What should we do about Communism in the US?

Give us a link.

From the world net daily, so take it for what it is worth. There is no direct link to the supposed tape of the discussion at the web site.

In a newly unearthed tape, Obama is heard telling Chicago’s public station WBEZ-FM in 2001 that “redistributive change” is needed, pointing to what he regarded as a failure of the U.S. Supreme Court under Chief Justice Earl Warren in its rulings on civil rights issues in the 1960s.

Ads by Google

• Is Obama The Antichrist?A Massive Bible Prophecy Debate On Is Obama The Antichrist. See Now!Who Is The Antichrist

The Warren court, he said, failed to “break free from the essential constraints” in the U.S. Constitution and launch a major redistribution of wealth. But Obama, then an Illinois state lawmaker, said the legislative branch of government, rather than the courts, probably was the ideal avenue for accomplishing that goal.

In the 2001 interview, Obama said: If you look at the victories and failures of the civil rights movement and its litigation strategy in the court, I think where it succeeded was to invest formal rights in previously dispossessed people, so that now I would have the right to vote. I would now be able to sit at the lunch counter and order and as long as I could pay for it I’d be OK.

But, the Supreme Court never ventured into the issues of redistribution of wealth, and of more basic issues such as political and economic justice in society. To that extent, as radical as I think people try to characterize the Warren Court, it wasn’t that radical. It didn’t break free from the essential constraints that were placed by the Founding Fathers in the Constitution, at least as it’s been interpreted, and the Warren Court interpreted in the same way, that generally the Constitution is a charter of negative liberties. Says what the states can’t do to you. Says what the federal government can’t do to you, but doesn’t say what the federal government or state government must do on your behalf.

And that hasn’t shifted and one of the, I think, tragedies of the civil rights movement was because the civil rights movement became so court-focused I think there was a tendency to lose track of the political and community organizing and activities on the ground that are able to put together the actual coalition of powers through which you bring about redistributive change. In some ways we still suffer from that.

Obama rips U.S. Constitution

Ive heard the audio of that

From the world net daily, so take it for what it is worth. There is no direct link to the supposed tape of the discussion at the web site.

In a newly unearthed tape, Obama is heard telling Chicago’s public station WBEZ-FM in 2001 that “redistributive change” is needed, pointing to what he regarded as a failure of the U.S. Supreme Court under Chief Justice Earl Warren in its rulings on civil rights issues in the 1960s.

Ads by Google

• Is Obama The Antichrist?A Massive Bible Prophecy Debate On Is Obama The Antichrist. See Now!Who Is The Antichrist

The Warren court, he said, failed to “break free from the essential constraints” in the U.S. Constitution and launch a major redistribution of wealth. But Obama, then an Illinois state lawmaker, said the legislative branch of government, rather than the courts, probably was the ideal avenue for accomplishing that goal.

In the 2001 interview, Obama said: If you look at the victories and failures of the civil rights movement and its litigation strategy in the court, I think where it succeeded was to invest formal rights in previously dispossessed people, so that now I would have the right to vote. I would now be able to sit at the lunch counter and order and as long as I could pay for it I’d be OK.

But, the Supreme Court never ventured into the issues of redistribution of wealth, and of more basic issues such as political and economic justice in society. To that extent, as radical as I think people try to characterize the Warren Court, it wasn’t that radical. It didn’t break free from the essential constraints that were placed by the Founding Fathers in the Constitution, at least as it’s been interpreted, and the Warren Court interpreted in the same way, that generally the Constitution is a charter of negative liberties. Says what the states can’t do to you. Says what the federal government can’t do to you, but doesn’t say what the federal government or state government must do on your behalf.

And that hasn’t shifted and one of the, I think, tragedies of the civil rights movement was because the civil rights movement became so court-focused I think there was a tendency to lose track of the political and community organizing and activities on the ground that are able to put together the actual coalition of powers through which you bring about redistributive change. In some ways we still suffer from that.

Hmmm.................there's no direct link to what you claim was said, so you submit this quote as a way to "prove" Obama said the Constitution was "fundamentally flawed"?

Those words don't appear in this quote.

However.................Obama does state that our Constitution is a charter of negative liberties, saying what the federal and state government can't do.

So are driving laws if you think about it..........they tell you what you can't do as well.

Try again...............fail...................

ABS, please don't play the far right or far left extremist moron role, please.

