What was your average day like when you were 14?...

At 14, my average day sucked. It was 2 years since our dad passed away, the three older siblings had left home, and I was the head of household taking care of the 3 younger kids. Mom had her hands full trying to keep a debt-laden business afloat while clothing and feeding us. Yeah it sucked ballz.

I was probably mowing a lawn or running around the neighborhood on my bike with the four other guys my age. Our parents picked a good neighborhood and kept track of what we were doing and who was around. Invest in your kids people. That means money AND time.

i have the heartbreak of Psoriasis, i had to spend a minium of 8 hours in the sun.....so on nice days i was at the pool at ft bragg....on cloudy days i was under a sunlamp.....now i have skin cancer...the good kind....as my doc said....if you have to have cancer this is the kind to have

My Sister was covered from head to toe... It was miserable for her... She'd come home from work and demand, "Scratch!"...

Actually, I think her's was more eczema...

Terrible either way... Literally covered her entire body.

My Sympathies to you... :(

:)

peace...

By the time I was 14, I'd been an orphan for about 6 years, had been shifted around with various family members and had been in foster care for about 2 years.

During the school year, my days were filled with study, wrestling and boxing. During the summer, I built a fence on the property owned by my foster family, as well as would bicycle 5 miles every other day down to Frenchtown pond just outside of Missoulla MT.

I also raised various animals for meat and milk.

Pretty simple life back then actually.............

By the time I was 14, I'd been an orphan for about 6 years, had been shifted around with various family members and had been in foster care for about 2 years.

During the school year, my days were filled with study, wrestling and boxing. During the summer, I built a fence on the property owned by my foster family, as well as would bicycle 5 miles every other day down to Frenchtown pond just outside of Missoulla MT.

Considering your Adversity, it sounds like your Youth was still a good Experience.

peace...

Considering your Adversity, it sounds like your Youth was still a good Experience.

peace...

You ain't even heard the half of it dude........my childhood was a horror show from age 5 until I was around 10. The only places I really felt safe and taken care of was when I was living with my Grandparents.

But yeah........you're right, I did come through quite a bit of adversity. The Navy helped a GREAT deal with that as it taught me discipline.

Forum List

Back