What That Bitch Said

shart_attack

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
hangin' with my bro e.coli
Post a quote by an infamous woman in world history.

Kick it off with:

Leona Helmsley said:
I'm a very firm believer that a liar is a cheat and a thief and a crook. I don't like liars. I never lie. I always told my own child, "If you murder somebody, tell me. I'll help you hide the body. But don't you lie to me.

Leona Helmsley Quotes

r

@LiberalMedia
@Rikurzhen
@Vigilante

(Oh yeah, and just in case he hopefully ever shows up here:

@LarryFlynt :badgrin: )

Last edited:
I would not look to the U.S. Constitution if I were drafting a constitution in 2012.

Frankly, I had thought that at the time Roe was decided, there was concern about population growth and particularly growth in populations that we don't want to have too many of.

91237256.jpg.CROP.rectangle3-large.jpg

I would not look to the U.S. Constitution if I were drafting a constitution in 2012.

Frankly, I had thought that at the time Roe was decided, there was concern about population growth and particularly growth in populations that we don't want to have too many of.

Did Ginsburg say that? Fo realz???

Eyeah.

As per usual, you folks resort to creative editing to create a point that was never made.

This is the interview.

JUSTICE GINSBURG: Oh, yes. I think it will be.

Q: If you were a lawyer again, what would you want to accomplish as a future feminist legal agenda?

JUSTICE GINSBURG: Reproductive choice has to be straightened out. There will never be a woman of means without choice anymore. That just seems to me so obvious. The states that had changed their abortion laws before Roe [to make abortion legal] are not going to change back. So we have a policy that affects only poor women, and it can never be otherwise, and I don’t know why this hasn’t been said more often.

Q: Are you talking about the distances women have to travel because in parts of the country, abortion is essentially unavailable, because there are so few doctors and clinics that do the procedure? And also, the lack of Medicaid for abortions for poor women?

JUSTICE GINSBURG: Yes, the ruling about that surprised me. [Harris v. McRae — in 1980 the court upheld the Hyde Amendment, which forbids the use of Medicaid for abortions.] Frankly I had thought that at the time Roe was decided, there was concern about population growth and particularly growth in populations that we don’t want to have too many of. So that Roe was going to be then set up for Medicaid funding for abortion. Which some people felt would risk coercing women into having abortions when they didn’t really want them. But when the court decided McRae, the case came out the other way. And then I realized that my perception of it had been altogether wrong.

Q: When you say that reproductive rights need to be straightened out, what do you mean?

JUSTICE GINSBURG: The basic thing is that the government has no business making that choice for a woman.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/12/magazine/12ginsburg-t.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

You folks are seriously something else.

Eyeah.

As per usual, you folks resort to creative editing to create a point that was never made.

This is the interview.

Q: If you were a lawyer again, what would you want to accomplish as a future feminist legal agenda?

JUSTICE GINSBURG: Reproductive choice has to be straightened out. There will never be a woman of means without choice anymore. That just seems to me so obvious. The states that had changed their abortion laws before Roe [to make abortion legal] are not going to change back. So we have a policy that affects only poor women, and it can never be otherwise, and I don’t know why this hasn’t been said more often.

Q: Are you talking about the distances women have to travel because in parts of the country, abortion is essentially unavailable, because there are so few doctors and clinics that do the procedure? And also, the lack of Medicaid for abortions for poor women?

JUSTICE GINSBURG: Yes, the ruling about that surprised me. [Harris v. McRae — in 1980 the court upheld the Hyde Amendment, which forbids the use of Medicaid for abortions.] Frankly I had thought that at the time Roe was decided, there was concern about population growth and particularly growth in populations that we don’t want to have too many of. So that Roe was going to be then set up for Medicaid funding for abortion. Which some people felt would risk coercing women into having abortions when they didn’t really want them. But when the court decided McRae, the case came out the other way. And then I realized that my perception of it had been altogether wrong.

Q: When you say that reproductive rights need to be straightened out, what do you mean?

JUSTICE GINSBURG: The basic thing is that the government has no business making that choice for a woman.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/12/magazine/12ginsburg-t.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Yeah that changes things.....:confused::confused::confused:

Eyeah.

This is the interview.

Yeah that changes things.....:confused::confused::confused:
Yeah..it does.

A lot.

sallow said:

"You folks"???

As far as I can see, only one poster here has quoted Ginsburg.

Now post a quote by a notorious honey or gtfo the thread, homeslice.

salome said:
Bring me the head of John the Baptist.

Salome - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

491px-Titian-salome.jpg

Is lunacy okay?

Bachmann:Well, you know, what’s marvelous is that in this country and under our constitution, we have the ability when we recognize that something is wrong to change it. And that’s what we did in our country. We changed it. We no longer have slavery. That’s a good thing. And what our Constitution has done for our nation is to give us the basis of freedom unparalleled in the rest of the world.
Stephanopoulos:I agree with that…
Bachmann: That’s what people want … they realize our government is taking away our freedom.
Stephanopoulos:But that’s not what you said. You said that the Founding Fathers worked tirelessly to end slavery.
Bachmann: Well, if you look at one of our Founding Fathers, John Quincy Adams, that’s absolutely true. He was a very young boy when he was with his father serving essentially as his father’s secretary. He tirelessly worked throughout his life to make sure that we did in fact one day eradicate slavery….
Stephanopoulos: He wasn’t one of the Founding Fathers. He was a president, he was a Secretary of State, he was a member of Congress. You’re right, he did work to end slavery decades later. But so you are standing by this comment that the Founding Fathers worked tirelessly to end slavery?
Bachmann:Well, John Quincy Adams most certainly was a part of the Revolutionary War era. He was a young boy but he was actively involved.
Michele Bachmann In Overdrive Her 10 Greatest Hits - ABC News

:lol:

Forum List

Back