What the DNC could NOT do, Trump has accomplished in 9 months

nat4900

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2015
Lets face it......Trump has managed to tear apart the Republican party in less than 9 months.
Of course, right wingers on this forum are torn between rabid support of Trump, while others know that as Trump's popularity rises (as confirmed by yesterday's "super Tuesday") the chances of a republican sitting in the oval office diminish.

There are three other factors to be considered in this turbulent election cycle:

First, a Trump nomination is tantamount to a GOP loss of virtually any minority voters, and if democrats were concerned about voters' turnout, a Trump candidacy will certainly increase votes AGAINST him.

Second, a Trump candidacy also jeopardizes the GOP's already tenuous chances of holding on to the senate's majority as 24 of those republican seats must be defended this November...

Third, the cleavage that has developed within the ranks of republican voters may take a generation to mend...all this while the number of minority voters keeps on increasing...a voting bloc that has long distrusted the GOP policies.

We are living in interesting political times, aren't we?

After Trump is soundly defeated in November, it will be interesting to see how the GOP picks up the pieces

What can be salvaged after Trump has destroyed the base?

How do you rebuild a party of "angry republicans"?

Lets face it......Trump has managed to tear apart the Republican party in less than 9 months.
Of course, right wingers on this forum are torn between rabid support of Trump, while others know that as Trump's popularity rises (as confirmed by yesterday's "super Tuesday") the chances of a republican sitting in the oval office diminish.

There are three other factors to be considered in this turbulent election cycle:

First, a Trump nomination is tantamount to a GOP loss of virtually any minority voters, and if democrats were concerned about voters' turnout, a Trump candidacy will certainly increase votes AGAINST him.

Second, a Trump candidacy also jeopardizes the GOP's already tenuous chances of holding on to the senate's majority as 24 of those republican seats must be defended this November...

Third, the cleavage that has developed within the ranks of republican voters may take a generation to mend...all this while the number of minority voters keeps on increasing...a voting bloc that has long distrusted the GOP policies.

I don't know - I believe that the GOP has been on the verge of this "shakeup" for many years and Trump has just made it real. The GOP - just like the DNC is made up of "lifers" that know one thing and ONLY one thing. Imagine a scene where the "elder statesmen" walk around in togas, telling each other that they (and only they) can make decisions for the "masses" - that those same "masses" are too "rural" or "stupid" to make decisions for themselves and that they must rely on those "chosen" to rule over them to "keep them in line".

Thats the GOP and the DNC.

What is happening now is that AMERICA has had ENOUGH of this bullshit. AMERICA is shaking up the GOP and not the other way around. Look - America is throwing their support behind a PT Barnum like character because they have had ENOUGH of old farts in togas telling us WHO should control their lives. Now, I'm VERY skeptical of Trump - but there is one thing that cannot be denied - America is behind him. With (anywhere) from 13 candidates and down to 5 - Trump is STILL garnering the same percentage that Hillary is in these primaries. Wait till Carson, Kasich, and probably Rubio drop out. You will see the landslide that is starting.

In November - Trump will win by (at least) 10 points over the bitch Clinton. It WILL be a blood bath.

The OP speaks of the GOP being shaken up like it's a bad thing. People are fed up with establishment, the people supporting Trump recognize it for what it is. The ones supporting Hillary would be wise to

I'm wondering what the excuses will be if Trump beats Hillary in November?

I don't know - I believe that the GOP has been on the verge of this "shakeup" for many years and Trump has just made it real. The GOP - just like the DNC is made up of "lifers" that know one thing and ONLY one thing. Imagine a scene where the "elder statesmen" walk around in togas, telling each other that they (and only they) can make decisions for the "masses" - that those same "masses" are too "rural" or "stupid" to make decisions for themselves and that they must rely on those "chosen" to rule over them to "keep them in line".

Thats the GOP and the DNC.

What is happening now is that AMERICA has had ENOUGH of this bullshit. AMERICA is shaking up the GOP and not the other way around. Look - America is throwing their support behind a PT Barnum like character because they have had ENOUGH of old farts in togas telling us WHO should control their lives. Now, I'm VERY skeptical of Trump - but there is one thing that cannot be denied - America is behind him. With (anywhere) from 13 candidates and down to 5 - Trump is STILL garnering the same percentage that Hillary is in these primaries. Wait till Carson, Kasich, and probably Rubio drop out. You will see the landslide that is starting.

In November - Trump will win by (at least) 10 points over the bitch Clinton. It WILL be a blood bath.
Chillary will ensure the "blood bath" part.

It still took a cut-and-run, pro-choice, AWB backing, UHC supporting Democrat (Donald Trump) to tear apart the GOP.

You know what really sucks?

The only viable alternative to Trump now is Rafael Cruz! :bang3:

Do you want a punch to the face, or a kick to the nuts?

A % of active Republicans are behind Trump.

No one else is. There are no polls or numbers that show any interest in Trump from the center, the left, women, blacks, Hispanics, and so forth and so on.

I wouldn't be too sure about Trump and the claims America is behind him. Even Hillary is in better shape than Trump.
Trump Approval Rating-31% Disapproval Rating-63%
Clinton Approval Rating-41% Disapproval Rating-53%
Favorability: People in the News
Let's face it, neither Clinton or Trump have America all happy about them. 63% and 53% disapproval ratings are very hard to overcome.

The OP speaks of the GOP being shaken up like it's a bad thing. People are fed up with establishment, the people supporting Trump recognize it for what it is. The ones supporting Hillary would be wise to

Cruz would be a more effective shake up. I want it shaken up and brought back to founding principles. I want Republicans to do what they have been promising. Electing a Republican to shake things up that do the opposite doesn't fix the problem. It's just going to make everyone even more angry. The only good thing Trump might do is seal the border and that's assuming we can trust his campaign promises. I don't think we can

The DNC has no intention of bringing down their butt buddies in the GOP,I mean why would they,they have the perfect scam going?

Ironically, I agree with almost all of the above responses.

No doubt, the DNC ALSO needs to be shaken up to its core......I very, very much dislike Clinton (both of them, actually) and left with the choice...as someone else adequately stated.....either a punch in the face or a kick in the groin.

Actually, I believe that Trump would turn out to be much more "liberal" than Clinton were he to be elected (unlikely)...but what I find perplexing is that few that have asked him direct questions, don't bother to specifically inquire how he would really fare with a lazy, self-centered congress that (as Obama has well-found out) will fight him at every turn.

How do you rebuild a party of "angry republicans"?

You probably cannot.......giving (possibly) one of the best, serious scenario of the emergence of a third party.

I don't know what you can do with that faction of the GOP. They have totally unreachable expectations and will not tolerate halfway steps or compromise
They will hate anyone that comes to the forefront

Forum List

Back