What sport are you involved in, personally?

FJO

Gold Member
Apr 17, 2012
Just North of the 49th
Here we are with hundreds of posts by hundreds of self professed experts without declaring what sport they, themselves, participated in to make them such experts.

Phony and hypocrit much?

Martial arts, since age thirteen. Technically "retired" these days, but still connected, and periodically show up at various exams and tournaments.

I played team sports for many years then retired to cross country skiing.

Gosh, I'm sooo worried that if I comment on one of these sports some high minded online freak might say that I "Phony and hypocrit."

LOL

Playing Senior Slow Pitch Softball for 13 years in Florida.

Ah, slow pitch brings back some fond memories.

At the age of 45 I got more or less drafted into our office slow pitch league, in spite of my protestation that I had never touched a baseball in my life (being of European background).

Nevertheless, as in all other endeavors in my life, I did my best and learned to be a pretty good catcher and a n average batter.

From there I went to our city's Old Timers league, where I played for 10 years and when my shoulder gave upon me I stayed as manager leading (or at least helping to lead) to one championship.

It is all a memory now, but fond and precious memory.

I hope your experience was same or similar to mine.

Gosh, I'm sooo worried that if I comment on one of these sports some high minded online freak might say that I "Phony and hypocrit."

LOL

No offense meant.
But neither am I an "online freak".

LOL

No offense meant.
Glad to hear it. Guess I missed your meaning. Sense of humor much?

LOL

No offense meant.

As a genuine conservative, I have excellent sense of humor, thank you.

Cross country skiing may keep you occupied for three months in a year, or less if you live in Florida.

Try bowling.

LOL

No offense meant.

As a genuine conservative, I have excellent sense of humor, thank you.

Cross country skiing may keep you occupied for three months in a year, or less if you live in Florida.

Try bowling.
You are genuinely trying too hard.

Not really sports for me but I enjoy water skiing, Texas Holdem, darts, billiards, yard ball with my kids/grandkids.

Don't have a lot of free time I can commit to an actual team event since I have to do a lot of estimates & consultations after normal business hours & on weekends when most team sports need you.

If I had time I would likely play softball or tennis. Tried golf once and after swinging with all my might the ball went straight left for about 15 yards lol

Here we are with hundreds of posts by hundreds of self professed experts without declaring what sport they, themselves, participated in to make them such experts.

Phony and hypocrit much?

Ok, and next?

Used to be Kenpo karate with gymnastics floor-rings.Rotary cuff and sternum issues halted all that so I went to lg and sm bore metallic silhouette both rifle and pistol.
Rafting, fishing,short hikes these days. Old. Seldom. Now I just work with steel. Tough work depending.

Played all sports baseball, football, soccer, basketball, water polo, track and field, golf, softball. No hockey.

During the 90s I played Links Golf on PC in a league on a team. Used MPlayer to set up matches if anyone remembers that little gem. Uploaded scores and downloaded courses on a modem at 9600 baud if I remember correctly. We thought that was screaming fast at the time and how technology was 'really getting modern'. :bye1: Not a real sport of course but it felt like the PGA. That shite was great fun.

Forum List

Back