I wrote "From the world net daily, so take it for what it is worth. There is no direct link to the supposed tape of the discussion at the web site."

Crusader Frank said he had heard it and I asked him for a link.

OK?

Ads by Google

Hmmm.................there's no direct link to what you claim was said, so you submit this quote as a way to "prove" Obama said the Constitution was "fundamentally flawed"?

Those words don't appear in this quote.

However.................Obama does state that our Constitution is a charter of negative liberties, saying what the federal and state government can't do.

So are driving laws if you think about it..........they tell you what you can't do as well.

Try again...............fail...................

I did not know that Mitt commented on the below.

Do you have anything that shows it?

The point was that Obama said he thought the Constitution was flawed.

You know what, so do I, and it has been ever since it was ratified, is today, and will ever be. Why? Because it is the work of man.

Having said that, let me also say, I think the Constitution is the greatest work in the history of secular writing.

Ads by Google

Hey Jake, is this part of your Mitten worship? Lies and bullshit about our President? The choosing of Paul Ryan as his running mate proves you are totally wrong about Romney. He is just another far right wing puppet.

No Jake, the point is you posted right wing propaganda and call it fact. You are what you SAY you despise. All because of you are smitten by Mitten.

I now know what I suspected: you are unbalanced emotionally by your political beliefs.

You and Crusader Frank are the opposite sides of the same coin.

You know what, so do I, and it has been ever since it was ratified, is today, and will ever be. Why? Because it is the work of man.

Having said that, let me also say, I think the Constitution is the greatest work in the history of secular writing.

Hey Jake, is this part of your Mitten worship? Lies and bullshit about our President? The choosing of Paul Ryan as his running mate proves you are totally wrong about Romney. He is just another far right wing puppet.

No Jake, the point is you posted right wing propaganda and call it fact. You are what you SAY you despise. All because of you are smitten by Mitten.

I now know what I suspected: you are unbalanced emotionally by your political beliefs.

You and Crusader Frank are the opposite sides of the same coin.

You are full of shit Jake and you know it. Tell me Jake, do you believe that all America needs is to give trickle down another chance, and that deregulation of Wall Street will create different results from the collapse of our economy BY Wall Street?

If so, the Mitten is your man. But don't try to pose as someone with any kind of moderate views or any understanding of how we got into the mess we're in.

:lol: Tell me far lefty goofball. Do you have the slightest idea about what you are talking?

We were talking about the validity of a link on whether and how Obama said the Constitution was flawed, and you are off on a Romney hunt.

We are not talking about Romney's views, buddy. We are talking about Obama's.

:lol: Tell me far lefty goofball. Do you have the slightest idea about what you are talking?

We were talking about the validity of a link on whether and how Obama said the Constitution was flawed, and you are off on a Romney hunt.

Well Jake, you posted a far right wing hit piece from WorldNetDaily. It doesn't get any farther right than that Jake. But, it must be true, because your guy Smitten must win. So let's throw everything we once said out the window.

Hey Jake, PLEASE tell me what 'far lefty goofball' views I have posted on this board? While you're at it, PLEASE tell me who the far left is in Washington Jake? Bernie Sanders, who wants to tax corporations that pay zero corporate taxes and who has a reasonable plan to make Social Security solvent by gradually raising the Social Security payroll tax cap?

Everything you said on this board is now empty bullshit, all because of a man crush on a guy that has the SAME views as George W. Bush.

So, anyone think Communism is a threat to us now? How about the other isms and belief systems?

I consider the bigger threat to be the mass ignorance that leads to Communism constantly being invoked by people who barely know the first thing about it.

The thing to do about communism is the same thing to "do" about anything. It's simple: Educate objectively, discuss openly, analyze critically, and act individually in accordance with that which most makes sense to you, and is most representative of your values. As Jefferson said, the first and only real line of defense against tyranny and abuse of any kind is a well educated public exercising their right to vote.

You can't educate someone who is wrapped in an ideology and refuses to be educated to the alternatives. Take Liberals at least the ones here. They wouldn't last long if they actually had to live under the conditions they advocate.

Take just the concept of sharing. Libs are okay sharing others money for example...until....it's THEIR money taken and being given to someone else.

