What social label did you have in school???

I'll start...

I saw myself as the pissed off at the world, typical metal head, skater punk
dressed in all black with some converse (or Airwalks). Never liked the whole
popularity contest, or gave a shit what people thought about me.
I was "the loner".

Most kids never knew what to think about me. I'm pretty sure they thought
I was "the kid who took 6 years to graduate" (although I didn't).
For some reason, they were also scared of me.

I moved a couple of times.

In middle school (TX) I was a nerd. In fact, I was the kid the nerds picked on to feel good.

In Hawaii (8th-9th) I was sorta popular, but only because I was over 6' tall (they called me Eiffel).

In WA, I was one of the kids whom everyone knew and liked, but didn't really fit in with a clique.

Rebel brainiac, that was a bit scary. (I only know this because someone I met 20 years later was surprised that I seemed normal.) :laugh:

-=d=- said:
everybody cares what others think of them.
Not at my school.
Small town full of cowboys and uppity kids whose parents ran the community.
I didn’t care to play the game so I dated girls from the neighboring towns.

JOKER96BRAVO said:
Not at my school.
Small town full of cowboys and uppity kids whose parents ran the community.
I didn’t care to play the game so I dated girls from the neighboring towns.

Every person, cares to different degrees, what others think of them. People just want to be liked, accepted. By somebody. By Others.

-=d=- said:
Every person, cares to different degrees, what others think of them. People just want to be liked, accepted. By somebody. By Others.
I would have to, respectfully, disagree. I was raised very independent,
so I thought to be myself and didn’t get into the
“politics” of popularity. I honestly didn’t care.

Well I was, I guess considered a metal-head who mostly assciated with the long haired folks and dark gothy or unusual kids, those were my close friends, but I had a lot of acquantances of all types jocks, brainy types mostly because I was in some of the smarty classes :(, so I had to get along. Often people were surprised by how friendly I was once they got to know me so I guess the crowd you hang with does give a certain reputation. I was never a conformist though, always held on to my individuality, and did my own thing! Still do. :)

JOKER96BRAVO said:
I would have to, respectfully, disagree. I was raised very independent,
so I thought to be myself and didn’t get into the
“politics” of popularity. I honestly didn’t care.

Did you care what your parents thought of you? Did you have 'no' friends? either of those people's opinions mattered to you. :)

-=d=- said:
Did you care what your parents thought of you? Did you have 'no' friends? either of those people's opinions mattered to you. :)
Parents - no, they expected the worst from me.

Friends - I had friends, but not at my school, most had dropped out.
I also didn't care what they thought. That's kinda what drew us together.

i played soccer.....smoked dope....drank beer...chased women....and got straight a's.....same in college

never really cared what other people thought...still don't

My graduating class only had 39 people, so it was hard to form cliques. Basically, there were a few jocks, a lot of preppies (it was, after all, a private school), me and my friends, who were basically slackers, and the people that had no friends at all. I guess to sum it up as basically as possible, I could say I was an artistic slacker. I didn't pay attention in class because I was writing short stories instead of taking notes.

I did and still do care what my parents think of me. I have a very short list (about 10 people) of people who I actually care what they think of me.

Back in early high school, though, I gotta say, I did care what people thought of me. I got mad at my parents for not buying me the $100 Tommy Hilfiger shirts that everyone else was wearing. That was mostly middle school, going into high school, though. Around 11th/12th grade, and especially in college, I stopped trying to impress people.

Mr. P said:
HEY, I SAID THAT ALREADY!
You can't be the same, can ya?
Yer on the left coast! LOL

i am not caring about the people west of the rockies you can not care about the rest

Forum List

Back