What sort of depraved monsters boil turtles alive?

Not at all. I read it, just didn't see the relevance to anything here. What do you want me to say?.

There is nothing for you to say, since it completely undermines your pseudo-moral position vis-à-vis the consumption of meat. You could try letting your reason take a shot at issues before handing it over to your tender emotions, but I doubt that you will.

I haven't said anything about the consumption of meat. What the fuck are you talking about?.

Vegetarianism and Veganism have nothing to do with eating meat?

Violence follows Christianity because zealots like Pogo like to use the state against it.

v0ZcLmb.png

There is nothing for you to say, since it completely undermines your pseudo-moral position vis-à-vis the consumption of meat. You could try letting your reason take a shot at issues before handing it over to your tender emotions, but I doubt that you will.

I haven't said anything about the consumption of meat. What the fuck are you talking about?.

I suppose they do have something to do with not eating it.
.......... What's that got to do with me?

Last edited:

What a sleezy routine....you said you didn't eat "anything that had a mother" and now you're claiming you said nothing about meat. MAN UP sometime. :doubt:

What a sleezy routine....you said you didn't eat "anything that had a mother" and now you're claiming you said nothing about meat. MAN UP sometime. :doubt:

My bleeping god, what did you do with those brain cells they were supposed to give you??

I said nothing about meat. I did mention I don't eat anything that has a mother. That means beef and pork. Not "any meat".

DUH. :cuckoo:

Last edited:

My bleeping god, what did you do with those brain cells they were supposed to give you??

I said nothing about meat. I did mention I don't eat anything that has a mother. That means beef and pork. Not "any meat".

Really? so what's this? http://www.usmessageboard.com/curre...f-depraved-monsters-boil-turtles-alive-8.html

Vegan? Vegetarian? Doesn't matter. If you are a living human being animals will die as an inevitable consequence of your being alive. The idea that what you eat makes much difference is simply simplistic ignorance of the real world. How the land is used is a much greater factor. The less demand for meat = the fewer animals of that species that ever live to begin with. And transporting, storing, and processing food requires roads and buildings etc. no matter what kind of food it is.

That's true. Cows as they exist today simply would not exist if we didn't breed them for a food source. And their grazing is a far less efficient use of the land than agriculture of the same land would be. That's a large part of why I don't eat anything that has a mother. I don't care for inefficiency.

Ahem. Fish or birds don't have mothers? :eusa_eh:

Last edited:

Really? so what's this? http://www.usmessageboard.com/curre...f-depraved-monsters-boil-turtles-alive-8.html

It appears to be a link to the page we're sitting on.
Do you have anything like what we normal humans call a "point" here?

On quite the lying jag ain't ya? :eusa_eh: We're on page 9, the link is your statement on page 8.

Oh for fuck sake. Minorities have no majority on animal cruelty. Stupid rednecks definitely own that spot. I live among them so I think I'm qualified to be an expert on this matter.

The damn turtles don't come out until spring. There are far more edible things to devour in a pinch.

:clap2: [MENTION=42632]Kosh[/MENTION]ergirl. Just fucking stop. [MENTION=2364]avatar[/MENTION] is going to be pissed at your racist post.

Vegan? Vegetarian? Doesn't matter. If you are a living human being animals will die as an inevitable consequence of your being alive. The idea that what you eat makes much difference is simply simplistic ignorance of the real world. How the land is used is a much greater factor. The less demand for meat = the fewer animals of that species that ever live to begin with. And transporting, storing, and processing food requires roads and buildings etc. no matter what kind of food it is.

That's true. Cows as they exist today simply would not exist if we didn't breed them for a food source. And their grazing is a far less efficient use of the land than agriculture of the same land would be. That's a large part of why I don't eat anything that has a mother. I don't care for inefficiency.

Ahem. No, they come from eggs. "Things that don't have mothers" is a simple (maybe not simple enough) way to describe beef and pork, since we were discussing beef at the time.
Perhaps it's best not to tackle biology before you've learned English.