Truth be told the tenets of conservatism are far more palatable to the masses than Liberalism can ever strive to be. People are all for sharing until it's their "stuff" that's shared.

you know dude, I get tired if hearing this shit. My wife and I make $100k/year. My money DOES go to the programs you despise. You have no clue what you are talking about because you listen to right wing pundits that tell you anyone with a "D" behind their name doesn't earn their money. Go fuck yourself.

unfortunatly the Dem's have become very communistic. Obama definitely is a Muslim and an admitted one. Why the democrats deny or fail to believe Obama when he has admitted to being one is beyond me. What more do they need to convience their denial state of mind? Obama is by far the worst President this country has ever had and was wrong to have ever been elected. Things are so obvious it is unreal, yet the Dem's just can't mentally see it. If he is reelected it will be the end of our livelyhoods and this country.

unfortunatly the Dem's have become very communistic. Obama definitely is a Muslim and an admitted one. Why the democrats deny or fail to believe Obama when he has admitted to being one is beyond me. What more do they need to convience their denial state of mind? Obama is by far the worst President this country has ever had and was wrong to have ever been elected. Things are so obvious it is unreal, yet the Dem's just can't mentally see it. If he is reelected it will be the end of our livelyhoods and this country.

Two questions:

1) When has Obama ever said he is a Muslim?

2) Do you live under the house?

Two questions:

1) When has Obama ever said he is a Muslim?

2) Do you live under the house?
Can't wait to see that quote.

You are deflecting, little buddy. We are talking about what Obama said on the radio in 2001, and you are afraid to discuss that he said the Constitution was flawed.

Why is that? Do you think it is flawed? In the same way that Obama does?

Yep, your a mindless goofball lefty.

Well Jake, you posted a far right wing hit piece from WorldNetDaily. It doesn't get any farther right than that Jake. But, it must be true, because your guy Smitten must win. So let's throw everything we once said out the window.

Hey Jake, PLEASE tell me what 'far lefty goofball' views I have posted on this board? While you're at it, PLEASE tell me who the far left is in Washington Jake? Bernie Sanders, who wants to tax corporations that pay zero corporate taxes and who has a reasonable plan to make Social Security solvent by gradually raising the Social Security payroll tax cap?

Everything you said on this board is now empty bullshit, all because of a man crush on a guy that has the SAME views as George W. Bush.

Romney believes that Obama is not a Muslim, was not born in Kenya, was born in Hawaii, and is a U.S. citizen.

Romney does not think that the dems are a socialist party.

You are making up lies about the opponent, which is simply not right.

We can beat Romney without your lies.

You are deflecting, little buddy. We are talking about what Obama said on the radio in 2001, and you are afraid to discuss that he said the Constitution was flawed.

OK Jake, if I am a 'a mindless goofball lefty', then it should be easy to show the mindless goofball lefty views I have posted on this board. It is a reasonable request, isn't it Jake?

The sad thing is YOU are now sounding like Frank. Really sad. I had respect for you, but now you have no credibility.

Actually.................the post you had back a bit farther in the thread never said that Obama ever said that the Constitution was fundamentally flawed.

As a matter of fact, what you posted (and I have quoted, so you can't erase it) only talked about the Civil Rights Movement, as well as what the government (be it federal or state) CAN'T do to you.

As far as the "quote" you had? Even you admitted it was from a far right wing fringe site and was subject to question.

And yeah................that post was quoted also.

Not just for the idiots who stupidly accuse our president of being Communist (... and Muslim, Marxist, Taoist, Pastafarian, and every other ism known to humankind) ... Nope, not just idiots should answer this one. It would be nice if intelligent people weighed in as well. (That leaves out Romney who has said Russia is our biggest enemy. Insert rolling eyes emoticon here)

So, anyone think Communism is a threat to us now? How about the other isms and belief systems? What are the threats we face now? And what should we do about the people who believe in them?

Thanks.

I think ex communists living here in our country and driving on our roads are one of our biggest threats. They cannot drive worth shit.

I don't think communism is a threat to any democracy anymore.

Since the wall came down, the only communists are tired old men. No one is listening.

Americans should be comfortable just leaving communists alone, allowing them some freedom of speech and knowing that it is a dying cause.

Communism is just another variant of Progressive.

You are all the same to me.

The fact that you can not tell different political beliefs apart says a lot about you - nothing at all about the political beliefs.

There are 8 - 10 very different political beliefs - learn to tell them apart.

Forum List

Back