okay (now) .... when you don't fit people's perceptions of what they think you should be, it throws them off and they don't know what to do with that, so they avoid you.

I never wanted to see anyone hurting. I figure people are jerks for a reason - most likely because their parents are jerks.........

When I was in Jr. High and High School, I just wanted to be around people that I felt comfortable and natural with. Not having to watch what I say, wear etc. I'm still like that, but like you said, you just have to "be" and people will like you or not.... many times not in my case .... which is okay (now) .... when you don't fit people's perceptions of what they think you should be, it throws them off and they don't know what to do with that, so they avoid you.

I never wanted to see anyone hurting. I figure people are jerks for a reason - most likely because their parents are jerks.........

Who knows.

Often times some kid I didn't even know would come up and start cussing at me. His friends would stand back to see what happens. Usually I would pop him in the nose and he'd start crying. This was why I was so fast a runner. Running from 20 assholes builds your endurance.

Who knows.

Often times some kid I didn't even know would come up and start cussing at me. His friends would stand back to see what happens. Usually I would pop him in the nose and he'd start crying. This was why I was so fast a runner. Running from 20 assholes builds your endurance.

I only had the nerve once I had had enough of this girl harassing me and I shoved her up against the lockers. She never bothered me again... but I hate confrontation........

Who knows.

I only had the nerve once I had had enough of this girl harassing me and I shoved her up against the lockers. She never bothered me again... but I hate confrontation........

Girl at church used to call me "The Eyeshadow Kid" every time she saw me. I mostly ignored her. I guess my eyes didn't look boyish enough for her. More like Bambi eyes. She just acted an ass and I didn't talk to her. At school she would have gotten an asswhipping, but I behaved myself at church. I just never understood those types.

Forum List

Back