In any case Unk's bizarre link has something to do with "plant altruism", which has nothing to do with anything I've posted or anything else in the thread AFAIK. What he did was apparently assume from that reference that I'm a vegetarian or something. He at least was smart enough to see that he fucked up on that. You're not.

On quite the lying jag ain't ya? :eusa_eh: We're on page 9, the link is your statement on page 8.

Again, you're an idiot. What page you're on depends on your settings. All I got was taken back to the same page. Which is fitting since you have no point anyway.

If you wish to quote a post, use the "permalink" link at the upper right, or cite the post number. Linking to pages does nothing.

Last edited:
I've killed and eaten snapping turtle...I've seen them boiled alive. But I prefer a more humane method....it generally takes two people.

One person with a hatchet, cleaver or butcher knife....the other with a sturdy stick. Person with the stick pisses off the turtle enough to latch on to the stick...then pulls to stretch the neck...I think you get the idea.

Oddly enough....even without a head, they thrash in boiling water...probably the same nerve mechanism as a chicken running around sans head.

Ahem. No, they come from eggs. "Things that don't have mothers" is a simple (maybe not simple enough) way to describe beef and pork, since we were discussing beef at the time.

In any case Unk's bizarre link has something to do with "plant altruism", which has nothing to do with anything I've posted or anything else in the thread AFAIK. What he did was apparently assume from that reference that I'm a vegetarian or something. He at least was smart enough to see that he fucked up on that. You're not.

I'm going to have to disagree with you on this. As far as I am aware, eggs generally come from a male and female of a species. That would mean a mother and father. I don't think I've ever heard the word mother defined as limited to mammals (excluding a platypus).

You would be better off saying that you don't eat anything that was born. That leaves hatched creatures available for consumption. :tongue:

On a related note, beef = yum! :lol:

I'm going to have to disagree with you on this. As far as I am aware, eggs generally come from a male and female of a species. That would mean a mother and father. I don't think I've ever heard the word mother defined as limited to mammals (excluding a platypus).

You would be better off saying that you don't eat anything that was born. That leaves hatched creatures available for consumption. :tongue:

On a related note, beef = yum! :lol:

It really doesn't matter; it was a simple metaphor I used because I don't believe in boring writing. None of the exchange at the time had anything to do with mothers or with plant altruism or with any ideologies of vegetarianism, nor am I a vegetarian or vegan. That was an assumption Unkotare made. It had to do with efficient use of pastureland. It's amazing how far off track some will take a thread in the pursuit of being "right".

In any case when I say "anything that has a mother" I mean a live birth. Eggs can hatch without the mother being there, or even alive. If I go to "anything that was born" with a crowd that can't comprehend "anything that has a mother", well that would be messy.

As for mother and father, we needn't go into parthenogenisis or hermaphrodism. We don't wanna bring Novasteve in here. :eek:

Last edited:

Actually...no, we weren't discussing beef and pork which, BTW, also come from eggs

And their grazing is a far less efficient use of the land than agriculture

Disagree.

Damn new england savages.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Bt8YUNaKrFA]Episode 79 - Boiling Maine Lobsters Alive! - YouTube[/ame]

Actually...no, we weren't discussing beef and pork which, BTW, also come from eggs

The mother cows 'n' sows who give birth to them will be tickled to get some time off, but your memory is surprisingly short:

That does mean the animals that produce beef and pork, although also mutton, beef and pork being the two that dominate in this culture, so of course we were talking about beef and pork.

Maybe you missed your own post because of that fey blue font where everything looks like a sig line :D

Last edited:
In any case when I say "anything that has a mother" I mean a live birth. Eggs can hatch without the mother being there, or even alive. If I go to "anything that was born" with a crowd that can't comprehend "anything that has a mother", well that would be messy.

As for mother and father, we needn't go into parthenogenisis or hermaphrodism. We don't wanna bring Novasteve in here. :eek:

So fish and birds are born dead? :eusa_eh: So now you've included mutton in your exemptions from your original statement. Beef, pork, and mutton. And nothing from an egg. :lol:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back