what so great about Starbucks?

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
Im sure many people have wondered what is so great about paying 5$ for a cup of coffee? This only shows what successful marketing and branding can do for a cup of coffee. I. Going to make plan bologna I sandwiches and sell them at an inflated price at my shop called "whitey's bread".

Im sure many people have wondered what is so great about paying 5$ for a cup of coffee? This only shows what successful marketing and branding can do for a cup of coffee. I. Going to make plan bologna I sandwiches and sell them at an inflated price at my shop called "whitey's bread".

Good idea. And if you want to spike sales, just put out a press release declaring you're not going to use any special Christmas packaging. Make sure Bill O'Reilly gets one. The Bubble will take it from there.

Good idea. And if you want to spike sales, just put out a press release declaring you're not going to use any special Christmas packaging. Make sure Bill O'Reilly gets one. The Bubble will take it from there.
Yeah because all the Christian hating libs will spam your advertising all over the net in gratitude and stand in line to buy your product as an anti Christian statement. :)

Yeah because all the Christian hating libs will spam your advertising all over the net in gratitude and stand in line to buy your product as an anti Christian statement. :)

There ya go -- a buycott. Capitalism at work. :eusa_dance:

His product btw -- the OP. I don't eat bologna. I have a dietary restriction against foods that aren't pronounced like they're spelt.

I like Dunkin Donuts. Dunkin Donuts rules!!!

601702e.jpg

Starbucks started out as the first national chain coffeehouse. Most people were clueless about espressos, lattes ect. They used to have good coffee. Now it sucks.

Over-roasted, over-brewed, over-priced.
That shit tastes like... shit.

Absolutely
But more importantly it shows the blind sheep mentality of Americans.
Consistently, Starbucks comes in either dead last or close to the bottom of the barrel in one blind taste test after another.
Yet they sell more coffee than anyone else - at double the prices.
WalMart - they score abysmal customer satisfaction ratings year after year, everyone you talk to hates Walmart..amny deny going there - yet they are so popular they are larger there their next three top competitors - combined!
Americans are sheep. We consistently buy from people we don't like, products that are inferior and/or cheaply made - because we see it on TV.
Pheh

I have a buddy who has been there and she thinks that their drinks are not just over priced but not even worth any of the money that you throw down for them.

God bless you and her always!!!

Holly

What's so great about Starbucks?

I've been to Starbucks in eight different countries. It's the same good coffee.

That's their (not so) secret.

I have a buddy who has been there and she thinks that their drinks are not just over priced but not even worth any of the money that you throw down for them.

God bless you and her always!!!

Holly
But yet she threw down her money.
Actually if I remember right, her daughter is the one who paid for it.

God bless you and them always!!!

Holly

What's so great about Starbucks?

I've been to Starbucks in eight different countries. It's the same good coffee.

That's their (not so) secret.

They learned it from Peet's. There's a shop worth going to, if you can find one.

I tried to duplicate DD iced coffee at home. I had a cheapo coffee machine though. I used bottled water and doubled the amount of coffee I would use for hot coffee. That worked out okay, but still not as good as DD. Since then, my coffee machine has broke and I've been using a percolator that is meant for camping. That's what I use if I want to have coffee at home. I like the flavor of the coffee from the percolator but I don't like the grinds that get in it.

I tried to duplicate DD iced coffee at home. I had a cheapo coffee machine though. I used bottled water and doubled the amount of coffee I would use for hot coffee. That worked out okay, but still not as good as DD. Since then, my coffee machine has broke and I've been using a percolator that is meant for camping. That's what I use if I want to have coffee at home. I like the flavor of the coffee from the percolator but I don't like the grinds that get in it.

Oh you poor deprived waif. Come to my house in the morning, I use fresh French Roast beans in a French press. Ground just before brewing with a smattering of cardamom seeds. I'll set ya up.
:coffee:

We'll get all caffeinated and then we'll post a gazillion threads as soon as we see Longknife show up.

Oh you poor deprived waif. Come to my house in the morning, I use fresh French Roast beans in a French press. Ground just before brewing with a smattering of cardamom seeds. I'll set ya up.

We'll get all caffeinated and then we'll post a gazillion threads as soon as we see Longknife show up.

Cardamom? I've never heard of that before. Well, I've heard of cardamom, but not adding it to coffee. :D

Cardamom? I've never heard of that before. Well, I've heard of cardamom, but not adding it to coffee. :D

Oh yeah. I put 'em right in the grinder wit da beans. Gives it a very subtle tinge. Popular in Turkey and out that way.
I don't care for flavored coffees but this is far more subtle.

And these are prime choice cardamom seeds. I get my spices from Indian, Middle Eastern and Asian groceries. :)

Forum List

Back