What should we do about Iran

What should the US do about Iran getting Nukes

• Nothing Continue Diplomacy

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Nothing (I don't think they are trying to get nukes)

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Bomb the Nuke Sites

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Help Israel Bomb the Nuke Sites

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Invade and Topple the Government cease Nuke sites

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Support those elements in Iran who already object to the current regime.

Let THEM deal with their own internal problems.

The harder the rest of the world comes down on the current Iranian monsters, the more power they get from their own people.

If course the MASTERS already know that, don't they?

What they WANT is what they have right now...boogiemen in turbans they can use to frighten idiots.

The US does not need to get itself involved in a third war in less than 10 years. Iran is not a threat, so for the time being, leave them alone.

not a threat?

okie dokie

Correct answer: they are a threat as they're testing long range missiles.

The question becomes... what is the appropriate and MEASURED response to that threat so that we DON'T get into another war if we don't have to.

The harder the rest of the world comes down on the current Iranian monsters, the more power they get from their own people.

What they WANT is what they have right now...boogiemen in turbans they can use to frighten idiots.

An unsettled world, and the additional fuel demands for military operations increases the price of fuel. What other purpose is there for the constant sabre rattling and warrior rhetoric aimed at Iran?

An unsettled world, and the additional fuel demands for military operations increases the price of fuel. What other purpose is there for the constant sabre rattling and warrior rhetoric aimed at Iran?

there's a truth to that. men used to wage war for salt. now it's fossil fuels...

which is why alternative energy is a security issue.

but we have to deal in reality and that is the reality.

Since Iran is committed to obtaining nukes, and both Israel and U.S. have said they can't have them, I'd say conflict is unavoidable. I just pray it does not turn into another futile exercise in nation building.

there's a truth to that. men used to wage war for salt. now it's fossil fuels...

which is why alternative energy is a security issue.

but we have to deal in reality and that is the reality.

There is more oil in North Dakota than all the middle east. Alternative energy is just a kickback scheme for the benefit of Democrats. Since when did you become concerned about reality?

Since Iran is committed to obtaining nukes, and both Israel and U.S. have said they can't have them, I'd say conflict is unavoidable. I just pray it does not turn into another futile exercise in nation building.

I think you'll find the US and Israel SAY Iran is after nukes.
Neither have produced any evidence at all to back up their claims.

Unless you can link to actual evidence, not speculation or propaganda.

The US does not need to get itself involved in a third war in less than 10 years. Iran is not a threat, so for the time being, leave them alone.

not a threat?

okie dokie

Correct answer: they are a threat as they're testing long range missiles.

The question becomes... what is the appropriate and MEASURED response to that threat so that we DON'T get into another war if we don't have to.

Perhaps you can detail the range of said missiles, the expected development time and what the Iranians will be able to hit with them.

I'll make it easy - I posted it just up the page.
The answer is:
About six years and they'll be able to miss Italy but not with a nuke because they don't have any and have no chance for many years.

What you have to do is read the news stories but look for the lies before you believe the crap that's spewed out.
30 to 60 minutes will give you the US team's actual findings without the political spin attached.
That's on nuclear weapons, the delivery systems and other useful information.

That would include the number of countries that Iran has attacked (none) against the number the US has attacked (a lot)

Read up and see what the truth of the situation really is. Politicians are less than truthful - don't be a gullible fool.

Do sod all.

Iran has no nuclear weapons and can't get them for many years anyway.
That's not to say Iran isn't dangerous while that bunch of bloody idiots is in charge but a war is unlikely.
They depend on China and India for pretty much everything and China depends on Iranian oil.
China owns 70% of Iranian oil reserves under the 2004 deal.
China will hold them back.

Fat chance of them starting a war but if the oil supply to China is under threat, the US may just find itself starting a real war with burning US cities.

It would be a very foolish move.

I agree with you on this. I also think Iran with a nuke arsenal would be a good balance in the ME and keep the dogs of war in Isntreal at bay.
Israel has done all the things that they say Iran is doing or will do if nuclear armed. Fucking lying hypocrites.

Do sod all.

That's not to say Iran isn't dangerous while that bunch of bloody idiots is in charge but a war is unlikely.
They depend on China and India for pretty much everything and China depends on Iranian oil.

Fat chance of them starting a war but if the oil supply to China is under threat, the US may just find itself starting a real war with burning US cities.

Everything about that post was stupid and wrong.

I think you're supposed to explain why. :)

I see that poster is totally unable to back up his claim with any evidence at all.
That suggests he may be talking a load of bollocks. :)

Do sod all.

Everything about that post was stupid and wrong.

I think you're supposed to explain why. :)

- Iran is NOT "many years" away from having a nuclear weapon.

Panetta: Iran could have nuclear weapons, delivery vehicles in 2-3 years - The Hill's DEFCON Hill

- China wouldn't "hold back" Iran (just look at how they "hold back" North Korea). As long as they can get at the oil they don't care what Iran does or what comes of it. China sure as hell couldn't get into a war with the US over it. Even if we did go in an level Iran, when the dust settled China would still have access to the oil (much more effectively in all likelihood) and would be just as happy about it. China's not about proxy wars and the like.

Under this president? Not fucking likely. Remember how our courageous leader supported the opposition when they protested the last illegitimate election? He played golf while brave men and women were literally shot dead in the streets loudly wondering where the US and our principles were.

Don't forget to vote.

I think you'll find the US and Israel SAY Iran is after nukes.
Neither have produced any evidence at all to back up their claims.

Unless you can link to actual evidence, not speculation or propaganda.

British Intelligence Warns Iran Will Have Nuclear Weapons by 2014 as U.S. Tightens Sanctions - By Mary Casey and Jennifer Parker | The Middle East Channel

Its not like official government sources have never given misleading statements "to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary." - Mencken

They could be 100% accurate in their estimates, they could also be pissing on our legs and telling us it is raining.
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/h/hlmencke101109.html#Yg8SjFJBHxI1zFDq.99

A nuclear armed Iran will balance the power in the ME.
They, unlike Israel, have not started a war in decades. IMO, it is Israel that needs to be restrained, and who is leading the US into more war that only benefits them.
If people can't see this or don't know the history of the US and Israel and how much American blood has been shed for Israel then you are blind, and the Zionists propaganda slant on history has done it's job on you.

Attacking Nuclear plants is against international law, Iran is a signatory of the NNPT, Israel is not, under that treaty America is bound to help Iran develop Nuclear energy

Forum List

Back