what to do about Trump?!

What to do about Trump? Nothing.

Just sit back and enjoy this moment in history. It's a once in a lifetime candidacy and it's entertaining as hell! He's been declared dead at least 3 times, so far, and he only gets more popular. His appeal is the fact that he's a successful businessman and he's NOT a politician. He refuses to be "politically correct" and he'll call a spade a spade. People are sick of the professional political class that talk a big game but get nothing done.

That's why Ben Carson, Carly Fiorina, and Donald Trump are climbing the polls too. A lot of people feel like maybe it's time for a non-politician to run the country.

Democrats are fucked, all they have tired old white politicians making the same tired old politician promises that they have no intention of keeping......

:popcorn:

Nobody is going to buy Trump's name from him for $3.3M. The value is his ability to use it to earn future income; so what he is doing is making some bogus FV estimate of his income stream.

I'm not surprised that a halfwit such as yourself is duped by Trump.

No one is offering to sell their name. However, IF Trump wanted to sell his name for $3.3 billion (note that I know the difference between millions and billions), it would be a STEAL of an investment.

His financial statement is disclosure of his net worth, of which, his name is of value. This has nothing to do with his "income stream" and no one claimed it did. Submitting BOGUS information to the FEC is a big no-no... maybe not for a liberal democrat, but for everybody else.

Oooh. I made a TYPO. That doesn't change the validity of my point: NOBODY IS GOING TO BUY TRUMP'S NAME from him, especially for $3.3B.

I think it's a high estimate. Trump earns about $150 million a year from his name, through licensing deals. So people are willing to pay for his name.....If you figure 6-7x annual earnings, his name is worth at least $1 Billion.

:thup:

Nobody is going to buy Trump's name from him for $3.3M. The value is his ability to use it to earn future income; so what he is doing is making some bogus FV estimate of his income stream.

No one is offering to sell their name. However, IF Trump wanted to sell his name for $3.3 billion (note that I know the difference between millions and billions), it would be a STEAL of an investment.

His financial statement is disclosure of his net worth, of which, his name is of value. This has nothing to do with his "income stream" and no one claimed it did. Submitting BOGUS information to the FEC is a big no-no... maybe not for a liberal democrat, but for everybody else.

Oooh. I made a TYPO. That doesn't change the validity of my point: NOBODY IS GOING TO BUY TRUMP'S NAME from him, especially for $3.3B.

I think it's a high estimate. Trump earns about $150 million a year from his name, through licensing deals. So people are willing to pay for his name.....If you figure 6-7x annual earnings, his name is worth at least $1 Billion.

It's rather bogus to include his name as an asset - rather gimmicky just to inflate his wealth.

An emotionally secure person wouldn't do this.

It's rather bogus to include his name as an asset - rather gimmicky just to inflate his wealth.

Not really. It's an income producing asset. Many developers pay Donald Trump to market their properties and be the public face for their projects. Even Forbes values his "name" at around $600 million.

Not really. It's an income producing asset. Many developers pay Donald Trump to market their properties and be the public face for their projects. Even Forbes values his "name" at around $600 million.

To the extent that he has committed licensing arrangements to use his name, fine. If he has just made up a figure based on what others "may" pay in the future, then no. It looks like he used the latter method.

Last edited:

To the extent that he has committed licensing arrangements to use his name, fine. If he has just made up a figure based on what other "may" pay it the future, then no. It looks like he used the latter method.

Like I said, it's a high estimate. Nobody is disputing that he has a healthy self image!

:rofl:

Inflated Ego, yes - Healthy, no.

If he truly had a healthy ego, he wouldn't have this pathological need to brag about his wealth.

To the extent that he has committed licensing arrangements to use his name, fine. If he has just made up a figure based on what other "may" pay it the future, then no. It looks like he used the latter method.

Like I said, it's a high estimate. Nobody is disputing that he has a healthy self image!

:rofl:

Is there any evidence that Trump has gained significant support from anyone other than the old Tea Party coalitions? It seems the percentages seem about the same. The faction that represents the Tea Party has always been in the 25% - 30% of the Republican Party. If that is the case, and those Trump supporters are in fact the old coalition folks, what evidence is there that Trump can garner support beyond that faction? In other words, has Trump maxed out in regards to gaining Republican rank and file support?

Trump is very much a TP candidate but he isn't the only one. What you tend to want to do... because you are a sheep who follows your flock... is to presume that everyone else follows the flock same as you. They don't. Most free-thinking rational individuals with a brain actually have different opinions and vary greatly on many issues. So there is no flock of sheep called "Tea Party" who are going to follow any particular shepherd because that's what the other sheep are doing... I know, it's a tough concept for someone like you... a total sheep... to understand.
There is a flock called the Tea Party and they are more brainwashed and cult oriented than any other significant political movement in America. They believe the absolute weirdest and misinformed trash in the political stream of propaganda and view it as factual data. Those dopes believe what they are told like robotic zombies.

No... that's part of the misinformation you've been fed by your masters at DailyKos. The TRUTH is, much of the Tea Party are conservatives and libertarians who feel like the elite establishment of both parties have sold us down the river. Their views differ greatly on a host of issues, from national security to abortion and gay marriage. They share philosophy on smaller limited government and less taxes. They share philosophy on securing the border. Most of them believe in God. BUT, more important than anything else... they are ALL individuals! They think individually! Unlike YOU.... a SHEEP, following the rest of the flock.

Trump is an interesting phenomenon. He clearly knows how to handle publicity. He has very deep pockets should he choose to expend his resources.

What if the party chieftains continue to seek Trump's head on a platter and the rank and file revolt?

We may very well see Dems believing they can afford the risk of supporting Bernie.

What then?

If the question is what do the Democrats do about Trump; that is easy. Nothing. He's a cancer on the GOP.

If your question is what do the Republicants do about Trump, it's much more complicated. They set up the rules for their debates and will have to live with them. It's a classic case of a party leadership not knowing the rank and file of his party. Princess Freebus should have given himself an escape hatch and set up some exec committee to decide what happens if an onerous figure gets into the race and polls well. Instead, he created this strait jacket and he had better hope that Trump doubles down on the crazy and begins to feel the pressure to drop out from somewhere else although its unclear what, if anything, could compel Trump to stop acting like an ass. The voters will let him know sooner or later that he's not preferred. In reality, Freebus's larger concern would likely be that if Trump shows up and starts acting like Thomas Jefferson and begins to sound sane and wins some races. There is no way he wins against Hillary though unless she shoots herself in the foot and if we know anything about Ms. Clinton, she has both pistols fully loaded.

Very well stated.

Forum List

Back